Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell

Waste of time.

If the Dolphins were doing this kind of stuff I'd be killing them. I killed them for looking at Chad Johnson and look at how that turned out. Guess who wasn't at all surprised.

Only positive that would come from the Dolphins looking at Russell would be the clowning that I'd get to do.

so were you against signing Cam Wake? he failed in his first attempt to make it in the NFL.

There's nothing negative about checking out a player like Russell or even signing him. I'm sure people laughed when we signed Vinny, when Buf signed Flutie, when oak signed plunkett, when Bal signed Unitas, when Pitt signed XFL MVP Tommy Maddox, etc...

It's hard to imagine the Jets finding a worse quarterback than Sanchez. However I do applaud them for their efforts lol.

so were you against signing Cam Wake? he failed in his first attempt to make it in the NFL.

There's nothing negative about checking out a player like Russell or even signing him. I'm sure people laughed when we signed Vinny, when Buf signed Flutie, when oak signed plunkett, when Bal signed Unitas, when Pitt signed XFL MVP Tommy Maddox, etc...

No, because I didn't know anything of Cameron Wake.

We're talking about JaMarcus Russell. 300lb QB. Pathetic work ethic. Doesn't like to study film. Hasn't played in four years.

Come on. Be serious.

No, because I didn't know anything of Cameron Wake.

We're talking about JaMarcus Russell. 300lb QB. Pathetic work ethic. Doesn't like to study film. Hasn't played in four years.

Come on. Be serious.

People can change, it's difficult but it can happen. It would be a worthy try for any team. If he doesn't exhibit characteristics of changing his work habits he gets released and you don't lose anything, if he does and macthes his work ethic to his talent you could have a bargain.

The Dolphins had a need for a DE (hell they still do). It isn't the same thing.

Again in 1998 we took a "washed up" Vinny testaverde, someone no one wanted when we signed him in June of that year and he became our starter for years. Ty law was washed up in 2005, he had 10 picks for us(though he wasn't nearly as good as those #s), LT was washed up going into 2010 then played well for us so we do have a track record of supposedly washed up players working out for us. NE tried it w/ 2 guys in 2011 and neither worked out.

Again, I am NOT saying he will have success. The odds are stacked way against him, my point is it is a no risk move. We wouldn't be counting on him, we wouldn't be paying him a ton, it wouldn't hurt our cap. It would be no risk, either he works harder than he ever has and makes the team or we cut him. It's simple.

if you cannot see the difference between LT, Vinny, ty law, yerimiah bell, laron landry vs JAMARCUS RUSSELL, then you arent equipt to have an honest conversation.

I never cease to be amazed on how some of these "supporting" arguments gets pulled out of someone's heiney. :idk:

Cam Wake got cut and then went to CFL, the next best thing to the NFL and worked hard to become the dominant defensive player there several years running... not to mention being in the best shape of his life. Bracket that against a tub of lard who was given every chance to succeed, was addicted to codeinated caffeine and was so worthless that even his mentor, "The Lost Soul Whisperer" John Lucas threw his hands up in disgust and kicked JaFatass to the curb.

I know this concept for some is hard to understand having gotten an undeserved free pass into the 09 playoffs, but one of the many differences between Cam and Russell is that Cam made his way back to the NFL the old fashioned way: he earned it!

At this point, does anyone really believe our resident homer wouldn't find a way to justify working out Rae Caruth if he were released on a technicality. :idk:

if you cannot see the difference between LT, Vinny, ty law, yerimiah bell, laron landry vs JAMARCUS RUSSELL, then you arent equipt to have an honest conversation.

This is what seperates nyjunc from us average fans:lol:

you asked for examples of perceived washed up players. I gave you numerous examples but of course you don't like the answer so now you'll change it.

Once AGAIN for the 50th time I am NOT saying Russell will be a good player, I am simply saying it's a no risk signing for any team and like a million players before he has the abilityt to turn it around. That doesn't mean he will but it doesn't hurt any team to take a look.

The reading comprehension levels on this board lately are downright frightening. I expect it from vaark b/c he has his excuse agenda and will make anything up but the rest of you? Amazing.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

This is what seperates nyjunc from us average fans:lol:

There are a million things that seperate myself from the benhad/vaarks of the world and that is a very good thing for me.

I still haven't seen one good reason why it is a bad move for any team to look at Russell. you guys are always quick to bash but never have any answers.

s0y6at-1.jpg

LOL: what could be a prouder badge of honor than being called out for making life miserable for biggest excuse-making homer on both FH and ultra-homeriific TGG. :up:

Is there anyone who doesnt understand at this point that junk will blindly defend anything jest like a pavlovian drooling dog upon hearing a bell . As I observed previously, if Mussolini, the fascist killer, dictator and war monger had been associated with the jest, junk would have praised him for making the trains run on time.

haha, you don't bother me at all and for you- the biggest excuse maker/homer on the planet- to call someone else a homer or excuse maker is pure comedy(unintentional of course).

People can change, it's difficult but it can happen. It would be a worthy try for any team. If he doesn't exhibit characteristics of changing his work habits he gets released and you don't lose anything, if he does and macthes his work ethic to his talent you could have a bargain.

I'm with you on this one Junc! Sign this BEAST to a LONG term top heavy contract and Guarantee him he will start this season! If you do I smell a Superbowl Victory! Unfortunately for you the Jets wont be a part of it lol =)

2wd3d6f-1.jpg

"the lady doth protest too much" Shakespeare

Hopefully your obsession with me doesn't border on what's turning out to be similar to the one
Ronaiah Tuiasosopo has with Manti Ta'o

you asked for examples of perceived washed up players. I gave you numerous examples but of course you don't like the answer so now you'll change it.

Once AGAIN for the 50th time I am NOT saying Russell will be a good player, I am simply saying it's a no risk signing for any team and like a million players before he has the abilityt to turn it around. That doesn't mean he will but it doesn't hurt any team to take a look.

once again, if you cant see the difference between law abiding, not addicted, once good/great nfl players and JAMARCUS RUSSELL, then you are just trying to start **** and not have a real dicussion. do you at all wonder why the fans on your own board think this is a terrible idea, the national media thinks its a joke. you and rex ryan are the only two people on this earth who think bringing this clown in for a workout is a great idea. maybe he will "play like a jet", maybe he will be able to part of the 8th most possible franchise in the new york market. he probably would come cheap, instead of money, you can pay him in szyurp. the terrible personal decisions in the past 3 years are exactly why he will be looking for work with his brain dead brother next year.

Back
Top Bottom