Jim Brown on Ricky Williams | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Brown on Ricky Williams

Ricky Williams stated himself that he needs 15 carries before he starts to become effective, and with the rep of him being stronger as the game gets longer re enforces his statement. Therefore all these Ricky/Ronnie 1-2 punch ideas don't hold water. Ricky is not the kinda RB that can share the starting job and carries with another RB.

Here's my opinion, if he comes back he will be the starter with Brown behind him. With whatever the results are, by week six (trade deadline) he will be traded and the Fins will get whatever they can (4th?) for him.
This way Miami can showcase Ricky as a solid RB get value for him and end this thing once and for all and Ronnie Brown becomes the staring RB.
Just a thought.

EDIT: Dam he'll have to serve a 4 game suspension if he comes back so that shoots my idea all to hell.

IF RW came back he would have to re-negotiate a contract more becoming of a backup. He complained about being overused, so give him 5-10 carries a game and pay him accordingly. He would be benched on passing downs anyway, because Brown is a much better receiver.

Ricky wouldn't want too come back just to be traded. Right now, we couldn't get scrap metal for him. Saban would love for him to come back. Have a great year, then trade him for a draft pick for next year. MIght happen......

I don't care if Ricky rushes for 5000 yards, you don't run out on your team. THIS GUY DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE A DOLPHIN.

Hummer23 said:
I will never be able to forgive Ricky for what he did

yeah right, The first type he breaks a 50 yarder and takes it to the house you will be the first ones in line to buy another one of his jerseys. If the guy was just a plain butthead and did this it would be hard for me to overlook this but, ricky has real medical issues. You have to take his actions with a grain of salt.

Ross said:
Dude who is going to trade for him if he flakes out or doesn't perform?

That's why I said, "When the Time Is Right". That could be when he commits to the team (if he does), that could be IF he performs well(if he does), or we can wait for offers.

"WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT".

Dono

Back
Top Bottom