JETS off to Rocky Start!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JETS off to Rocky Start!!!

I will suck it up and say the the Jets do have a good team.....but they are the Jets......and you as a Jets fan should understand one thing. As a rule, the Jets will break you heart! So you might as well prepare for that now. :)

I said this over 3 years ago.....it happened that year (4-12 after all that hype) and appears to be happening again. It really must suck being a Jets fan. :lol:

I said this over 3 years ago.....it happened that year (4-12 after all that hype) and appears to be happening again. It really must suck being a Jets fan. :lol:

and it hasn't sucked being a dolphin fan not seeing the postseason since '01 and not being legit contenders in about 15 years? Both our teams have broken our hearts a million times over the years.

and it hasn't sucked being a dolphin fan not seeing the postseason since '01 and not being legit contenders in about 15 years? Both our teams have broken our hearts a million times over the years.

there's a difference between being disappointing (the Dolphins certainly have been over the past several years) and a team crushing its fans dreams, like the Jets have an uncanny knack for:

- SB contenders in the offseason, ending in a 4-12 disaster (05 & 07)

- 8-3 record, just beat the undefeated Titans on the road....all the talk of a Jets/Giants Super Bowl.....all to possibly end this Sunday in a monumentous collapse, at the hands of the quarterback they dumped at the beginning of the year.

there's a difference between being disappointing (the Dolphins certainly have been over the past several years) and a team crushing its fans dreams, like the Jets have an uncanny knack for:

- SB contenders in the offseason, ending in a 4-12 disaster (05 & 07)

- 8-3 record, just beat the undefeated Titans on the road....all the talk of a Jets/Giants Super Bowl.....all to possibly end this Sunday in a monumentous collapse, at the hands of the quarterback they dumped at the beginning of the year.

The dolphins have crushed your dreams too. What about all the humiliating postseason losses in the 90s and 00s? what about hetting Ricky Williams as the missing piece and never seeeing a playoff game again? What about '06 when some picked you for the SB?

The dolphins have crushed your dreams too. What about all the humiliating postseason losses in the 90s and 00s? what about hetting Ricky Williams as the missing piece and never seeeing a playoff game again? What about '06 when some picked you for the SB?

playoff losses are disappointing, but happen every year, to all but 1 playoff team. Late season collapses like this are special.....like what happened to the Mets.

The Dolphins in 2003 was a tough 'collapse' to take after spanking the Cowboys on national TV on thanksgiving to get to 8-4. But then we lost to the Patriots (14-2) and the Eagles (12-4) to get eliminated, before winning our last 2.

That was tough, but NOTHING compared to what the Jets are staring at......getting hyped as the best in the conference at 8-3, having just defeated the previously undefeated Titans, only to go on to (possibly) lose 4 of their last 5, against the likes of the 49ers (5-9), Broncos (8-7) and Seahawks (3-11)....with the final blow being dealt by their former QB. That would just be a crushing blow...

Seriously, you are a Jets fan....I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. I know it must be hard to hear, and your instincts are to defend your team, but you already agreed with my sentiment once in this post....if there is one thing that you can count on the Jets to do, it is to break their fans hearts.

what about your late season collapse in 1993 when you started 9-2 and lost your last 5? What about your collapse in 2002 whn you needed one win in the lst 2 weeks to win the div? what about back to back dec losses to philly and NE to end your '03 hopes?

what about your late season collapse in 1993 when you started 9-2 and lost your last 5? What about your collapse in 2002 whn you needed one win in the lst 2 weeks to win the div? what about back to back dec losses to philly and NE to end your '03 hopes?

that's a good one....1993. Of course, we were being lead by Scott Mitchell/Steve DeBerg for that collapse.....not an aging sure-fire HOF'er who we traded for in the off-season. I was only referencing the last few years.....but that is a collapse. I'm sure if I looked further back into Jets history, I can find many more disappointments.

the others really don't compare....I talked about '03, but we lost to 2 really good teams....not the garbage that you guys have been choking on. '02 was a 2 game 'collapse', both on the road.

that's a good one....1993. Of course, we were being lead by Scott Mitchell/Steve DeBerg for that collapse.....not an aging sure-fire HOF'er who we traded for in the off-season. I was only referencing the last few years.....but that is a collapse. I'm sure if I looked further back into Jets history, I can find many more disappointments.

the others really don't compare....I talked about '03, but we lost to 2 really good teams....not the garbage that you guys have been choking on. '02 was a 2 game 'collapse', both on the road.

Who cares who the QB was? Scott Mitchell also led you to a 9-2 record.

If you were only referncing the last few years then where is our other collapse? This is our 1st one since 2000. You can find more disappointments in Jets history but we can find more dolphin ones as well. Your team has not even been to the playoffs since 2001, this is the FIRST year since '02 where you have a chance to win in week 17 and make the playoffs. Don't act like you are the '00s Pats.

The '02 dolphins collapse was MUCH woprse than this jet collapse. Sure it was only 2 games but you guys had made 5 straight postseasons and Ricky Williams was brought in as the supposed final piece for a SB run. You guys had your typical hot start then the typical December fade where you lost at Minny to a 4-10 team then at NE- a team we smoked on national TV the week before and a game where you had a double digit lead w/ under 3 mins to play and wound up losing. That is a colossal choke.

Back
Top Bottom