Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot

It comes down to your last 3 games.

You had a chance and failed miserably. We beat the Texans, their offense didn't score a point on us.

We beat the Titans, if he did what we did you'd be in and we'd be out.

You have beaten us 3 times in a row now, what has that gotten you?
We have a superb foundation for the future and for the "now".

Ranked #1, overall d, pass d, points allowed d, and rushing.
That is the perfect playoff mold.

You do have a great fourth quarter team, and that is something to build on. The Phins getting Brandon Marshall would make a ton of sense.

See you next year, catch us on NBC at 4:30, Sharp-

Eeuugh. Who knows about that. In the first half of the season, we played great in the 1st two quarters, but then were absolutely atrocious in the 3rd and 4th quarters. It was embarassing.

And then the last half of the season, we swapped those. We played terrible 1st halfs, and then all of a sudden played like we were the number 1 defense, and we would nearly or completely over 3 touchdown deficits. It is mind boggling. None of us really know the identity of this team, because we're not really consistent in anything.

Sweep Biatch
clear.gif

Jets starters under 30
Sanchez
Greene
Washington
Edwards
Cotchery
Smith
Clowney
DBrick
Mangold
Pace
Harris
Revis¨
Sheppard
Rhodes
Leonhard

Enough proof? Like I said do some research before you talk out of your ***.

So let me get this straight.....you start 2 RB's, and neither one is named Thomas Jones??

You start 4 WR's??

I counted 9 offensive "starters" on a list that didn't include Faneca, Richardson, Jones, Woody or Moore. Do you guys have some new innovative base offense that I have missed???

It comes down to your last 3 games.

You had a chance and failed miserably. We beat the Texans, their offense didn't score a point on us.

We beat the Titans, if he did what we did you'd be in and we'd be out.

You have beaten us 3 times in a row now, what has that gotten you?We have a superb foundation for the future and for the "now".

Ranked #1, overall d, pass d, points allowed d, and rushing.
That is the perfect playoff mold.

You do have a great fourth quarter team, and that is something to build on. The Phins getting Brandon Marshall would make a ton of sense.

See you next year, catch us on NBC at 4:30, Sharp-

a division championship and a playoff appearence??

all that stuff you just spewed....what has it gotten the Jests? a playoff appearence.

enjoy your handout...it won't last long.

Eeuugh. Who knows about that. In the first half of the season, we played great in the 1st two quarters, but then were absolutely atrocious in the 3rd and 4th quarters. It was embarassing.

And then the last half of the season, we swapped those. We played terrible 1st halfs, and then all of a sudden played like we were the number 1 defense, and we would nearly or completely over 3 touchdown deficits. It is mind boggling. None of us really know the identity of this team, because we're not really consistent in anything.

Since the NE game, in the 4th quarter we have outscored opponents 61-30.. In 5 games.. Now if we played with this intensity all season like we did in those comebacks in the 4th quarter.. I have no doubt we would be at least 11-5.. maybe even 13-3..

oldest to youngest NFL teams

September 7, 2009

Age Rank NFL Team Average Age
1 Redskins 28.02
2 Saints 27.99
3 Cardinals 27.74
3 Patriots 27.74
5 Lions 27.62
6 49ers 27.51
7 Steelers 27.50
8 Vikings 27.48
9 Seahawks 27.41
10 Falcons 27.39
11 Titans 27.29
12 Browns 27.18
13 Jets 27.16
13 Broncos 27.16
15 Bears 27.02
16 Cowboys 26.93
17 Bills 26.93
18 Chargers 26.93
19 Texans 26.89
20 Giants 26.88
21 Ravens 26.83
22 Raiders 26.82
23 Eagles 26.81
24 Rams 26.73
25 Jaguars 26.61
26 Bengals 26.60
27 Dolphins 26.47
28 Bucs 26.46
29 Panthers 26.39
30 Chiefs 26.36
31 Colts 26.34
32 Packers 26.16
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

a division championship and a playoff appearence??

all that stuff you just spewed....what has it gotten the Jests? a playoff appearence.

enjoy your handout...it won't last long.

would you like a tissue?

So let me get this straight.....you start 2 RB's, and neither one is named Thomas Jones??

You start 4 WR's??

I counted 9 offensive "starters" on a list that didn't include Faneca, Richardson, Jones, Woody or Moore. Do you guys have some new innovative base offense that I have missed???
Greene and Washington are the future of our running game, they are both integral pieces to the future and/present of the Jets offense. Clowney is our starting slot WR.

Fact is you guys can keep telling yourselves that the Jets are an old team but you will be sadly mistaken. The core of the Jets team is young and they are only going to get better as a team.

Since the NE game, in the 4th quarter we have outscored opponents 61-30.. In 5 games.. Now if we played with this intensity all season like we did in those comebacks in the 4th quarter.. I have no doubt we would be at least 11-5.. maybe even 13-3..

Yeah exactly. I'm just not sure why we only seem to turn it on when we're down by a huge amount of points. If we could play with that intensity all the time, that would just be scary.

Greene and Washington are the future of our running game, they are both integral pieces to the future and/present of the Jets offense. Clowney is our starting slot WR.

Fact is you guys can keep telling yourselves that the Jets are an old team but you will be sadly mistaken. The core of the Jets team is young and they are only going to get better as a team.

The only "old" guys are faneca, Ellis and Woody and all can still play at a pretty high level.

We have an excellent core that is heading into their prime. I would like to see us stop trading away picks though so we can build some better depth(and we'll have to start rebuilding parts of the OL) BUT when you lose guys like jenkins and Leon and still make the playoffs it shows we do have depth.

I didn't say the Jets were an old team....but your post indicated that either you don't understand exactly what a starter is, or you were stretching the truth to prove your point.

The only "old" guys are faneca, Ellis and Woody and all can still play at a pretty high level.

We have an excellent core that is heading into their prime. I would like to see us stop trading away picks though so we can build some better depth(and we'll have to start rebuilding parts of the OL) BUT when you lose guys like jenkins and Leon and still make the playoffs it shows we do have depth.

...or it shows that the Colts and Bengals were MUCH happier to see you there than the alternatives.

you were given a gift...it is not polite to not acknowledge the gift giver. Have you sent the Colts a gift basket yet? It's only right.

Do you think Michael Strahan accepted his record setting sack and never bothered to thank Brett Favre? I don't

I didn't say the Jets were an old team....but your post indicated that either you don't understand exactly what a starter is, or you were stretching the truth to prove your point.
I thought it was safe to assume that most people were smart enough to know that we didn't start two RBs one of which when healthy is our starting KR.

My response was to someone who said the Jets roster was filled with old overpaid players which is obviously not the case.

...or it shows that the Colts and Bengals were MUCH happier to see you there than the alternatives.

you were given a gift...it is not polite to not acknowledge the gift giver. Have you sent the Colts a gift basket yet? It's only right.

Do you think Michael Strahan accepted his record setting sack and never bothered to thank Brett Favre? I don't
I already thanked the biggest gift giver and don't kid yourself thinking it was the Colts. By far the biggest gift giver was the Dolphins by losing their last 3 games.

Back
Top Bottom