Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown

You have a thick skull seeing as you continue to try and get me to talk about Eli Manning and his being elite. No.

Tampa Bay has never been elite. I also never said Brady was elite in '01.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Here's my explanation for the 10th time. You don't get to or win the Super Bowl, you aren't elite. It's as simple as 1+1 = 2

What NFC teams did I list as elite aren't in your opinion? You're jealous of the Giants so I don't expect you to respect them. Green Bay? Championship. New Orleans? Championship.

Anyone else you want to mention?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

You mock Vaark's apparent accepting of the Jets good year in 2010 but honestly man I think that's what you want here. Why else spend hours on end trying to get people to see your view of the New York Jets? If we all agreed they were elite, what then?

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

You can give me a phantom example all you want, I've used facts from the start in this conversation. I will repeat myself until the cows come home.

No title = no being elite. Win all the regular season games you want and make the playoffs all you want. The goal is to win it all. Do that and you're elite. Continue to fall short, you are not elite.

I'm not trying to get you to debate Eli being elite, it's not debateable. He's not elite, never has been.

TB won a SB in 2002, they weren't elite? you are all over the place.

OK so if you don't win a SB you can't be elite(except TB who won a SB and wasn't elite) but 5-6 QBs a year can be elite. Got it.

I'm not trying to sway anyone, I post fact based opinions while folks like vaark whine b/c they are jealous that the team they hate has been so good.

yep you have used facts. QB who threw 25 INts just a year ago and has led his team to mising the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years is elite, team who has most playoff wins and most title game apps is not elite. oh and all SB champs are elite except TB.

The goal is to win it all, do that and you are the best team in the sport and SB champs but ther are multiple elite teams per year. the elite teams are the teams fighting for that SB.

The Bills are the one exception I think. Getting to the SB four straight years is something unheard of. Yeah they choked it all away but still it's a remarkable achievement. If anything they were AFC-elite. It's the one exception out of all of the examples we could discuss.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

What about when Junc says the Jets have been one of the best AFC teams since 2000? See my post #77 for details

Buf was an elite NFL team and an AFC dynasty in the early 90s.

I said one of the BETTER teams, only NE, Indy, Pit and Bal have more playoff apps 2001-2011.

Baltimore was elite in the early 2000s. Some of their defense still remains from those years and once those guys are gone, the elite tag (which I don't really consider them) would wear off if they don't make another SB run. San Diego isn't elite but has had some success since 2000.

Baltimore is still elite. Only team to reach postseason last 4 years, one of 3 teams to reach multiple title games last 4 years(NYJ, Pit), no team has more playoff wins the last 4 years.

I'm not trying to get you to debate Eli being elite, it's not debateable. He's not elite, never has been.

TB won a SB in 2002, they weren't elite? you are all over the place.

They were 7-9, 5-11, 11-5, 4-12, and 9-7 the years after that win. No, they were not elite. How can a team be elite on year and not the following year? You really don't believe in consistency being tied in with elite?

I'm not trying to sway anyone, I post fact based opinions while folks like vaark whine b/c they are jealous that the team they hate has been so good.

Saying Eli Manning isn't elite isn't a fact based opinion. It's just an opinion. Same as mine, Vaark's, and anyone else.

yep you have used facts. QB who threw 25 INts just a year ago and has led his team to mising the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years is elite, team who has most playoff wins and most title game apps is not elite. oh and all SB champs are elite except TB.

Your infatuation with the Giants is interesting I must admit. I guess it does suck to be butthurt over the town rival being elite.

The goal is to win it all, do that and you are the best team in the sport and SB champs but ther are multiple elite teams per year. the elite teams are the teams fighting for that SB.

Okay so you have elite teams facing each other for the SB. Only one of them can win. So....is that final winning team more elite than the others?

Buf was an elite NFL team and an AFC dynasty in the early 90s.

I said one of the BETTER teams, only NE, Indy, Pit and Bal have more playoff apps 2001-2011.

Agree on Buffalo. Awesome for the Jets.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Baltimore is still elite. Only team to reach postseason last 4 years, one of 3 teams to reach multiple title games last 4 years(NYJ, Pit), no team has more playoff wins the last 4 years.

An elite team that hasn't sniffed a Super Bowl in 11 years. Makes sense.

2q8vazk-1.jpg

They were 7-9, 5-11, 11-5, 4-12, and 9-7 the years after that win. No, they were not elite. How can a team be elite on year and not the following year? You really don't believe in consistency being tied in with elite?

Saying Eli Manning isn't elite isn't a fact based opinion. It's just an opinion. Same as mine, Vaark's, and anyone else.

Your infatuation with the Giants is interesting I must admit. I guess it does suck to be butthurt over the town rival being elite.

Okay so you have elite teams facing each other for the SB. Only one of them can win. So....is that final winning team more elite than the others?

ok and they made 4 of 5 postseasons prior to 2002. It only counts after 2002? so the giants weren't elite after winning in 2007 since they didn't win a playoff game the 3 seasons after and didn't make it 2 of 3 times, right?

Eli is not Eli, the facts back me up. 2011 led team to 9-7 record in weak NFC East, threw 29 Tds and 16 INTs. mark Sanchez (who is awful, right?) had just 3 less TDs and only 2 more INts while leading team to 1 less win. 2010 Eli threw 25 INTs- his 7th season in the league, has only won at least one playoff game in 2 of his 8 seasons, missed playoffs in 2009 & 2010. That's not elite, first SB season threw 23 TDs and led league w/ 20 INTs. he had a great run this past postseason but that doesn't make him elite any more than 2 SBs for Jim Plunkett didn't make him elite.

I hate the giants and inn the heat of the moment maybe I am not fair but I am fair now. do you want me to pretend Eli was 1999 Kurt Warner and the '11 Giants were the '86 Giants?

I do have an unhealthy hatred for the Giants, Ia dmit that but I guess that's bettert han you guys doing the same thing w/ the Jets who haven't won a SB since 1968.

again, how can you have multiple elite QBs and not multiple elite teams? how does that work? except of course for TB who wasn't elite despite winning a SB w/ one of the greatest D's of all time.

Your comment a few posts up

Then you say

Eli is not Eli, the facts back me up. 2011 led team to 9-7 record in weak NFC East, threw 29 Tds and 16 INTs. mark Sanchez (who is awful, right?) had just 3 less TDs and only 2 more INts while leading team to 1 less win. 2010 Eli threw 25 INTs- his 7th season in the league, has only won at least one playoff game in 2 of his 8 seasons, missed playoffs in 2009 & 2010. That's not elite, first SB season threw 23 TDs and led league w/ 20 INTs. he had a great run this past postseason but that doesn't make him elite any more than 2 SBs for Jim Plunkett didn't make him elite.

Go to the Eli is Elite thread if you want to discuss that further

I do have an unhealthy hatred for the Giants, Ia dmit that but I guess that's bettert han you guys doing the same thing w/ the Jets who haven't won a SB since 1968.

I don't have a obsession over any team in the NFL, even my own. I can't and don't speak for anyone else.

again, how can you have multiple elite QBs and not multiple elite teams? how does that work? except of course for TB who wasn't elite despite winning a SB w/ one of the greatest D's of all time.

Perhaps you've missed my personal definition of what elite is. Here is my criteria:

1. You have to win a championship
2. Since and/or in between championships, you have to be a consistent good team. This includes records above .500 and ventures into the playoffs on an annual basis.

Elite QBs

1. Super Bowl winners
2. Be at the top of the league every year stats-wise

Your comment a few posts up

Then you say

Go to the Eli is Elite thread if you want to discuss that further

You said "Saying Eli Manning isn't elite isn't a fact based opinion". I posted facts, sorry to prove my point again.

You seem to want to take away credit from the Jets at every turn for some reason, that's a bit unhealthy.

1. TB won a championships
2. TB was in postseason 5 of 6 years from 1997-2002

so they fit your criteria

as far as Eli:

1. won a SB
2. he has not been at the top of league leaders stat wise except INTs on a somewhat consistent basis.

so therefore Eli is not elite, right?

You said "Saying Eli Manning isn't elite isn't a fact based opinion". I posted facts, sorry to prove my point again.

You aren't proving anything to me. There can't be proof when giving an opinion.

You seem to want to take away credit from the Jets at every turn for some reason, that's a bit unhealthy.

You're a complete nuisance with this conversation. I've given the Jets full credit for getting to the AFC Title Game two years straight. Unlike what everyone else here likes to harp on with the Colts this, the refs that, blah blah blah. You have to win the games no matter what the circumstances. They get FULL credit from me for advancing where they did.

That said, they or ANY team who did what they did ARE NOT ELITE.

1. TB won a championships
2. TB was in postseason 5 of 6 years from 1997-2002
so they fit your criteria

I don't get why you now want the Bucs to be considered elite. We're supposed to be talking about who is elite now. If you want to talk about 2002, fine.

If Tampa Bay was elite in 2002, then why go 23-25 the next 3 years?

You aren't proving anything to me. There can't be proof when giving an opinion.

You're a complete nuisance with this conversation. I've given the Jets full credit for getting to the AFC Title Game two years straight. Unlike what everyone else here likes to harp on with the Colts this, the refs that, blah blah blah. You have to win the games no matter what the circumstances. They get FULL credit from me for advancing where they did.

That said, they or ANY team who did what they did ARE NOT ELITE.

I don't get why you now want the Bucs to be considered elite. We're supposed to be talking about who is elite now. If you want to talk about 2002, fine.

If Tampa Bay was elite in 2002, then why go 23-25 the next 3 years?

The facts say otherwise.

They get credit for that but not for being one of the best teams in the league.

You said if you win a SB you are elite but noe you say TB wasn't elite even though they were a MUCH better team than the Giants last year(and '07). 2002 was the culmination for TB, they took years to climb the Mountain(which hopefully the Jets are doing now) and after they won they fell off. (and they did make the playoffs in '05 & '07 winning 2 div titles)

The facts say otherwise.

They get credit for that but not for being one of the best teams in the league.

The Jets aren't one of the best teams in the league.

You said if you win a SB you are elite but noe you say TB wasn't elite even though they were a MUCH better team than the Giants last year(and '07). 2002 was the culmination for TB, they took years to climb the Mountain(which hopefully the Jets are doing now) and after they won they fell off. (and they did make the playoffs in '05 & '07 winning 2 div titles)

Yeah let's compare a team from 2002 and 2007 b/c there's a guaranteed way to know who is better.

The Jets aren't one of the best teams in the league.

Yeah let's compare a team from 2002 and 2007 b/c there's a guaranteed way to know who is better.

The Jets have been one of the best teams in the league under Rex, an elite team.

The 2002 Bucs didn't go 9-7 or 10-6 and they had one of the greatest D's in the history of the game right there w/ Chi '85 and Bal '00. That Buc team was MUCH better than either of the Giant SB teams this past decade.

The Jets have been one of the best teams in the league under Rex, an elite team.

Nope

The 2002 Bucs didn't go 9-7 or 10-6 and they had one of the greatest D's in the history of the game right there w/ Chi '85 and Bal '00. That Buc team was MUCH better than either of the Giant SB teams this past decade.

I don't give enough of a **** to talk about which Super Bowl team is better than another. Winning a ring is all that matters. You and I have no clue what it's like as fans to know how that feels.

Nope

I don't give enough of a **** to talk about which Super Bowl team is better than another. Winning a ring is all that matters. You and I have no clue what it's like as fans to know how that feels.

what does it matter whether we know waht it is like or not?

how is a team that has the most playoff wins and most title game apps not one of the best teams the last 3 seasons?

what does it matter whether we know waht it is like or not?

how is a team that has the most playoff wins and most title game apps not one of the best teams the last 3 seasons?

What about just last year? Or the last four years? Or the last five? Six? Seven? Eight? Nine? Ten? Are they elite in any of those numerical time periods?

There's nothing more to say to you regarding this topic, just like every other topic you rant about. You have your opinion on the subject and you will believe it until you're dead.

If you really don't know the answer to your own question, all you need to do is look throughout this thread. I've told you why the Jets aren't elite.

Back
Top Bottom