Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Show Interest In Ronnie Brown

I'm not you guys, I don't predict 12-4 and playoffs every year. I am realistic unlike Bills fans thinking they had a shot last year, Bills fans thinking mario Williams is Reggie White, dolphin fans telling me they will be a playoff tam every year. ICould Ronnie Brown still play? if he's healthy I'm sure he could but I wouldn't count on him.

To be fair Junc, you did try to tell me that the Jets were "elite" about 6 months ago near the end of the 2012 season. You then proceeded to argue your point when I explained that teams like The Packers, Steelers, and Pats are elite - the Jets clearly are not. So calling out Fins and Bills fans for blind optimism when you yourself have been guilty of it in the past is lame.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

To be fair Junc, you did try to tell me that the Jets were "elite" about 6 months ago near the end of the 2012 season. You then proceeded to argue your point when I explained that teams like The Packers, Steelers, and Pats are elite - the Jets clearly are not. So calling out Fins and Bills fans for blind optimism when you yourself have been guilty of it in the past is lame.

LOL - After reading the rest of this thread I see other posters have jumped all over that same point ;)

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

LOL - After reading the rest of this thread I see other posters have jumped all over that same point ;)

The Jets have been an elite team overall the past 3 years, they were not this past season though at times it looked like they might be.

I am a realist, if my team is bad I will say so and if they are good I will say so. We were bad in 2011 but overall under rex we have been an elite team.

How can a team not be elite over the past 3 seasons when:

-They lead the LEAGUE in title game apps, they are the ONLY team to reach more than 1 in that span.
-They are tied for the league lead in playoff wins
-They lead the AFC in playoff wins, they have 4, Bal has 3 and Pitt/NE/Indy have 2 so outside of Bal they have double the playoff wins of the next bext teams. How is this not elite?

14 pages about Ronnie Brown.

You dudes need to write your companies a check for the money you been stealing wasting so much time in this thread.

Find hobbies.

Meet ladies.

Stop yapping about Ronnie effing Brown.

Here you go deflecting AGAIN, we are discussing the last few years not 1968.

Seeing as how the Jets haven't won it since 1968, those "last few years" you mention still hold the same fact. They haven't won it in 2008, 2009, 2010, or 2011. All "the last few years".

It's amusingly simple

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

14 pages about Ronnie Brown.

You dudes need to write your companies a check for the money you been stealing wasting so much time in this thread.

Find hobbies.

Meet ladies.

Stop yapping about Ronnie effing Brown.

I wish the chat was about Ronnie Brown. Not going to pay attention to your other comments seeing as how they're cliche and untrue.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

The Jets have been an elite team overall the past 3 years, they were not this past season though at times it looked like they might be.

I am a realist, if my team is bad I will say so and if they are good I will say so. We were bad in 2011 but overall under rex we have been an elite team.

-They lead the LEAGUE in title game apps, they are the ONLY team to reach more than 1 in that span.
-They lead the AFC in playoff wins, they have 4, Bal has 3 and Pitt/NE/Indy have 2 so outside of Bal they have double the playoff wins of the next bext teams. How is this not elite?

They also lead the league in AFCTG losses. No title = not elite in any sport

Seeing as how the Jets haven't won it since 1968, those "last few years" you mention still hold the same fact. They haven't won it in 2008, 2009, 2010, or 2011. All "the last few years".

It's amusingly simple

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

I wish the chat was about Ronnie Brown. Not going to pay attention to your other comments seeing as how they're cliche and untrue.

Haven't won a SB but have been elite under Rex.

no title=not elite but you can only be elite if you win a title then have good regular seasons for the next 3-4 years.

for QBs as long as you win a SB you are elite.

Got it

Haven't won a SB but have been elite under Rex.

no title=not elite but you can only be elite if you win a title then have good regular seasons for the next 3-4 years.

for QBs as long as you win a SB you are elite.

Got it

Your definition of elite is having a team not go to the Super Bowl yet are elite. And you're criticizing my view of what elite is?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

I did not say one of the best, I aid one of the better. That's a huge difference, after the SB winning teams the Jets are right there w/ the Ravens ahead of teams like SD.

One of the best....one of the better....what's the god damn difference? They aren't on the level of the other elite teams you yourself listed.

Your definition of elite is having a team not go to the Super Bowl yet are elite. And you're criticizing my view of what elite is?

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

One of the best....one of the better....what's the god damn difference? They aren't on the level of the other elite teams you yourself listed.

The elite teams are the best teams in the league, being one of the last 4 teams playing means you are one of the best teams in the league and my definition of elite is consistent at least unlike yours.

One of the best means the top few teams, one of the better means one of the top half teams. Over the last decade they are not on the level of NE, Pitt, Ind but they are on the level of Bal and SD which would be the next group of teams and one of the better teams in the AFC.

The elite teams are the best teams in the league, being one of the last 4 teams playing means you are one of the best teams in the league and my definition of elite is consistent at least unlike yours.

One of the best means the top few teams, one of the better means one of the top half teams. Over the last decade they are not on the level of NE, Pitt, Ind but they are on the level of Bal and SD which would be the next group of teams and one of the better teams in the AFC.

Baltimore and San Diego aren't elite so yes you're correct on that.

5vrqlu-1.jpg

Baltimore and San Diego aren't elite so yes you're correct on that.

follow along, I never called them or the Jets elite over the last decade. Got it. The Jets and ravens are elite teams over the past 3-4 seasons though.

follow along, I never called them or the Jets elite over the last decade. Got it. The Jets and ravens are elite teams over the past 3-4 seasons though.

The Jets aren't elite in the last 3 years either. Or any number of years from last year and back to their inaugural year. They've never been elite.

I understand where you are coming from, and I think that the word elite is often used in the way that you use it, which is to describe the best teams year in and year out. Used that way, I think it is OK when teams are called elite even though they have not yet won a super bowl. Take the 2000 to 2004 Philadelphia Eagles for example. They made the playoffs 5 out of 5 seasons and went to the Conference Championship game 4 out of 5 of those seasons. Even though they did not win the Super Bowl they were competing year in and year out during that time and could be considered one of the best (elite) teams in the NFL during that time. Even though elite is often used that way, I don't think that it is correct to call a team that has not won a Super Bowl in a specific time frame elite.

For argument sake, I will use elite to describe one of the best teams like you are doing. Even doing so, I still don't think the Jets qualify as elite. For me to consider a team one of the best in the NFL, there is more to it than just making the playoffs / playoff wins. You must have quality regular seasons and compete for a division title. The reason I don't consider the Jets one of the best teams these past 3 years is because they have not done that. One of the best teams in the NFL don't struggle to win 9 games 2 out of 3 seasons. Bal has won 11 or more games 3 out of 4 seasons and has a division title to go along with their 2 AFCC game losses, so I can see how you can consider them as 1 of the best teams these past 4 years, but the Jets?

mea culpa. The Jests did win one divisional title since 2000.

Over the last 3 years:
NE 37 wins, .771, 3 division championships, 1 SB loss
NO 37 wins, .771, 2 division championships, 1 WC, 1 SB win
GB 36 wins, .750, 1 division championship, 2 WC, 1 SB win
Baltimore 33 wins, .688, 1 division championship, 2 WC
Indianapolis 26 wins, .542, 2 division championships, 1 SB loss
Pittsburgh 33 wins, .688, 1 division championship, 1 WC, 1 SB loss
Atlanta 32 wins, .667, 1 division championship, 1 WC
Philadelphia 29 wins, .604, 1 division championship, 1 WC
NYG 27 wins, .563, 1 division championship, 1 WC, 1 SB win
NYJ 28 wins, .583, 2 WC​

red = elite blue = near elite bold = SB teams

The Jests did NOT win their division even once.
The Jests did NOT make the playoffs all three years.
The Jests did NOT appear in a Super Bowl.

You can spin whatever time period you want, but the fact is whether you do 2000-2011 or 2009-2011, the Jets have NOT been elite. They are NOT even good enough to lose a Super Bowl because they haven't been good enough to get into a Super Bowl in 40+ years.

Over the last 3 years:
NYJ 28 wins**, .583, 2 WC​

You can spin whatever time period you want, but the fact is whether you do 2000-2011 or 2009-2011, the Jets have NOT been elite. They are NOT even good enough to lose a Super Bowl because they haven't been good enough to get into a Super Bowl in 40+ years.

hope you don't mind, fixed it a tad
**Includes 2 essentially uncontested 2009 late season "wins" in which opposing playoff-guaranteed teams determined it was in their best interests to rest and protect their starters mid-way through in lieu of gaining meaningless victories.

The Jets aren't elite in the last 3 years either. Or any number of years from last year and back to their inaugural year. They've never been elite.

Yes they are, surely they fit into one of your 35 ever changing definitions of elite?

I understand where you are coming from, and I think that the word elite is often used in the way that you use it, which is to describe the best teams year in and year out. Used that way, I think it is OK when teams are called elite even though they have not yet won a super bowl. Take the 2000 to 2004 Philadelphia Eagles for example. They made the playoffs 5 out of 5 seasons and went to the Conference Championship game 4 out of 5 of those seasons. Even though they did not win the Super Bowl they were competing year in and year out during that time and could be considered one of the best (elite) teams in the NFL during that time. Even though elite is often used that way, I don't think that it is correct to call a team that has not won a Super Bowl in a specific time frame elite.

For argument sake, I will use elite to describe one of the best teams like you are doing. Even doing so, I still don't think the Jets qualify as elite. For me to consider a team one of the best in the NFL, there is more to it than just making the playoffs / playoff wins. You must have quality regular seasons and compete for a division title. The reason I don't consider the Jets one of the best teams these past 3 years is because they have not done that. One of the best teams in the NFL don't struggle to win 9 games 2 out of 3 seasons. Bal has won 11 or more games 3 out of 4 seasons and has a division title to go along with their 2 AFCC game losses, so I can see how you can consider them as 1 of the best teams these past 4 years, but the Jets?

so then we ca't call the Giants elite b/c they only won 9 reg season games in '11 and '10 in '07, right?

no team in the NFL has more playoff wins 2009-2011
They have more playoff wins than any AFC team(as many as NE and Pitt combined)
They have advanced to more title games than any team in the league

To me that's elite, when you do things no other teams have done in the league it's elite.

Over the last 3 years:
NYJ 28 wins, .583, 2 WC​

would you rather win a division title and lose your first playoff game or earn a WC and play for the right to represent your conference in the SB? advancing to the title game is MUCH better than winning your division and losing one and done in postseason. The jets have had better seasons than NE 2 of the last 3 years including 2010 where they beat up NE in the div rd on the road.

The fact that you would put the Jets below Philly, Atl and Bal is comical. B/c they each won a div title? 2 title game apps trumps 1 div title. Those 3 teams combined for 1 title game app, the Jets had double that amount.

Back
Top Bottom