Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets kicking the tires on Jamarcus Russell

i dont think its bad to look at russell. but the jest are kind of admitting they dont like their qb situation if they are giving him a look. you wont see the pats, steelers (you know, the REAL elite teams), looking at this piece of trash, this just proves the jest dont trust sanchez.

2 of the 3 worst starting QBs in NFL history. (Leaf, sandhole and JRlazy) could be jest. To funny.

i dont think its bad to look at russell. but the jest are kind of admitting they dont like their qb situation if they are giving him a look. you wont see the pats, steelers (you know, the REAL elite teams), looking at this piece of trash, this just proves the jest dont trust sanchez.

Organizations like that look for talent any way they can find it. That's why NE traded for torubled Talib, why they acquired Chad Johnson & Albert haynesworth, etc...

how would picking up a guy on a minimum deal show lack of trust in sanchez? he wouldn't be brought in to start. I'm sure they lack trust in him based on this past season but if a move like this is made(which apparently it will not) it would not be b/c of sanchez.

2 of the 3 worst starting QBs in NFL history. (Leaf, sandhole and JRlazy) could be jest. To funny.

it surpises me to hear such silly comments, you would think dolphin fans understand how hard it is to win in january but some don't.

Organizations like that look for talent any way they can find it. That's why NE traded for torubled Talib, why they acquired Chad Johnson & Albert haynesworth, etc...

how would picking up a guy on a minimum deal show lack of trust in sanchez? he wouldn't be brought in to start. I'm sure they lack trust in him based on this past season but if a move like this is made(which apparently it will not) it would not be b/c of sanchez.

the only difference is that all of those guys you named at one time were proven players at their positions, they all had off the field issues, but proved they could play. at no time in russells nfl career was he considered a good qb. you seem to think the jest are fine with sanchez (which i hope they believe). taking a flyer on a disaster like russel, just shows they are reaching.

the only difference is that all of those guys you named at one time were proven players at their positions, they all had off the field issues, but proved they could play. at no time in russells nfl career was he considered a good qb. you seem to think the jest are fine with sanchez (which i hope they believe). taking a flyer on a disaster like russel, just shows they are reaching.

Good organizations look everywhere for talent, it would be a no risk move to look at a talented player who never panned out. We've seen it a million times w/ QBs through the decades.

My comment still holds truth

There is zero truth to it, you aren't winning 4 playoff games (all on the road) w/ one of the 3 worst QBs in league history or w/ one of the 3 worst QBs in the league at the time.

Good organizations look everywhere for talent, it would be a no risk move to look at a talented player who never panned out. We've seen it a million times w/ QBs through the decades.

That is such a broad and general statement. The jest are specifically looking at one of the biggest draft busts in modern day nfl. No matter how great of idea you think this is, they wouldn't be doing it if they weren't in desperate need of qb depth with as cheap of compensation as possible (because they know they have cap issues).

what would be the negatives in checking out a former #1 overall pick? please explain? let's say we sign him, do you think he'd get anything more than the minimum w/ no guaranteed money? would it hurt our cap? would there be any risk? We have more access to info than ever before yet people still don't understand how this game works.

Since the Jets know how to win and never make mistakes while being the most elite team in the history of sports, you're right. What's the big deal?

Oh I don't know.....could it be a sign the QB position is in shambles? Nooooo never. Sanchez has the position on lock down for the next 15 years.

Precisely. Yet he doesn't respond to your comments.

thats what they said about Tebow

First off Tim tebow is not why we sucked this year. The move didn't work out but it didn't sabotage our season.

2nd, Tebow cost draft picks and a decent amount of money. IF any team signs Russell it will be for the minimum w/ absolutely no risk, if he sucks or has a bad attitude he's cut w/ no cap ramifications.

That is such a broad and general statement. The jest are specifically looking at one of the biggest draft busts in modern day nfl. No matter how great of idea you think this is, they wouldn't be doing it if they weren't in desperate need of qb depth with as cheap of compensation as possible (because they know they have cap issues).

Actually they aren't, they had DISCUSSIONS about him and I'm sure a million other players.

It's crazy thinking to possibly sign a QB w/ physical ability for the minimum and hope he plays up to his potential w/ absolutely no risk. Pretend any other team was mentioned and it would be a good move.

Since the Jets know how to win and never make mistakes while being the most elite team in the history of sports, you're right. What's the big deal?

Oh I don't know.....could it be a sign the QB position is in shambles? Nooooo never. Sanchez has the position on lock down for the next 15 years.

Your posting is realyl going downhill, you are turning into one of them who never reads posts.

Can one of you geniuses give me one reason it would be a bad move for ANY team to sign Russell to a minimum deal?

Precisely. Yet he doesn't respond to your comments.

I didn't respond? check post 36. Do you need examples? I would think knowledgable football fans like you would know these off the top of your head.

A Doug flutie in Buf in '98, Jim Plunkett, Tommy maddox led Pitt to the playoffs one year, Rich gannon, Stan Humphries, Michael Vick in Philly, Chris Chandler, Wash won a SB w/ a washed up Doug Williams, Steve Beurlein, Jeff Garcia, ... The league is littered w/ QBs being given 2nd/3rd chances and succeeding. perhaps the greatest QB of all time was given a 2nd chance- Johnny Unitas.

But keep pushing your new agenda to bash me b/c you look silly when trying to debate me. join the vaark crew!

what would be the negatives in checking out a former #1 overall pick?

Well, let's start by saying maybe he becomes your starter.

Not sure how someone who understands the game would interpret that in anyway other than negative.

Unless you hate the Jets. Then it's a positive that he becomes your starter.

Just for once admit that your team is doing something stupid.

Say it out loud. "JaMarcus Russell. Been out of the league since 2009. Career QB rating of 65. 300lbs. Grape drank."

Back
Top Bottom