JETS off to Rocky Start!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JETS off to Rocky Start!!!

He's thrown 2-3 passes this camp 50 plus yards, and that is a fact. His 1st day throwing, Day 1 of camp, he threw a ball 55 yards to Chas Gessner...And it doesn't matter that Herm comes out and tells the media he isn't 100%. Chad himself has said he's around 85% and Herm has agreed. More importantly, Herm and most everyone set a target date for Chad to be Day 1 of training camp...He's thrown every day except Day 1 of the MORNING practice, he threw in the afternoon. He is ahead of schedule in terms of throwing, most reports had it he wouldn't throw until Mid August, wrong. So, take that for what it's worth.

finjim said:
lol @ Jets fans, bunch of homers!!

Go ahead, show us what a anti-homer looks like by picking the Dolphins season record this year.

Better yet, put up some stats of you QB.

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
How about some facts...

- Chad will be better now than when we went into and won against SD in the playoffs.
- The defense is faster, younger and another year more experience.
- We have a kicker which is the only reason we didn't go to the AFC championship game
- New OC is all good. New schemes. Less predictable.
- Coles is back.
- Justin Miller was a steal in the second round and a ball hawk.
- We have a HoF RB with good backups.
- Have you heard of our new Aussie punter... good luck on the returns.

Of course, we could talk about the No QB, No RB, O-line and old defense of the Miami Dolphins who went 4-12 last year, but that would be cruel.

BZ
The reason you didn't make it to the AFC championship game is the same reason why San Diego didn't beat you. Your coach didn't have the stones to move his kicker closer to the pipes with the plays he had left prior to the attempted feild goals.

Fortune favors the bold.

Good ol' Herm and his week kneed Chargers counter part, Shottenheimer, pulled off a classic "if we go for more yards to move the kicker closer and fail, I'm to blame, if we stand pat and the kicker misses he's the goat."
Ha...good luck, Brein wasn't so bad for you all through the season, but he was sure made the scapegoat to saves Herms face.

Iroquois Joe said:
The reason you didn't make it to the AFC championship game is the same reason why San Diego didn't beat you. Your coach didn't have the stones to move his kicker closer to the pipes with the plays he had left prior to the attempted feild goals.

Fortune favors the bold.

Good ol' Herm and his week kneed Chargers counter part, Shottenheimer, pulled off a classic "if we go for more yards to move the kicker closer and fail, I'm to blame, if we stand pat and the kicker misses he's the goat."
Ha...good luck, Brein wasn't so bad for you all through the season, but he was sure made the scapegoat to saves Herms face.

You must have missed the game, or don't remember it. Dougie missed not one, but TWO chances to win that game. I not saying that it was the ONLY reason, but I would give it 51% of the fault of that game.

BZ

Iroquois Joe said:

Fortune favors the bold.

Brien was very good for us in 2003 but was not good for most of '04 including missing a 29 yarder at SD in the playoffs. He missed extra points and way too many easy FGs and cost us the Pitt game.

Enough with the kicker excuse. The Bills were one kick from winning a superbowl, but I don't bring it up in every post.

nyjunc said:
Stop being so obsessed about the Jets.

-The Stadium is not a done deal yet, they just denied State & City money but the Jets are trying to find more private investors and we still won the bid for the land so this is not over.

-We lost jordan but picked up a very good backup in Derrick Blaylock.

-Who was the other DL besides Ferguson that we lsot? ferguson was a product of playing alongside 3 big time players in Abe, Ellis & Robertson.

-Chad can throw 40 yards, they are taking it slow w/ him.

-We have a highly regarded RT steppong in, when we lost Ryan Young a few years ago everyne was up in arms and then a kid named Kareem Mckenzie stepped in. We have done an excellent job w/ the Ol for many years.

-Curtis led the NFL in rushing w/ 1,700 yards last year.

-We are about to sign Ty law and even if we don't we have a bunch of guys capable of starting at LCB.

We are definitely poised for a deep playoff run as long as Chad remains healthy. You guys would kill to have the talent and be in the situation we are in right now.

Not quite as nervous as you guys must be thinking AJ will be your starter on opening day :lol:
.....the definition of irony: a jet fan with over 2200 post on a dolphin board telling a dolphin poster to not be obsessed with the jets!!!!!

Crisis said:
Enough with the kicker excuse. The Bills were one kick from winning a superbowl, but I don't bring it up in every post.

The man missed a 47 yd FG on torn up grass, the Bills lost b/c of 2 plays- Mark Ingram's incredible job getting the 1st down on that 3rd down play and Bruce Smithg's inability to get the ball from Hostetler to score a TD rather than a Safety. Doug brien missed not one but TWO FGs w/in minutes of each other.

dodge said:
.....the definition of irony: a jet fan with over 2200 post on a dolphin board telling a dolphin poster to not be obsessed with the jets!!!!!

I come here to talk AFC East, to get a Jets perspective from opposing fans and to get a dolphin perspective from dolphin fans. Obsessed? No, just trying to get more info on the enemy.

BwanaZulia said:
You must have missed the game, or don't remember it. Dougie missed not one, but TWO chances to win that game. I not saying that it was the ONLY reason, but I would give it 51% of the fault of that game.

BZ

On the 2nd chance, didn't Pennington end up going backward, not forward on some goofy play it safe kneel down attempt?

Crisis said:

If it happened last year you would.

BZ

Iroquois Joe said:
On the 2nd chance, didn't Pennington end up going backward, not forward on some goofy play it safe kneel down attempt?

yes, he centered the ball and lost a yard or 2. dumb play but Brien still should have made that kick. He just missed a 47 yarder from the same side of the field, all he needed to do was kick the 43 yarder the same way and it's good and we win but he hooked it.

Iroquois Joe said:

It was like half a yard and Dougie had the distance, just went wide left.

BZ

nyjunc said:
yes, he centered the ball and lost a yard or 2. dumb play but Brien still should have made that kick. He just missed a 47 yarder from the same side of the field, all he needed to do was kick the 43 yarder the same way and it's good and we win but he hooked it.
Well, this year you have the new guy Nugent, he should be an improvement.

Iroquois Joe said:
Well, this year you have the new guy Nugent, he should be an improvement.

I would hope so but w/ all rookies you never know.

Back
Top Bottom