JETS off to Rocky Start!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JETS off to Rocky Start!!!

BleedinGreenNC said:
I hate to rain on your great record, but as bad as the Jet's are this year, the best you can do against us is split with us. So, until you beat us, we still have the Dolphins number.

C'mon now.........all the Jets fans at the beginning of this thread were talking Super Bowl.......now you're gonna fall back on 'at least we beat you!!' :lol:

Like I've said for years and years....for the Jests, beating the Phins is their SB, because they'll NEVER get to the real thing.....no matter how good they look ON PAPER before the year.

NJFinFury2004 said:
The JETS orgainzation has flat out lied to the fans so far this season. They had reported time and time again that Chad had been throwing the Football well the last few months and his surgery wasn't that bad.

July 31st, Herm Edwards comes clean and admits that the surgery was indeed serious and that Chad was having some serious problems throwing the football. Today it is August 2nd and Chad Pennington can't throw the Football 40 yards!!!!!! This is a PRO NFL QB who can't make 40 yard throws!!! :rofl3:

Being as optomistic as possible, you can't expect him to be throwing the ball with confidence and 50 plus yards in a little over a month. Lets not mention he is no young puppy already at age 29!

Jets Fans are talking superbowl! Vilma is running his mouth about Superbowl!

Here is how their off-season has unfolded so far;

-They were denied in building their stadium
-They lost a good backup RB in Jordan to the Faiders
-They lost not 1 but 2 good defensive lineman.
-Chad Pennington can't throw the football 40 yards Aug 1st.
-They lost an O tackle
-Their center piece Curtis Martin turned 32 years old.
-Donnie Abrahms retired.

Its not as bad as ours was last year, but this looks familiar, doesn't it boys? LOL!

Jets are certainly not a lock to go to win the Divsion, let alone the Superbowl!!!! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

40 YARDS!!! LMAO!:rofl3:

Your kidding me, if the Jet fan base was DUMB enough (which they were) to believe that Pennington's arm and healthy were fine coming into the season then they deserve the team they have. Because judging by the opinion of MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS and myself WATCHING how Penny slung the ball, i could tell he wasn't right in training camp, and i knew the Jets wouldn't be a good team IF that were the case.

burger13 said:
C'mon now.........all the Jets fans at the beginning of this thread were talking Super Bowl.......now you're gonna fall back on 'at least we beat you!!' :lol:

Like I've said for years and years....for the Jests, beating the Phins is their SB, because they'll NEVER get to the real thing.....no matter how good they look ON PAPER before the year.

That's b/c of an insane amount of injuries or else we'd be a real good team. Once again, your alst SB win was 1973(Jan. '74) ours was 1968(Jan '69) so there is n't much difference and I wasn't alive for any of them and I doubt many folks on here were.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
Your kidding me, if the Jet fan base was DUMB enough (which they were) to believe that Pennington's arm and healthy were fine coming into the season then they deserve the team they have. Because judging by the opinion of MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS and myself WATCHING how Penny slung the ball, i could tell he wasn't right in training camp, and i knew the Jets wouldn't be a good team IF that were the case.

he actually threw it pretty well in preseason and his throwing wasn't the problem the first 2 weeks it was holding on to the ball. He looked great in the game clinching drive throwing it right down the field against you guys in Week 2.

nyjunc said:
That's b/c of an insane amount of injuries or else we'd be a real good team. Once again, your alst SB win was 1973(Jan. '74) ours was 1968(Jan '69) so there is n't much difference and I wasn't alive for any of them and I doubt many folks on here were.

Ironic how many teams have overcame injuries to wins Super Bowls the last 39 years....i believe the 72 Phins did it too. If Herm Edwards was any remnants of a good coach he'd be able to pull guys together from the injuries, like John Fox like Bill Belicheck. ALL teams have injuries, the Jets are just a miserable franchise with miserable pathetic fans who need to get a grip because the closest they'll ever come to a super bowl is if the NFL plays it in New York.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
Ironic how many teams have overcame injuries to wins Super Bowls the last 39 years....i believe the 72 Phins did it too. If Herm Edwards was any remnants of a good coach he'd be able to pull guys together from the injuries, like John Fox like Bill Belicheck. ALL teams have injuries, the Jets are just a miserable franchise with miserable pathetic fans who need to get a grip because the closest they'll ever come to a super bowl is if the NFL plays it in New York.

How many of those SB winners have played 5 different QBs? Most teams need to overcome injuries but the amount we had and the key positions we lost killed us. Not a coach dead or alive could win w/ this group as it is right now. We have overcome plenty of injuries the past few years but no one could overcome what we have gone through this year.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:

I must have missed all the playoff apperances you have had in the past 5 years and all the conf title games in the past 15 you've been to and the SBs you have been to in the past 20:lol:

zachseau13 said:
Are you people really discussing the Jets?

Not until next week when we can both bask in the glory of not going to the playoffs.

BZ

nyjunc said:

I count 8 Jets on IR (off the official team site). Only 3 were starters as of the start of this thread (Pennington, Barton and Fabini) The others were Baker (remember Jolley was supposed to be awesome), Cavka (who?????) Chrebet, Maddox and McClover.

The Phins have 7 players on IR - 3 of which were/would have been starters - Seau, TeBucky and Poole. Also add in Boston, Eddie Moore, Wade Smith and Vickerson.

Now I know Fiedler missed a lot of time, but wasn't on IR......but the differences in injuries aren't really that much. Yet the Jests are an embarrassment and aren't even competitive at all.....while the Dolphins are 5-7 and have been competitive in almost every game.

Oh yeah, did I mention that the Dolphins are rebuilding and were supposed to struggle while the Jests were :lol: AFC favorites :lol:

Jay is out for the season, so put him there.

By position:

2 QBs
1 TE
1 RB
1 WR
1 RG
1 LB

But really, it is the QBs. If Jay had been ok, we would have won a few more, but Brooks + Vinny = 2-14.

BZ

burger13 said:
I count 8 Jets on IR (off the official team site). Only 3 were starters as of the start of this thread (Pennington, Barton and Fabini) The others were Baker (remember Jolley was supposed to be awesome), Cavka (who?????) Chrebet, Maddox and McClover.

The Phins have 7 players on IR - 3 of which were/would have been starters - Seau, TeBucky and Poole. Also add in Boston, Eddie Moore, Wade Smith and Vickerson.

Now I know Fiedler missed a lot of time, but wasn't on IR......but the differences in injuries aren't really that much. Yet the Jests are an embarrassment and aren't even competitive at all.....while the Dolphins are 5-7 and have been competitive in almost every game.

Oh yeah, did I mention that the Dolphins are rebuilding and were supposed to struggle while the Jests were :lol: AFC favorites :lol:

wow, nyjunc... he kinda dominated you there... how you gonna spin that one?

burger13 said:

We lost our top 2 QBs, that alone makes it worse than anything any other team has to deal w/. Then we lost our Pro Bowl C and LT(he moved to RT after an early injury then was lost for the year) so those are 2 incredibly important spots on the OL. We also lost Barton who was our best defensive player a year ago and the emotional leader of the D, we also lost Baker who was our starting TE and was emerging. We also lost myabe our best STs player in Darrel McClover and lost a potential starting RT in Marko Cavka. All in all it's 5 sure starters and a few other starting caliber players but again the QBs lost out our situation above anything anyone else has gone through. We have played 5 QBs.

According to most posters the dolphins were a playoff caliber team coming into thise yeara nd you haven't played like it, we also have been competitve in most games, the only game we were completely out of was the Den game. The Car game was 10-3 in the 4th and we were w/in striking distance in NE while also close against SD and NO in the last month or so.

PressCoverage said:
wow, nyjunc... he kinda dominated you there... how you gonna spin that one?

Guys, whatever the discussion, it's not important enough to taunt or bait each other. So please, keep it civil and let's not get in each others' faces, just respond to posts.

NaboCane said:
Guys, whatever the discussion, it's not important enough to taunt or bait each other. So please, keep it civil and let's not get in each others' faces, just respond to posts.

clear.gif

OR

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom