Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell

Actually they aren't, they had DISCUSSIONS about him and I'm sure a million other players.

It's crazy thinking to possibly sign a QB w/ physical ability for the minimum and hope he plays up to his potential w/ absolutely no risk. Pretend any other team was mentioned and it would be a good move.

uh no....I think the majority of dolphins fans laughed at us bringing in Jamarcus Russell a couple of years ago. It showed how dire our qb situation was at the time. The national media was all over us about it to.

Your own fan base seems to agree with me.
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=76728

But keep thinking this is just a conspiracy theory against the jest because everyone else in the world is jealous.

Well, let's start by saying maybe he becomes your starter.

Not sure how someone who understands the game would interpret that in anyway other than negative.

Unless you hate the Jets. Then it's a positive that he becomes your starter.

Just for once admit that your team is doing something stupid.

Say it out loud. "JaMarcus Russell. Been out of the league since 2009. Career QB rating of 65. 300lbs. Grape drank."

I'm disappointed in you cane, someone like you should understand there's absolutely no risk to bringing Russell in on a minimum deal.

Nowhere did I say it would work out, I have said numerous times the chances are he will never succeed but ther's no downside for ANY team to take a look and even bring him in for the minimum. If he sucks or has a bad attitude he's gone w/ no cap ramifications, if for some reason he works hard and plays up tp his talent a team gets a cheap QB.

You are better than this.

uh no....I think the majority of dolphins fans laughed at us bringing in Jamarcus Russell a couple of years ago. It showed how dire our qb situation was at the time. The national media was all over us about it to.

Your own fan base seems to agree with me.
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=76728

But keep thinking this is just a conspiracy theory against the jest because everyone else in the world is jealous.

Who cares if fellow Jet fans don't like it? they see the game the way the average fan sees it like most do. There is absolutely no risk to exploring a move like this.

This is a move where if we make it then it's the circus continues, if NE makes it then it's a great move.

For any team there is nothing invested, it makes sense for any team to give him a look and hope you strike gold. The chances are remote but there's no risk invovled at all.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's common sense which many average fans lack. You think Bills fans were going nuts for Flutie in '98? he saved their season and led them to the playoffs when they started 0-4. They thought he'd be a sideshow and nothing more. The history of the league is littered w/ examples like that. jim Plunkett was a major disappointment as a #1 overall pick, he was given a 2nd chance in oak and won 2 SBs. Do you think raider fans were jumping for joy when they signed him? For my team no one expected anything out of Vinny Testaverde in '98 and he wound up having the best season for a QB in franchise history leading us to the most wins in franchise history. Don't worry about what other fans think, think for yourself.

The problem with the jest specifically kicking the tires on anyone which usually boils down to the tire kickers being The Tootsie Perv or the attention-whoring owner is that, as a case in point, for them those tires feel delusionally A-OK...as evidenced by Tebow and The Meatball (who despite never being an OC, Rex enthusiastically described more or less as his doppelganger). Yes, Russell could turn out to be Lazarus rising from the ashes, but when in the recent past, even his mentor, John Lucas, washed his hands of him as being hopeless, and his coming in thinking he can try a comeback 50-60lbs overweight, perhaps the jest would be better served kicking the tires of someone like David Carr, Chad Henne or Tavaris Jackson.

Who cares if fellow Jet fans don't like it? they see the game the way the average fan sees it like most do. There is absolutely no risk to exploring a move like this.

This is a move where if we make it then it's the circus continues, if NE makes it then it's a great move.

For any team there is nothing invested, it makes sense for any team to give him a look and hope you strike gold. The chances are remote but there's no risk invovled at all.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's common sense which many average fans lack. You think Bills fans were going nuts for Flutie in '98? he saved their season and led them to the playoffs when they started 0-4. They thought he'd be a sideshow and nothing more. The history of the league is littered w/ examples like that. jim Plunkett was a major disappointment as a #1 overall pick, he was given a 2nd chance in oak and won 2 SBs. Do you think raider fans were jumping for joy when they signed him? For my team no one expected anything out of Vinny Testaverde in '98 and he wound up having the best season for a QB in franchise history leading us to the most wins in franchise history. Don't worry about what other fans think, think for yourself.

Thats because new england has a history of taking washed up players and making them successful, we dont have that history and neither do you. the fact is, your organization took all of your street cred you got from your playoff run and through it down the toilet when they gave santonio and sanchez stupid contracts., trading for tebow, signing plaxico, etc. doug flutie and vinnie were never addicted to codine cough syrup. they never had run ins with the law and they didnt WEIGH 300 POUNDS!

Thats because new england has a history of taking washed up players and making them successful, we dont have that history and neither do you. the fact is, your organization took all of your street cred you got from your playoff run and through it down the toilet when they gave santonio and sanchez stupid contracts., trading for tebow, signing plaxico, etc. doug flutie and vinnie were never addicted to codine cough syrup. they never had run ins with the law and they didnt WEIGH 300 POUNDS!

Again in 1998 we took a "washed up" Vinny testaverde, someone no one wanted when we signed him in June of that year and he became our starter for years. Ty law was washed up in 2005, he had 10 picks for us(though he wasn't nearly as good as those #s), LT was washed up going into 2010 then played well for us so we do have a track record of supposedly washed up players working out for us. NE tried it w/ 2 guys in 2011 and neither worked out.

Again, I am NOT saying he will have success. The odds are stacked way against him, my point is it is a no risk move. We wouldn't be counting on him, we wouldn't be paying him a ton, it wouldn't hurt our cap. It would be no risk, either he works harder than he ever has and makes the team or we cut him. It's simple.

I'm disappointed in you cane, someone like you should understand there's absolutely no risk to bringing Russell in on a minimum deal.

Nowhere did I say it would work out, I have said numerous times the chances are he will never succeed but ther's no downside for ANY team to take a look and even bring him in for the minimum. If he sucks or has a bad attitude he's gone w/ no cap ramifications, if for some reason he works hard and plays up tp his talent a team gets a cheap QB.

You are better than this.

I'm not saying that there is a financial risk here. What I'm saying is that it's just not worth any team's time to even kick the tires here.

I would be shocked if anyone, even the Jets, signed JaMarcus Russell. He's trash. Let's be real for a minute.

My thing is, even though he's not a financial risk, he's consuming a roster spot that might be better used on someone else.

This is why I say that you should just come clean and admit that this is a stupid move by the franchise if you guys give him a spot.

I'm not saying that there is a financial risk here. What I'm saying is that it's just not worth any team's time to even kick the tires here.

I would be shocked if anyone, even the Jets, signed JaMarcus Russell. He's trash. Let's be real for a minute.

My thing is, even though he's not a financial risk, he's consuming a roster spot that might be better used on someone else.

This is why I say that you should just come clean and admit that this is a stupid move by the franchise if you guys give him a spot.

They have already said they are not going to sign him, it was ust a discussion but if they did I'd have no problem w/ it unless they announced he'd start and they signed him to a 5 year cap busting deal.

There are plenty of roster spots for training camp, he'd have to earn his way onto a roster so again no risk.

They have already said they are not going to sign him, it was ust a discussion but if they did I'd have no problem w/ it unless they announced he'd start and they signed him to a 5 year cap busting deal.

There are plenty of roster spots for training camp, he'd have to earn his way onto a roster so again no risk.

If JaMarcus Russell "earns" a roster spot then that says a great deal about the bums you invited to training camp in the first place.

If JaMarcus Russell "earns" a roster spot then that says a great deal about the bums you invited to training camp in the first place.

Maybe, maybe not. what if he actually plays up to his talent? we could say how bad NE was when a 6th rounder became the starter, it's silly. The history of this league is littered w/ guys who succeede in new spots after failing in their original spots.

Maybe, maybe not. what if he actually plays up to his talent? we could say how bad NE was when a 6th rounder became the starter, it's silly. The history of this league is littered w/ guys who succeede in new spots after failing in their original spots.

JaMarcus Russell doesn't have any talent.

Dude hasn't played in four years. He's 300lbs with a poor work ethic.

How does this end?

what if he actually plays up to his talent? we could say how bad NE was when a 6th rounder became the starter, it's silly. The history of this league is littered w/ guys who succeede in new spots after failing in their original spots

He ate himself out of the ****ing league, He is not going to live up to his talent, what skills he had are now gone.
Just admit kicking the tires on the guy is ****ing moronic, maybe then you'll have some credibility.

JaMarcus Russell doesn't have any talent.

Dude hasn't played in four years. He's 300lbs with a poor work ethic.

How does this end?

AGAIN, the chances are remote but he has physical talent if he's willing to put the work in. There are a million examples of players thought to be done or have no talent that were given 2nd or 3rd chances that came back and played well. It likely wouldn't happen but there's nothing wrong w/ bringing a guy in for a look.

Your posting is realyl going downhill, you are turning into one of them who never reads posts.

Can one of you geniuses give me one reason it would be a bad move for ANY team to sign Russell to a minimum deal?

I might have cared what you thought about my posting a few months ago when you were semi-sane but no more. I'm no more of a psycho than you and your homerific rants that will go on even after you're dead.

Russell is one of the biggest busts in NFL history. Comparing him to Haynesworth and Chad Johnson was hilarious enough. Those guys at least accomplished something. Go ahead and sign him. I'm sure that will make Sanchez **** rainbows knowing they have little confidence in him.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

But keep pushing your new agenda to bash me b/c you look silly when trying to debate me. join the vaark crew!

There's no need to bash you. You make yourself look foolish enough to this entire board. And yes I realize you don't care what any of us think. Of course. I look silly speaking to you. I might just start calling you either Dad or Sir since I'm completely beneath your professional and astute NFL knowledge.

We should all be so lucky to have such a smart, educated, and well-informed pro such as yourself staying here for years educating us bottom-feeders who don't trust our eyes or know anything. Gang Green is lucky too. To split your zen-like knowledge between TWO sites!

Praise Jesus!

AGAIN, the chances are remote but he has physical talent if he's willing to put the work in. There are a million examples of players thought to be done or have no talent that were given 2nd or 3rd chances that came back and played well. It likely wouldn't happen but there's nothing wrong w/ bringing a guy in for a look.

Waste of time.

If the Dolphins were doing this kind of stuff I'd be killing them. I killed them for looking at Chad Johnson and look at how that turned out. Guess who wasn't at all surprised.

Only positive that would come from the Dolphins looking at Russell would be the clowning that I'd get to do.

Back
Top Bottom