Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown

How do we know they were elite this year? we have to wait for the nxt 3-4-5 years to find that out, right?

This is the last time I'm going to say this.

"2. Since and/or in between championships, you have to be a consistent good team. This includes records above .500 and ventures into the playoffs on an annual basis."

Since 2007 the Giants have been what I described above. You talk about the Jets being elite b/c they got to the ****ing AFCTG two straight years. The Giants are one of four teams (Indy, NE, Pitts - all of whom I've said are elite teams) to have multiple Super Bowl appearances since 2000.

That is elite.

as far as your edit: yes the Giants are elite, I am using your criteria. The Giants were elite when they won the SB 5 seasons ago, they weren't elite the 3 years after.

Playoffs makes a team "good" .. that's if they legitimately get in, consistently get in, and win once or twice when they're in. It certainly doesn't make them "elite." As a matter of fact, the way a team accesses the playoffs, i.e., whether they have done the heavy lifting themselves to have won their division also has a bearing on assessing how good a team is, as a "good" team doesn't depend on other teams to lose (one way or another) to make the post season. Backing In thanks to the failures of other teams, IMO creates "demerits" offsetting just how good a team is.

A very good team can make it to the Conference Title game and win it occasionally, thereby accessing the SB. A very good team is almost automatically one who is a Conference Champ who makes it to the SB at least 3X in maybe 12 years (once every 4 years).. but of course as the makeups of teams changes, maybe that's too a period to be a litmus test.

A truly and legitimately "Elite" team fulfills all of the above and actually will become the Champion of The World at least once, but preferably more than that, like The Giants, NE, and Pittsburgh.

Any more flexible, more forgiving self-defined interpretation of "Elite' is just conveniently what they call in my business "Form Fitting" manipulation of results to conform to the desired outcome.

as far as your edit: yes the Giants are elite, I am using your criteria. The Giants were elite when they won the SB 5 seasons ago, they weren't elite the 3 years after.

I'm finished talking with you on this. In post 112 I said the 2007 Giants were not elite. They are elite now that have won a second Super Bowl. They were not elite in 2008, 2009, or 2010. I've listed my criteria numerous times and if you're too much of a blind fool whose hatred for the Giants sways you in the opposite direction, that's all on you.

The Jets are not elite. The Giants are. The Patriots are. The Steelers are. The Packers are. All Super Bowl winners. All teams who consistently not only get to their conference's title games but hey, they actually win those and also the Super Bowl.

That is elite.

Enjoy talking to yourself in this thread from here on out.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Playoffs makes a team "good" .. that's if they legitimately get in, consistently get in, and win once or twice when they're in. It certainly doesn't make them "elite." As a matter of fact, the way a team accesses the playoffs, i.e., whether they have done the heavy lifting themselves to have won their division also has a bearing on assessing how good a team is, as a "good" team doesn't depend on other teams to lose (one way or another) to make the post season. Backing In thanks to the failures of other teams, IMO creates "demerits" offsetting just how good a team is.

A very good team can make it to the Conference Title game and win it occasionally, thereby accessing the SB. A very good team is almost automatically one who is a Conference Champ who makes it to the SB at least 3X in maybe 12 years (once every 4 years).. but of course as the makeups of teams changes, maybe that's too a period to be a litmus test.

A truly and legitimately "Elite" team fulfills all of the above and actually will become the Champion of The World at least once, but preferably more than that, like The Giants, NE, and Pittsburgh.

Any more flexible, more forgiving self-defined interpretation of "Elite' is just conveniently what they call in my business "Form Fitting" manipulation of results to conform to the desired outcome.

Elite teams aren't born in one year. Elite teams win first then sustain the next few years. Winning a SB one year then going 8-8, 7-9, and 7-9 the next doesn't make you elite. If you're elite, you wouldn't have gone 22-26 (all just examples).

This is the last time I'm going to say this.

"2. Since and/or in between championships, you have to be a consistent good team. This includes records above .500 and ventures into the playoffs on an annual basis."

Since 2007 the Giants have been what I described above. You talk about the Jets being elite b/c they got to the ****ing AFCTG two straight years. The Giants are one of four teams (Indy, NE, Pitts - all of whom I've said are elite teams) to have multiple Super Bowl appearances since 2000.

That is elite.

but the 3 years after the Ginats won the SB they missed the playoffs, under YOUR criteria that's not elite.

I'm finished talking with you on this. In post 112 I said the 2007 Giants were not elite. They are elite now that have won a second Super Bowl. They were not elite in 2008, 2009, or 2010. I've listed my criteria numerous times and if you're too much of a blind fool whose hatred for the Giants sways you in the opposite direction, that's all on you.

The Jets are not elite. The Giants are. The Patriots are. The Steelers are. The Packers are. All Super Bowl winners. All teams who consistently not only get to their conference's title games but hey, they actually win those and also the Super Bowl.

That is elite.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Elite teams aren't born in one year. Elite teams win first then sustain the next few years. Winning a SB one year then going 8-8, 7-9, and 7-9 the next doesn't make you elite. If you're elite, you wouldn't have gone 22-26 (all just examples).

The packers haven't won a playoff game since their SB title year, how is that elite? they have zero playoff wins from 2008-2011 outside of the SB run. Again, I'm just using your criteria.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

The New York Giants are now elite. It's fun isn't it?

The '07 and '11 teams were very different, the 3 years after the '07 title they made 1 postseason and won zero postseason games so using your criteria they shouldn't be elite.

That is elite.

I absolutely acknowledged that there's gotta be some consistency including a team theoretically having a 1/32 chance of making the SB at season's start (3% probability) yet is able to return every 4 years or so. But no doubt, winning a SB is a long step toward's ultimate elitism. It's like the highest score you can get where nothing else comes close, but a single time racking up that score is not enough.

The packers haven't won a playoff game since their SB title year, how is that elite? they have zero playoff wins from 2008-2011 outside of the SB run. Again, I'm just using your criteria.

You're right. Green Bay isn't elite. Having a record setting QB, numerous WRs over 1,000 yds, scoring off the charts, having the best record in the conference, going 36-12 the last 3 years, it all means nothing.

You criticize my criteria yet according to you, with the Jets being elite, there'd be 10 elite teams in the NFL.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

I absolutely acknowledged that there's gotta be some consistency including a team theoretically having a 1/32 chance of making the SB at season's start (3% probability) yet is able to return every 4 years or so. But no doubt, winning a SB is a long step toward's ultimate elitism. It's like the highest score you can get where nothing else comes close, but a single time racking up that score is not enough.

Don't tell him that though. The 28-20 over the last 3 year New York Jets are elite b/c of the reasons he's listed 12,000 times over the last year. Completely logical.

You're right. Green Bay isn't elite. Having a record setting QB, numerous WRs over 1,000 yds, scoring off the charts, having the best record in the conference, going 36-12 the last 3 years, it all means nothing.

You criticize my criteria yet according to you, with the Jets being elite, there'd be 10 elite teams in the NFL.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Don't tell him that though. The 28-20 over the last 3 year New York Jets are elite b/c of the reasons he's listed 12,000 times over the last year. Completely logical.

so regular season record counts? how can the 9-7 Giants be considered elite then?

elite teams according to myself over the past few years:

AFC elite: NYJ, NE, Pitt, Bal
NFC elite: NO, GB, NYG

so regular season record counts? how can the 9-7 Giants be considered elite then?

:lol:

And yet the Jets are the only team out of those 6 others who haven't won a Super Bowl in 40 years.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Of course the regular season counts nitwit. How else are the playoffs determined?

:lol:

And yet the Jets are the only team out of those 6 others who haven't won a Super Bowl in 40 years.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Of course the regular season counts nitwit. How else are the playoffs determined?

Here you go deflecting AGAIN, we are discussing the last few years not 1968.

Nitwit? now you are resorting to childish name calling b/c of your flip flopping and deflections? You are better than that.

The Bills are the one exception I think. Getting to the SB four straight years is something unheard of. Yeah they choked it all away but still it's a remarkable achievement. If anything they were AFC-elite. It's the one exception out of all of the examples we could discuss.

I think that that was because the conferences were very different from the 1980s through most of the 1990s. The AFC played a more wide open offensive style with less emphasis on defense than the NFC did. The NFC teams were simply bigger, badder, and better than the AFC teams; they won a long string of Super Bowls during that time, and it wasn't until the very end of his career, when the salary cap started eroding the ability of teams to build dynasties like they had, that Elway won his SBs. With the salary cap, there's been more parity between the conferences, although recently (since the last Pats' victory) that hasn't been so in the SB.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ---------

What about when Junc says the Jets have been one of the best AFC teams since 2000? See my post #77 for details

That's nonsense. The Jests are NOT and have NOT been anywhere near as good as the Pats (3 SBs), Stillers (2 SBs), Indy (1 SB), and Baltimore (1 SB). All of those teams have had more playoff seasons that the Jests since 2000, and they've all managed to win their divisions at least once, something that the Jests have failed to do. The Jests are no better than #5, and that might be debatable, which doesn't even put them in the top 25% of the 16 AFC teams.

Here you go deflecting AGAIN, we are discussing the last few years not 1968.

Nitwit? now you are resorting to childish name calling b/c of your flip flopping and deflections? You are better than that.

All of those teams have been to and won Super Bowls since 2000. Seeing as that is only 12 years ago, what's your excuse now? The Jets aren't even close to being in that group of teams you mentioned.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

That's nonsense. The Jests are NOT and have NOT been anywhere near as good as the Pats (3 SBs), Stillers (2 SBs), Indy (1 SB), and Baltimore (1 SB). All of those teams have had more playoff seasons that the Jests since 2000, and they've all managed to win their divisions at least once, something that the Jests have failed to do. The Jests are no better than #5, and that might be debatable, which doesn't even put them in the top 25% of the 16 AFC teams.

Of course it's nonsense. Look at this entire thread and tell me it makes sense. Putting the Jets in the same category as the other AFC teams who have won Super Bowls the last 12 years shouldn't be something that he'd do. He did it anyway :lol:

I think that that was because the conferences were very different from the 1980s through most of the 1990s. The AFC played a more wide open offensive style with less emphasis on defense than the NFC did. The NFC teams were simply bigger, badder, and better than the AFC teams; they won a long string of Super Bowls during that time, and it wasn't until the very end of his career, when the salary cap started eroding the ability of teams to build dynasties like they had, that Elway won his SBs. With the salary cap, there's been more parity between the conferences, although recently (since the last Pats' victory) that hasn't been so in the SB.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ---------

I did not say one of the best, I aid one of the better. That's a huge difference, after the SB winning teams the Jets are right there w/ the Ravens ahead of teams like SD.

The Jets won the division in 2002. That's once, right? The ONLY AFC East team to win the AFC East in a season Brady was the Pats primary starter. if the Jets played in another division they'd have more div titles but the best team in the conf has been in our division.

All of those teams have been to and won Super Bowls since 2000. Seeing as that is only 12 years ago, what's your excuse now? The Jets aren't even close to being in that group of teams you mentioned.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Of course it's nonsense. Look at this entire thread and tell me it makes sense. Putting the Jets in the same category as the other AFC teams who have won Super Bowls the last 12 years shouldn't be something that he'd do. He did it anyway :lol:

It's sad how you deflect then even sadder how you post things I didn't say. I never said the Jets were one of the best since 2000. No one put the Jets in the same company as the SB teams of the last decade and you are criticizing the reading comprehension of others?:lol:

Back
Top Bottom