Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown

2002 is relevant to the discussion b/c the Patriots were SB Champs in 2001, 2003, and 2004 with the same HC/QB combo. I dare you to find five people who feel the New England Patriots are not an elite team because their last SB win was 8 years ago.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

How can there be multiple elite teams each individual year? There is only one elite team!

I dare you to find my quote where I said NE was NOT elite? I simply said if they are elite in the last 3 years then we must be since we have advanced further 2 of the 3 years.

NE has the same QB and HC but not much else is the same.

There's only one SB champ, there are multiple elite teams. This is funny coming from you calling Eli elite, so you think he's the best QB? obviously there are more teams that are elite beside the SB champ.

I dare you to find my quote where I said NE was NOT elite? I simply said if they are elite in the last 3 years then we must be since we have advanced further 2 of the 3 years.

NE has the same QB and HC but not much else is the same.

There's only one SB champ, there are multiple elite teams. This is funny coming from you calling Eli elite, so you think he's the best QB? obviously there are more teams that are elite beside the SB champ.

New England is an elite franchise. To be able to have continued success while having different players coming in and out proves that. I know you think NE is elite seeing as how I can read.

I believe it's possible to have one elite team per season. I believe it's possible to be an elite team over the course of time. I believe there are multiple elite QBs in the league. QBs are elite based on their team success which brings us back to the elite teams.

NYG - Manning
Pittsburgh - B. Roethlisberger
NO - Brees
IND - Manning until last year
GB - Rodgers
NE - Brady

Elite QBs on elite franchises that have gotten to and won Super Bowls.

I believe it's possible to have one elite team per season. I believe it's possible to be an elite team over the course of time. I believe there are multiple elite QBs in the league. QBs are elite based on their team success which brings us back to the elite teams.

NYG - Manning
Pittsburgh - B. Roethlisberger
NO - Brees
IND - Manning until last year
GB - Rodgers
NE - Brady

Elite QBs on elite franchises that have gotten to and won Super Bowls.

Please explain how there can be one elite team and multiple elite QBs? especially since you use reg season success more than postseason so how can Eli possibly be considered elite?

Please explain how there can be one elite team and multiple elite QBs? especially since you use reg season success more than postseason so how can Eli possibly be considered elite?

We already have a 100 million page thread about why Eli is elite. I'm not getting into that again.

How am I using regular season success as a barometer? The teams I listed have all gotten to and also won a Super Bowl (or more) within the last decade. Those QBs are at the top of QB rankings when discussing their annual statistics.

We already have a 100 million page thread about why Eli is elite. I'm not getting into that again.

How am I using regular season success as a barometer? The teams I listed have all gotten to and also won a Super Bowl (or more) within the last decade. Those QBs are at the top of QB rankings when discussing their annual statistics.

I just want to know how only one team can be elite but many players at a particular position can be?

How are you using reg season success? you bashed the Jets for only winning 9 games and not winning a division title so despite more postseason wins the last 3 years you have teams like NE and Bal ahead of them.

I just want to know how only one team can be elite but many players at a particular position can be?

How are you using reg season success? you bashed the Jets for only winning 9 games and not winning a division title so despite more postseason wins the last 3 years you have teams like NE and Bal ahead of them.

I never mentioned the Ravens b/c they haven't won the SB in 12 years so I don't consider them elite. If this conversation is regarding the last 15 years, they'd get a mention.

Also, when did I bash the Jets? Getting to the AFC Title game two years in a row as wild card is a nice achievement and is something more than my team has done in forever. These are things I'm aware of and have always given the Jets credit for.

They still aren't elite. In my opinion, teams have to win a title to be elite.

MLB - Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Cardinals
NBA - Celtics, Heat, Mavericks, Spurs, Lakers
NHL - Penguins, Red Wings

These are elite teams in my mind. Teams that have won a title and are consistently good season after season.

I never mentioned the Ravens b/c they haven't won the SB in 12 years so I don't consider them elite. If this conversation is regarding the last 15 years, they'd get a mention.

Also, when did I bash the Jets? Getting to the AFC Title game two years in a row as wild card is a nice achievement and is something more than my team has done in forever. These are things I'm aware of and have always given the Jets credit for.

They still aren't elite. In my opinion, teams have to win a title to be elite.

MLB - Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Cardinals
NBA - Celtics, Heat, Mavericks, Spurs, Lakers
NHL - Penguins, Red Wings

These are elite teams in my mind. Teams that have won a title and are consistently good season after season.

over the course of a decade or era I agree you need to win a title but we are talking since Rex got here. if the Jets make the playoffs 7 times in the next 7 years and don't win it they won't be an elite team over the last decade but in the last 3 years they are an elite team.

over the course of a decade or era I agree you need to win a title but we are talking since Rex got here. if the Jets make the playoffs 7 times in the next 7 years and don't win it they won't be an elite team over the last decade but in the last 3 years they are an elite team.

My definition of an elite team is one where they've won a championship and have had continued success afterward. If a team wins a title in any league and never makes the playoffs again, they aren't elite.

If the Jets, Dolphins, Bills, anyone were to make the playoffs 7 straight years but never got to or won the SB, they are not elite to me. They might be a really good team but elite they are not.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Btw where the **** is everyone else on this topic? Do we own the site now? :lol:

My definition of an elite team is one where they've won a championship and have had continued success afterward. If a team wins a title in any league and never makes the playoffs again, they aren't elite.

If the Jets, Dolphins, Bills, anyone were to make the playoffs 7 straight years but never got to or won the SB, they are not elite to me. They might be a really good team but elite they are not.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Btw where the **** is everyone else on this topic? Do we own the site now? :lol:

I agre over the course of an era but in 3 seasons the jets have been an elite. No team has more playoff wins, no team has made as many title games and no AFC team hashas as many playoff wins. That's elite, no AFC teams have won a title since Pitt '08 does that mean the AFC doesn't have an elite team in the last 3 years?

It's been a slow day all around:D

I agre over the course of an era but in 3 seasons the jets have been an elite. No team has more playoff wins, no team has made as many title games and no AFC team hashas as many playoff wins. That's elite, no AFC teams have won a title since Pitt '08 does that mean the AFC doesn't have an elite team in the last 3 years?

It's been a slow day all around:D

Is there a malfunction in your CPU? I know what the Jets have done in the last three years. Holy **** do I know. I've said countless times that I don't consider a team who hasn't won a SB since 1969 elite.

The Dolphins haven't been elite since 1973.

again, for an era or a decade they haven't done enough but over the last 3 years they have. How can a team not be elite when they have the most playoff wins and most title game apps?

again, for an era or a decade they haven't done enough but over the last 3 years they have. How can a team not be elite when they have the most playoff wins and most title game apps?

BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT WON A TITLE IN 42 YEARS. YOU ARE NOT ELITE WHEN YOU FAIL TO GET TO AND WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

It's sad that you're only counting the last 3 years too. You're saying that the Jets have been elite the last 3 years only. Not the last 4, 5, or 6.

I've only named half a dozen teams out of 32 in the league that I consider elite. It isn't an easy status to achieve.

BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT WON A TITLE IN 42 YEARS. YOU ARE NOT ELITE WHEN YOU FAIL TO GET TO AND WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

It's sad that you're only counting the last 3 years too. You're saying that the Jets have been elite the last 3 years only. Not the last 4, 5, or 6.

I've only named half a dozen teams out of 32 in the league that I consider elite. It isn't an easy status to achieve.

I am counting the latest era in Jets history where the Jets have been one of the best teams, an elite team, in the NFL. In the last 6-10-12 they have been one of the better teams in the AFC but not elite.

You named SB champs, they give out a trophy to those guys. They are elite but others are elite too. You still haven't answered my question on how there can be multiple elite QBs per year but not multiple elite teams?

I am counting the latest era in Jets history where the Jets have been one of the best teams, an elite team, in the NFL. In the last 6-10-12 they have been one of the better teams in the AFC but not elite.

You named SB champs, they give out a trophy to those guys. They are elite but others are elite too. You still haven't answered my question on how there can be multiple elite QBs per year but not multiple elite teams?

Do you think I should believe Mark Sanchez is elite? Have him win a ring and have the Jets make the playoffs every year or close to it and we'll talk. The QBs I mentioned above are elite b/c they've won rings and are at the top of the league in wins and other important statistics.

Back
Top Bottom