Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot

Cincy had the number 3 seed locked up alright.....they are the 4 seed, they had to win to get the 3 seed. Know those facts. And after that i can't really understand because all i see and hear is :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Regardless of what happened the Jets took the bengals to the woodshed tonight. And don't tell me the Bengals did not want to win otherwise they would of sat palmer in the second half. They didn't. We will know more next week. Now does this mean the Jets are going to run the table, no. Can they beat the bengals again, who knows, but for what they overcame, this feels damn good. Not only to make the playoffs when everyone said they were done, but to close out the Giants stadium the right way unlike those stinking Giants was even sweeter. I mean come on, with Jenkins and Washington gone for the year, everyone thought they were done. With the number one defense and number one rushing game, anything can happen and even if they go one and done i will still be happy. Because Rex Ryan came in here and laid a great ground work. Normally we see the Jets lose this type of game, but you know what, these aren't the same old jets. This is different, and i like what i'm seeing.:wink::wink:[/quote]Do you honestly feel the Jets would have beaten Indy with Manning and CO. finishing the game ? wake up d-bag jets fans !

I didn't say the Jets were an old team....but your post indicated that either you don't understand exactly what a starter is, or you were stretching the truth to prove your point.

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

September 7, 2009

Age Rank NFL Team Average Age

13th Jets 27.16

27th Dolphins 26.47

...or it shows that the Colts and Bengals were MUCH happier to see you there than the alternatives.

you were given a gift...it is not polite to not acknowledge the gift giver. Have you sent the Colts a gift basket yet? It's only right.

Do you think Michael Strahan accepted his record setting sack and never bothered to thank Brett Favre? I don't
Don't talk to us about the Colts giving us the game. I'm tired of hearing this crying from all you Dolphin fans. Here are the FACTS ... not what your crystal ball is saying ... While their starters were on the field and playing hard we held them to 15 points ... AND the fact is ... the ONLY reason they scored a TD on us in the first half was because they got an automatic 1st down on a tripping penalty after we held them on 4th and 1. If you think they want to see our defense again you're living on your own planet.

Meanwhile ... they HUMILIATED your defense. They had the ball for about 3 minutes and scored 30 points. Peyton could have played lefty and still beat you.

They will be one and done. Only way they can compete is against backup players. Bengals will crush them next week in Cincy.
not really jest murdered them give credit where credit is due they can easily beat soft *** cincy there not physical at all but there done after that!!

Only the Jets fanbase would have the nerve to brag after a freaking gimme playoff spot.

please do not show them true facts , their brains will hemorrhage and you will be held responsible.

you guys are pretty funny. Maybe if you guys could actually read you could see that revis christ never said anything about the jets being younger than the dolphins. Rather he responded to the ignorant comment of the jets having an aging team when in reality, the majority of the team is actually quite young.

This thread is so stupid,give credit to the Jets.They took advantage of what was given to them and this is no different than us winning the division and making the playoffs with the vanilla schedule that we have last year.We took advantage of a crappy schedule and the Jets of teams that didn't have nothing to play for.I mean specially the Colts game and if you remember correctly we were one and done also last year.

Don't talk to us about the Colts giving us the game. I'm tired of hearing this crying from all you Dolphin fans. Here are the FACTS ... not what your crystal ball is saying ... While their starters were on the field and playing hard we held them to 15 points ... AND the fact is ... the ONLY reason they scored a TD on us in the first half was because they got an automatic 1st down on a tripping penalty after we held them on 4th and 1. If you think they want to see our defense again you're living on your own planet.

Meanwhile ... they HUMILIATED your defense. They had the ball for about 3 minutes and scored 30 points. Peyton could have played lefty and still beat you.

:lol: funny. The Colts QUIT playing the Jests after their EASY 3rd quarter Touchdown (9 plays 81 yds, in which they never even faced a 3rd down). 15 points through 35 minutes of play.

In the same time frame against the Dolphins, a game in which the Colts were actually motivated to win, game planned to win, and actually tried to win, they had 13 points.

It's funny that any Jests fan is complaining about Dolphins fans 'crying' when that's all they did after we won the division in your house last year..."bbut bbuut Tom Brady didn't even play...wahhh"

This thread is so stupid,give credit to the Jets.They took advantage of what was given to them and this is no different than us winning the division and making the playoffs with the vanilla schedule that we have last year.We took advantage of a crappy schedule and the Jets of teams that didn't have nothing to play for.I mean specially the Colts game and if you remember correctly we were one and done also last year.

sorry, but there is a BIG difference between playing a weak schedule, while still getting every team's best shot...versus playing a team that has not prepared to win and is playing their backups.

St. Louis could have beaten the Colts after they took their starters out....look what Buffalo did to them.

bad team > team of unprepared backups.

alright burger13, as a fan...how devistated would you be if the dolphins got into the playoffs under the same scenerio? I bet you would be demanding the dolphins to give up their playoff spot....

You can complain all you want but your argument is weak...plain and simple. At the end of the day who got into the playoffs? who held the tie breakers? who blew their last 3 games against average opponents and blew their chance at the playoffs? While you have not actually said so, it sure seems like you are implying that the dolphins are much more deserving than the jets of having a playoff spot.

you guys are pretty funny. Maybe if you guys could actually read you could see that revis christ never said anything about the jets being younger than the dolphins. Rather he responded to the ignorant comment of the jets having an aging team when in reality, the majority of the team is actually quite young.

ESPN's Mike Sando would disagree with you. He's a paid expert. You arent. Go argue with him.

You also didn't play any team that had something to play for in the last 5 weeks. Sometimes luck plays a role, we FINALLY had some good luck the last couple of weeks.
Agreed, although when is a Dolphins/Jets game never meaningful? ;) With that being said, you guys are in and while I will be rooting for the Bengals, I do think it will be a close one and the Jets definitely have a great shot no doubt. I honestly don't see them getting past the divisionals personally. Regardless of the outcome, hoping for no injuries on either side. Great to still see you here on FH after all these years nyjunc. You've always been classy and respectful.

Sucks definitely to watch the hated Jets to win but they are, granted Colts laid down but the Bengals chose not to play and got stomped. That defense is scary good and so is that 3 headed monster now at rushing the football. If they can stay mistake free with Sanchez look out to anyone IMO. Although it is funny how Bart Scott kinda ate his words when they used the wildcat with SMith and it worked very well in that lol. Still though Go bengals but it won't be easy for em.

Jets Roster

Marques Douglas age 32
James Dearth age 33
Shaun Ellis age 32
Alan Faneca age 33
Jay Feely age 32
Howard Green age 30
Thomas Jones age 31
Sione Pouha age 30
Tony Richardson age 38
Bryan Thomas age 30
Damien Woody age 32