Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown

BangHeadonWall-1.gif

clear.gif

would you rather win a division title and lose your first playoff game or earn a WC and play for the right to represent your conference in the SB? advancing to the title game is MUCH better than winning your division and losing one and done in postseason. The jets have had better seasons than NE 2 of the last 3 years including 2010 where they beat up NE in the div rd on the road.

The fact that you would put the Jets below Philly, Atl and Bal is comical. B/c they each won a div title? 2 title game apps trumps 1 div title. Those 3 teams combined for 1 title game app, the Jets had double that amount.

My criteria for "elite" for the last three years is simple: win an average of 10 games a season, make the playoffs three times, win a divisional championship, and appear in the Super Bowl. That's NE, NO, and GB. Baltimore is NOT in the elite group because they have NOT made the Super Bowl in the last three years. Pittsburgh is NOT in the elite group because they did NOT make the playoffs all three years.

The Jests aren't even close to elite because they fail to meet any of the criteria. Case closed.

You want to quibble about the Eagles, fine. They aren't elite, either.

My criteria for "elite" for the last three years is simple: win an average of 10 games a season, make the playoffs three times, win a divisional championship, and appear in the Super Bowl. That's NE, NO, and GB. Baltimore is NOT in the elite group because they have NOT made the Super Bowl in the last three years. Pittsburgh is NOT in the elite group because they did NOT make the playoffs all three years.

The Jests aren't even close to elite because they fail to meet any of the criteria. Case closed.

yet we advanced further than NE and NO 2 of the last 3 years and GB only won more playoff games than us 1 of those 3 season.

NE is elite despite being one and done 2 of the 3 years and the Jets are not despite reaching 2 title games in 3 years including beating up NE? I love the logic.

NE is elite despite being one and done 2 of the 3 years and the Jets are not despite reaching 2 title games in 3 years including beating up NE? I love the logic.
Yes NE is elite. Even if they have less playoff wins in the last three years. They did what the Jets couldn't do in those three years, and that is make the Super Bowl.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Yes NE is elite. Even if they have less playoff wins in the last three years. They did what the Jets couldn't do in those three years, and that is make the Super Bowl.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I agree NE is elite but the team that has advanced further than them 2 of the last 3 years and BEAT them in Foxboro in the div rd is also elite.

Yes they are, surely they fit into one of your 35 ever changing definitions of elite.

It's fine that you are upset that none of us agree the Jets are or ever have been elite. Accusing me of now changing my definition of elite 35 times is fine too. I haven't done that but it's your way to make me look bad because I don't agree with you which is also fine.

The fact that you would put the Jets below Philly, Atl and Bal is comical. B/c they each won a div title? 2 title game apps trumps 1 div title. Those 3 teams combined for 1 title game app, the Jets had double that amount.

I've never seen someone so astronomically thrilled that their team went to the AFCCG twice and lost both times. If this was SteelersHeaven, or PatriotsHeaven, you'd get laughed out of the place.

Lucky for you the Dolphins have been worse than the Jets for a while now

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

So a Super Bowl winner finishes more elite than the other elite teams in the league at the time? I can't see a team being elite without winning a championship in any sport

It's fine that you are upset that none of us agree the Jets are or ever have been elite. Accusing me of now changing my definition of elite 35 times is fine too. I haven't done that but it's your way to make me look bad because I don't agree with you which is also fine.

you are doing a fine job making yourself look bad w/ all the flip flopping.

It's ok not to agree w/ me, I don't expect many people to agree w/ me.

I've never seen someone so astronomically thrilled that their team went to the AFCCG twice and lost both times. If this was SteelersHeaven, or PatriotsHeaven, you'd get laughed out of the place.

Lucky for you the Dolphins have been worse than the Jets for a while now

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

So a Super Bowl winner finishes more elite than the other elite teams in the league at the time? I can't see a team being elite without winning a championship in any sport

Luckily this is finheaven where you guys haven't been to a title game in 20 years so you'd think you would have a better appreciation but I guess you are satisfied w/ not winning a playoff game in 12 years.

SB champs win the SB, elite teams are the top teams in the sport. The Jets have been a top team under rex(I know, since 1969 we've done nothing blah, blah, blah)

you are doing a fine job making yourself look bad w/ all the flip flopping.

It's ok not to agree w/ me, I don't expect many people to agree w/ me.

I haven't done any of what you're saying. You can bring up Tampa Bay and Baltimore all you want. They aren't elite now. The Jets aren't elite either.

Luckily this is finheaven where you guys haven't been to a title game in 20 years so you'd think you would have a better appreciation but I guess you are satisfied w/ not winning a playoff game in 12 years.

SB champs win the SB, elite teams are the top teams in the sport. The Jets have been a top team under rex(I know, since 1969 we've done nothing blah, blah, blah)

Satisfied or not what are we supposed to do as fans? Kill ourselves? I don't see a problem with people being optimistic here b/c what else is there? Life is short, might as well try and enjoy your team even if they suck.

I haven't done any of what you're saying. You can bring up Tampa Bay and Baltimore all you want. They aren't elite now. The Jets aren't elite either.

Satisfied or not what are we supposed to do as fans? Kill ourselves? I don't see a problem with people being optimistic here b/c what else is there? Life is short, might as well try and enjoy your team even if they suck.

You have and even after you clarified w/ your criteria you still flip flop.

Who said you shouldn't be optimistic?

So I should enjoy my team and their title game runs or I should be embarrassed for pointing them out? which is it?

You have and even after you clarified w/ your criteria you still flip flop.

Who said you shouldn't be optimistic?

So I should enjoy my team and their title game runs or I should be embarrassed for pointing them out? which is it?

The Jets aren't elite. There's no flopping on that.

You're complaining that people here make asinine statements about the Dolphins. Who cares? If they thought Chambers was one of the best WRs in the league, who cares?

so then we ca't call the Giants elite b/c they only won 9 reg season games in '11 and '10 in '07, right?

no team in the NFL has more playoff wins 2009-2011
They have more playoff wins than any AFC team(as many as NE and Pitt combined)
They have advanced to more title games than any team in the league

To me that's elite, when you do things no other teams have done in the league it's elite.

No. If they had only made the NFCC game, I would agree. But winning the Super Bowl 40% of time in 5 seasons changes things a bit.

Would you say that 7-9 Sea was a better team than NO in 2010 since they advanced further in the playoffs?

No. If they had only made the NFCC game, I would agree. But winning the Super Bowl 40% of time in 5 seasons changes things a bit.

Would you say that 7-9 Sea was a better team than NO in 2010 since they advanced further in the playoffs?

Head-to-head matchups are the best way to compare teams so in that regard I'd say Seattle was better.

since they BEAT NO yeah I would say they had a better overall year. obviously they weren't a better team but they beat them when it mattered most just like NYG beat GB last year or NYJ beat NE 2 years ago.

But that was one season, over the course of a few years you get a better picture than one season and one game.

Head-to-head matchups are the best way to compare teams so in that regard I'd say Seattle was better.

If you have multiple games to go on, I agree. But one game is not enough for me. There are always fluke games. I don't think KC was a better team than GB last year. I don't believe that Den is a better team than Pitt, and I don't believe Sea was better than NO.

since they BEAT NO yeah I would say they had a better overall year. obviously they weren't a better team but they beat them when it mattered most just like NYG beat GB last year or NYJ beat NE 2 years ago.

But that was one season, over the course of a few years you get a better picture than one season and one game.

Obviously, I would have to see the games and how the season played out, but even if Sea had a season like 2010 and made the playoffs and advanced 1 game further than a team like NO, or GB, if they had a 7-9 record, I would not consider them 1 of the best teams in the NFL.

For me to consider a team one of the best in the NFL, it has to have quality seasons year in and year out. I just don't feel you are one of the best teams if you have trouble winning 9 games 2 out of 3 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom