JETS off to Rocky Start!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JETS off to Rocky Start!!!

N

NJFinFury2004

The JETS orgainzation has flat out lied to the fans so far this season. They had reported time and time again that Chad had been throwing the Football well the last few months and his surgery wasn't that bad.

July 31st, Herm Edwards comes clean and admits that the surgery was indeed serious and that Chad was having some serious problems throwing the football. Today it is August 2nd and Chad Pennington can't throw the Football 40 yards!!!!!! This is a PRO NFL QB who can't make 40 yard throws!!! :rofl3:

Being as optomistic as possible, you can't expect him to be throwing the ball with confidence and 50 plus yards in a little over a month. Lets not mention he is no young puppy already at age 29!

Jets Fans are talking superbowl! Vilma is running his mouth about Superbowl!

Here is how their off-season has unfolded so far;

-They were denied in building their stadium
-They lost a good backup RB in Jordan to the Faiders
-They lost not 1 but 2 good defensive lineman.
-Chad Pennington can't throw the football 40 yards Aug 1st.
-They lost an O tackle
-Their center piece Curtis Martin turned 32 years old.
-Donnie Abrahms retired.

Its not as bad as ours was last year, but this looks familiar, doesn't it boys? LOL!

Jets are certainly not a lock to go to win the Divsion, let alone the Superbowl!!!! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

40 YARDS!!! LMAO!:rofl3:

NJFinFury2004 said:
The JETS orgainzation has flat out lied to the fans so far this season. They had reported time and time again that Chad had been throwing the Football well the last few months and his surgery wasn't that bad.

July 31st, Herm Edwards comes clean and admits that the surgery was indeed serious and that Chad was having some serious problems throwing the football. Today it is August 2nd and Chad Pennington can't throw the Football 40 yards!!!!!! This is a PRO NFL QB who can't make 40 yard throws!!! :rofl3:

Being as optomistic as possible, you can't expect him to be throwing the ball with confidence and 50 plus yards in a little over a month. Lets not mention he is no young puppy already at age 29!

Jets Fans are talking superbowl! Vilma is running his mouth about Superbowl!

Here is how their off-season has unfolded so far;

-They lost an O tackle
-Donnie Abrahms retired.

Its not as bad as ours was last year, but this looks familiar, doesn't it boys? LOL!

Jets are certainly not a lock to go to win the Divsion, let alone the Superbowl!!!! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

40 YARDS!!! LMAO!:rofl3:

wow they must be nervous about fiedler being thier possible opening day starter

PhinSoldia said:
watch Fiedler now pull stuff out of his a$$ like he never did with us for 5 years!

Stop being so obsessed about the Jets.

-They lost an O tackle
-Donnie Abrahms retired.

-The Stadium is not a done deal yet, they just denied State & City money but the Jets are trying to find more private investors and we still won the bid for the land so this is not over.

-We lost jordan but picked up a very good backup in Derrick Blaylock.

-Who was the other DL besides Ferguson that we lsot? ferguson was a product of playing alongside 3 big time players in Abe, Ellis & Robertson.

-Chad can throw 40 yards, they are taking it slow w/ him.

-We have a highly regarded RT steppong in, when we lost Ryan Young a few years ago everyne was up in arms and then a kid named Kareem Mckenzie stepped in. We have done an excellent job w/ the Ol for many years.

-Curtis led the NFL in rushing w/ 1,700 yards last year.

-We are about to sign Ty law and even if we don't we have a bunch of guys capable of starting at LCB.

We are definitely poised for a deep playoff run as long as Chad remains healthy. You guys would kill to have the talent and be in the situation we are in right now.

Not quite as nervous as you guys must be thinking AJ will be your starter on opening day :lol:

nyjunc said:
We are definitely poised for a deep playoff run as long as Chad remains healthy. You guys would kill to have the talent and be in the situation we are in right now.

ah.............NO:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: especially on that second count.

See, what you are experiencing is something called denial!
We all went through bouts of it last year and are now qualified to diagnose:lol:

How about some facts...

- Chad will be better now than when we went into and won against SD in the playoffs.
- The defense is faster, younger and another year more experience.
- We have a kicker which is the only reason we didn't go to the AFC championship game
- New OC is all good. New schemes. Less predictable.
- Coles is back.
- Justin Miller was a steal in the second round and a ball hawk.
- We have a HoF RB with good backups.
- Have you heard of our new Aussie punter... good luck on the returns.

Of course, we could talk about the No QB, No RB, O-line and old defense of the Miami Dolphins who went 4-12 last year, but that would be cruel.

BZ

Demented Dolfan said:
ah.............NO:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

We all went through bouts of it last year and are now qualified to diagnose:lol:

Difference is we made the playoffs last year.

Difference we went on the road and beat SD in the playoffs last year.

Difference is we were a kick away from heading to (and probably being beaten) the AFC Championship.

Difference is you had no chance last year and were lucky to win that game against the pats.

And yes, I watched 80% of your games last year and for the last 4 years, so I do know.

BZ

nyjunc said:
-The Stadium is not a done deal yet, they just denied State & City money but the Jets are trying to find more private investors and we still won the bid for the land so this is not over.

Dude, it's over....you're crazy if you think that it might still happen. Not that it has anything to do with wins/losses...but it is over.

nyjunc said:
-We lost jordan but picked up a very good backup in Derrick Blaylock.

More like you lost a very good backup and picked up Blaylock (who looked good in a great system, behind the leagues best O-Line).

nyjunc said:
-Chad can throw 40 yards, they are taking it slow w/ him.

Since when has Chad been able to throw 40 yards.....ever?? His hail marys fall at about 35 yards!!! :rofl3:

nyjunc said:
-We have a highly regarded RT steppong in, when we lost Ryan Young a few years ago everyne was up in arms and then a kid named Kareem Mckenzie stepped in. We have done an excellent job w/ the Ol for many years.

Yeah, so "highly regarded" that you don't even know his name <nyjunc runs to the Jets site to get his name>

nyjunc said:
-Curtis led the NFL in rushing w/ 1,700 yards last year.

Can't say anything bad about Curtis....but it would be a miracle for him to duplicate his last years production.....see above they WILL miss LaMont Jordan. Should they have resigned him at that price, or franchised him? No. Will they miss him? YES.

nyjunc said:
-We are about to sign Ty law and even if we don't we have a bunch of guys capable of starting at LCB.

You better hope that you sign Law, because you don't have one other proven capable corner on your roster. Barrett is way overrated and the other guys (Miller and Strait) are young and unproven.

nyjunc said:
-We are definitely poised for a deep playoff run as long as Chad remains healthy. You guys would kill to have the talent and be in the situation we are in right now.

We were in the situation you are now for 5 years leading up till last year. And remeber, you were usually where we are now. But things didn't ever turn out as rosy for us as we thought they would in August and I have no doubt that they won't turn out as well as you think either.

I will suck it up and say the the Jets do have a good team.....but they are the Jets......and you as a Jets fan should understand one thing. As a rule, the Jets will break you heart! So you might as well prepare for that now. :)

BwanaZulia said:

Difference is we were a kick away from heading to (and probably being beaten) the AFC Championship.

Difference is you had no chance last year and were lucky to win that game against the pats.

And yes, I watched 80% of your games last year and for the last 4 years, so I do know.

BZ
Did you ever watch the Jets play?

Dolfan4life! said:
Did you ever watch the Jets play?

Yup.

Went to 10 games last year (including the one in Maimi) and watch the rest on DirecTV Sunday Ticket.

I also Tivo'd them all.

:)

BZ

BwanaZulia said:

BZ

I love the mind of a Jet fan!!!

You are so quick to point out that you were "1 missed kick form the Championship game... :cry: "

but always somehow leave out that you were 1 missed kick away form losing to the Chargers the week before. Just face the FACTS. You beat the Chargers, lost to the Steelers. End of that discussion.

and if we were "lucky to beat the Pats".....doesn't that make you lucky to have beaten the Chargers???

burger13 said:
I love the mind of a Jet fan!!!

You are so quick to point out that you were "1 missed kick form the Championship game... :cry: "

but always somehow leave out that you were 1 missed kick away form losing to the Chargers the week before. Just face the FACTS. You beat the Chargers, lost to the Steelers. End of that discussion.

Yes, the Jets went into the Playoffs beat a great team on the road and lost to a better team on the road by a field goal.

Those are the facts.

The point is, that leaves the Jets in a good position this year and hopefully we can get back to the playoffs.

BZ

Demented Dolfan said:
ah.............NO:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: especially on that second count.

Actually you are still going through thinking you can make the playoffs this year and be in any place besides last.

More like you lost a very good backup and picked up Blaylock (who looked good in a great system, behind the leagues best O-Line).

we have a pretty good OL here too and Blayclock has put up better #s than Lamont did. we are fine at backup RB.

Since when has Chad been able to throw 40 yards.....ever?? His hail marys fall at about 35 yards!!!

obviously you do not remember 2002 when Chad scorched you for a 50 yard bomb that set up another Jet win over the dolphins.

Yeah, so "highly regarded" that you don't even know his name <nyjunc runs to the Jets site to get his name>

Yeah I didn't know his name :rolleyes:

Can't say anything bad about Curtis....but it would be a miracle for him to duplicate his last years production.....see above they WILL miss LaMont Jordan. Should they have resigned him at that price, or franchised him? No. Will they miss him? YES.

I don't expect 1,700 yards agin but he will still be very productive. W/ a healthy Chad, Coles back, a pass catching TE and MOST IMPORTANTLY a REAL Offensive Coordinator our O will be less predictable and our passing game will flourish opneing things up for Curtis.

As for lamont, I wish him the best but we still have a good backup situation. lamont was rarely in the games at big moments anyway, he was usually in in garbage time such as the Mon night thrashing last year.

You better hope that you sign Law, because you don't have one other proven capable corner on your roster. Barrett is way overrated and the other guys (Miller and Strait) are young and unproven.

Barrett is UNDERRATED, Miller & Strait have ability and we have 2 vets in Mickens & hunter.

We were in the situation you are now for 5 years leading up till last year. And remeber, you were usually where we are now. But things didn't ever turn out as rosy for us as we thought they would in August and I have no doubt that they won't turn out as well as you think either.

We currently are better than any of your teams over the last decade that were supposed to be contenders but never were. Our D doesn't fold in big spots like yors does and our O is much better. We are set up for a run better than you guys have been in a LONG time.

I will suck it up and say the the Jets do have a good team.....but they are the Jets......and you as a Jets fan should understand one thing. As a rule, the Jets will break you heart! So you might as well prepare for that now

maybe I can agree w/ that :cry: But at some point in my life I'll get to see a Jets Super Bowl, I just hope it is soon and not when I am 70.

And you guys are so quick to forget Doung brien missed a 29 yard FG early in that SD game and we had the game won on the last play until the bonehead penalty by Barton. kaeding never should have had a chance to attempt that FG.

Back
Top Bottom