Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell

I lose IQ pts every time I read certain posters posts.

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

vaark: I have a question for you. In the past you mock our owners personal life w/ his relationship w/ his daughter, you mock our HC and his freaky ways w/ his wife. How do you feel about this Marino situation? I eagerly await your response.

As it appears in your struggle to comprehend the thrust of this thread's rational arguments, if you are losing IQ points, your synapses are obviously short-circuiting. It really might be a good idea to move onto another thread before it's too late to fight another day :idk:

That's a legitimate question, but since your new spin-word is "context" permit me to use it here.

First, you're not being accurate: not only have I taken Woody to task for being such a terrible father that his daughter first made a perennial spectacle of herself before OD'ing, and taken Rex and his wife to task for immorality, but I've also taken the jest to task for signing Cromartie and paying off his deadbeat dad child support payments on something like 8 kids many of whom he couldn't recall the names of by 6 or 7 different mothers, the sexual harrassment of sexy Mexican reporters as well as my conviction that instead of one guido assistant coach going off the reservation and tripping our gunner, instead it was an HC-organized crime considering all those assistants were aligned in formation equi-distanced from each other like The Rockettes, no more than 5-10 feet away from an obvious complilcit HC in the planning.

So yes, I've been critical of the above, but especially with Woody and then Rex's perversions and immorality, they were in reaction to your always playing the "look at one of our ceremonial 1/2 of 1/2 percent "owners" of the team peeing in her pants while she was actually performing (it looks like trust fund baby Woody never worked an honest day in his life by comparison). So if you're gonna cast the first blow about our ceremonial owners and keep a tally of who on the Fins have run afoul of the law (unlike say Aaron Berry and his two felony arrests before the jest signed him or the draftee who had to serve a prison term for physical violence b4 joining the team, or even Santonio Holmes and his violence against a woman), you need to be prepared to be bitch slapped in return and take it like a man.

Now as to the Marino scandal: Unlike you, when I read about it this morning, my first reaction was negative as well as it was a shame that this will tarnish his record, not one of the GOATs at his position, but pertaining to all he's done afterwards. It wasn't a circle the wagons reflex reaction of "how can I spin this as irrelevant or unimportant (like you do with Rex and Michelle contending it's perversion among consenting adults and no one gets hurt- forgetting their kids), or "hey, it was an isolated incident, and testosterone has broken up many a marriage" vs. "Antonio paid his debt and is current in supporting his children."

And that's my contention: I do not condone what Dan has done, although unlike Cromartie, it doesn't look like he's a serial sperm propagator and has paid millions to support his illegitimate child - no doubt remembering her name as well. You on the other hand by reflex begin immediately minimizing the issue, deflecting or ignoring it if it casts anything jest in a negative light. I probably understand better than you that that's just the way you're hard-wired. :idk:

So yes I am critical of Dan for both the affair and not being more careful as well, but to compare that to a lifetime of poor parenting (the proof being in the pudding) or a recurring advertisement on an alternative lifestyle site soliciting indiscriminate sex with a bunch of well hung strangers frankly are not apples to apples analogies.

several whiny reasons but not one good one. How does it hurt a football team to look at a player and possibly sign a guy to a minimum deal? You guys have nothing b/c you don't understand the game.

The history of the league is littered w/ guys perceived to be done getting 2nd chances and succeeding. heck 2 years ago we signed Maybin and he played really well for us. He did nothing last year but he did perform for us in 2011. I'm sure you guys bashed us for that no risk move, it happens all the time. There's no risk invovled but average fans think every move to be made must be a big splashy move or it sucks/

And you don't listen or comprehend what you read. Stop rehashing your same argument (league is littered with has beens), nobody is disagreeing with that. What the vast majority of football fans understand is that when a #1 pick does not have the work ethic to play the game at the pro level, he is a waste of time. If he truly wanted a shot, he would have gone to the CFL or somewhere else THE LAST 4 YEARS to get in shape and learn how to play the position, but he didn't. Russel has NEVER been good or showed any inclination to get good....so why waste your time?!? That's the point! Get it?

i really dont believe you understand football. all you do is just turn anything the jest do (specifically rex ryan, woody and sanchez) into the greatest, edgey idea ever. if you cant see the difference from a player (maybin), who had a couple of unproductive seasons, vs a player like russell who is drug addicted, broke and hasnt played in 3 years, then you dont understand the game.

clearly reading isn't your friend. If you actually read my posts you'd understand I bash the Jets when they deserve it like this year. I am just not over the top about the way you guys are. Just admit you are wrong and move on before you try again to deflect w/ more lies.

vaark: you are alreadr making excsues for Dan and don't start the "unlike you" garbage. I bashed Rex for his behavior, I bashed Braylon when he got arrested and alled for him to be suspended, I've bashed Cromartie over and over again. You make excuses when things like that happen to Miami whether it was the TWO drunk driving arrests, the div leading arrests in the last decade, the prostitute question, etc... and now w/ Dan you give you inital criticism but follow it up brining up other examples of what you perceive to be worse to try to make Dan look better instead of just saying "Dan made a mistake, I'm disappointed in his behavior". It's classic excuse maker/deflector vaark.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

And you don't listen or comprehend what you read. Stop rehashing your same argument (league is littered with has beens), nobody is disagreeing with that. What the vast majority of football fans understand is that when a #1 pick does not have the work ethic to play the game at the pro level, he is a waste of time. If he truly wanted a shot, he would have gone to the CFL or somewhere else THE LAST 4 YEARS to get in shape and learn how to play the position, but he didn't. Russel has NEVER been good or showed any inclination to get good....so why waste your time?!? That's the point! Get it?

where would they be wasting time? you teams teams discuss thousands of players they never sign, right? you know there are tons of guys every year who get cut so are those guys wastes of time? you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about but keep trying.

I said he made a mistake and it will forever cast a shadow on his post player career.. I intimated that BEYOND that he made a mistake by having unprotected sex. It's incredible how out of touch you are not only with the reality surrounding you but also with how that universe perceives you... in this case, poor reading comprehension. If anything, this is more of a condemnation than the usual tepid deflections, excuses and/'or rationalizations regarding anything negatively jest related. But then again, if your synapses are misfiring from trying to keep up with the arguments in this thread, I guess you can make an argument that it's inevitable. :idk: What it's also is throwing down the gauntlet that anytime you wanna summon Dan up you'll get a ****storm back filled with a lot more egregious, disgusting and immoral examples of where you hypocritically deflected, minimized, or rationalized.

How does he made a mistake that will forever tarnish his post playing career deflect or compare vs "Rex and his wife are consenting adults and despite the perversion, immorality of their recurring abnormal sexual behavior, they're not hurting anyone" ???

Seriously, you need to take a step back from those voices in that head of yours that's perhaps getting too pummelled around here lately.

ajxxdu-1.jpg

yep then you started bashing others for things they did to deflect from Dan's poor judgement. It's what you always do, you rationalize everything Miami and blow everything up NYJ. It's sad.

where would they be wasting time? you teams teams discuss thousands of players they never sign, right? you know there are tons of guys every year who get cut so are those guys wastes of time? you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about but keep trying.

And those players never make news.....why do you deflect when the point is right in your face? Just admit when you're wrong....or has the delusion taken permanent hold?

yep then you started bashing others for things they did to deflect from Dan's poor judgement. It's what you always do, you rationalize everything Miami and blow everything up NYJ. It's sad.

I condemned his poor judgment in 2 ways actually.. a lot more incisively than the tepid way you explain your HC's immorality for example. But since you love to pro actively dump on the Fins without provocation, I've also served you notice that anytime you wanna take Dan on, be prepared to hear about your QB icon making a drunken fool of himself over Suzy, your immoral and perverted HC and his wife mutually seeking well-hung strangers for anonymous often perverted sex, your absentee father, tax cheating owner, your serial illegitimate creating deadbeat dad corner, your organized Tripgate scandal regarding our gunner,,, as the tip of that particular iceberg.

File this under the reality of : "Trolls in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

2cr0guq-1.jpg

And those players never make news.....why do you deflect when the point is right in your face? Just admit when you're wrong....or has the delusion taken permanent hold?

where am I deflecting? please explain?

where am I deflecting? please explain?

You dismiss everyone who has a differing opinion as either "average fans" or "know nothing about the game" when most everyone in this thread has made valid points. You refuse to acknowledge even the most rudiment of social behaviors (being wrong) and your delusion about the jest making news about a 'never was' as a possible great find is homerism to the nth degree. Let me guess, that's not deflection.

You dismiss everyone who has a differing opinion as either "average fans" or "know nothing about the game" when most everyone in this thread has made valid points. You refuse to acknowledge even the most rudiment of social behaviors (being wrong) and your delusion about the jest making news about a 'never was' as a possible great find is homerism to the nth degree. Let me guess, that's not deflection.

Please post the valid points again, maybe I missed them.

Just b/c a point is posted doesn't mean it is a valid one. There is not a valid reason why signing a guy like Russell would be a bad thing. Most fans think signing him means he's starting and you have to invest big money to eat the cap but he'd sign a minimum deal w/ no risk. He wouldn't even be guaranteed a roster spot.

This has NOTHING to do w/ the Jets, I'd say the same thing if you guys had discussions or any team. It's a no risk move for any team but keep hurling insults as if that helps your agument.

where did I say he would be a "great find"? I have state dover and over and over again the chances of him succeeded are remote. This is the problem w/ you guys, you interpret what I post instead of actual reading what I post. If you actually read my posts we wouldn't have many issues.

I don't see what the big issue is. Yes, he was a bust. Yes, he had / has terrible work ethic. Yes, he hasn't shown anything to make anyone think that he is worth another shot. But you never know. The Jets are in a tough spot. They need to explore any and every option out there to try and improve the roster. Do I think Russel is anything more than a waste of time? No, but there is no harm in taking a look.

Your going to see alot of this from the Jets this year. They are losing so many FA's and starters...and are CAP strapped!

This will be interesting to watch...nyjunc will have to use his very best spin... :lol:

what would be the negatives in checking out a former #1 overall pick? please explain? let's say we sign him, do you think he'd get anything more than the minimum w/ no guaranteed money? would it hurt our cap? would there be any risk? We have more access to info than ever before yet people still don't understand how this game works.

What's worse? dude, I thought the Jets are or were going to get competition for Sanchez. Tebow is better competition for sanchez than Jamarcuse. Russell Sucks and if they plan on getting a better FA, then get it, they are wasting time and $ and depth on Russell. But then again, Sanchez isn't much better than Russell, but they should get someone better than Sanchez and not was time with scrubs like Russel who apparently is playing weight for Offensive tackle right now.

I don't see what the big issue is. Yes, he was a bust. Yes, he had / has terrible work ethic. Yes, he hasn't shown anything to make anyone think that he is worth another shot. But you never know. The Jets are in a tough spot. They need to explore any and every option out there to try and improve the roster. Do I think Russel is anything more than a waste of time? No, but there is no harm in taking a look.

That's pretty much the point. heck we were talking about bringing him in 2 years ago when sanchez was playing well. You never know if a guy suddenly starts to get it and even if you have a QB IF a miracle happens then you have depth at QB. There's no downside to taking a look or even signing him for ANY team.

Your going to see alot of this from the Jets this year. They are losing so many FA's and starters...and are CAP strapped!

This will be interesting to watch...nyjunc will have to use his very best spin... :lol:

if we suck we suck, there's nothing I can do. I will always be honest.

What's worse? dude, I thought the Jets are or were going to get competition for Sanchez. Tebow is better competition for sanchez than Jamarcuse. Russell Sucks and if they plan on getting a better FA, then get it, they are wasting time and $ and depth on Russell. But then again, Sanchez isn't much better than Russell, but they should get someone better than Sanchez and not was time with scrubs like Russel who apparently is playing weight for Offensive tackle right now.

Russell wouldn't be the competition for mark, that is totally different. We are going to look at a mid level vet like a Matt Moore or Jason Campbell.

That's pretty much the point. heck we were talking about bringing him in 2 years ago when sanchez was playing well. You never know if a guy suddenly starts to get it and even if you have a QB IF a miracle happens then you have depth at QB. There's no downside to taking a look or even signing him for ANY team.

if we suck we suck, there's nothing I can do. I will always be honest.

Russell wouldn't be the competition for mark, that is totally different. We are going to look at a mid level vet like a Matt Moore or Jason Campbell.

Something we actually can agree on.
:jawdrop:

:lol:
Roster spots on wasted on guys who never develop anyways. QB is the hardest position to find. I would rather take a gamble on a QB over some project at some other position. IF a team saw enough in him to sign him, how is it any worse than having some nobody at any another position that most likely won't pan out? It's not.

If Russel was the only move the Jets (or any other team) were going to make to try and improve the QB position, then it would be a huge mistake. I doubt that would be the case with any team looking at him though.

Back
Top Bottom