Jim Caldwell Expected To Join Dolphins Staff | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Caldwell Expected To Join Dolphins Staff

I was reading the nfl.com article on this where it mentioned Flores would be "defacto defensive coordinator". They may just be speculating but not sure how i feel about that after Gase and his OC duties.
I'm fine with it if he doesn't completely ignore the offense like Gase ignored the defense.

I will give Flores credit here. Regardless of how Caldwell is as a playcaller, its a great thing for a young coach to hire experienced coordinators with previous HC experience as they can provide a great sounding board as they learn on the job, and also provide additional leadership and organizational expertise.

Anthony Lynn hired both an OC and DC with previous HC experience and it looks like it benefited him greatly.

This is a good hire. Be willing to bet Jim Bob comes with him if Caldwell isn’t calling plays. Wonder if Bielma could be an associate HC on the defensive side and they bring in a young guy as well. I’m not crazy about this many hands in the pot if this is the plan.

I think Caldwell is underrated and it definitely makes me feel better if he's part of the staff, though im still far from sold on Flores.

My biggest concern however is getting experienced playcallers on both sides of the ball. If Caldwell isn't going to call the plays I still want to see someone hired who has experience doing so at this level.
I don't get how you can say that Caldwell is an underrated coach. He was successful in Indy his first two years, but you want to know why? Just like our former overrated HC, he had Peyton Manning. He goes to Detroit and except for his 1st year(11-5 which IMO was an aberration)is the definition of mediocrity and after 4 years they got rid of him. Didn't we just get rid of a HC for the exact same reason? I don't see this hire as anything special.

I don't get how you can say that Caldwell is an underrated coach. He was successful in Indy his first two years, but you want to know why? Just like our former overrated HC, he had Peyton Manning. He goes to Detroit and except for his 1st year(11-5 which IMO was an aberration)is the definition of mediocrity and after 4 years they got rid of him. Didn't we just get rid of a HC for the exact same reason? I don't see this hire as anything special.

Let me just save you the time and let everyone know what all your posts will be for the next year.

You hate it.

Cool, now we all have extra time on our hands.

Yah, but Detroit was mediocre before him and has continued to be since. I don't think he was a great coach, I just think a lot of people gave him too much hate. I think he was a middle of the road head coach which is a good hire typically as a coordinator.

Let me just save you the time and let everyone know what all your posts will be for the next year.

You hate it.

Cool, now we all have extra time on our hands.
Man, you really need to grow up. I never said I hated it. I just said that I thought it was not anything special.:shrug:

I’m all for bringing in some experienced leadership to help Flores out. Everyone thinks this is gonna be doom and gloom and I have a feeling this is going to work out much better than any of us expect.

I mean think about it, we’ve done the whole “go out and get the hotshot candidate” approach. Got us nowhere. Philbin and Gase both turned out to be girly men afraid of having Alpha’s on the team.

Flores will welcome the alpha’s with open arms and keep them in check.

Don't worry about Finheaven's crusty brigade that only thrives only negativity.

If your not all about going 0-16 for the next 3 seasons, your opinions aren't worth having it seems.

As opposed to the apologists who have tore down every nay sayer for 7 long years.

Everything is speculation at this point. I think Flores is a little busy preparing for the Super Bowl to be worrying about hiring assistants at this point.

I was reading the nfl.com article on this where it mentioned Flores would be "defacto defensive coordinator". They may just be speculating but not sure how i feel about that after Gase and his OC duties.
If we're referring to the same article then it's talking about his current role.

"Flores, the New England linebackers coach and de facto defensive coordinator, is expected to be named the Dolphins next head coach once the Patriots' postseason run ends."

As opposed to the apologists who have tore down every nay sayer for 7 long years.

What is their to apologize about?

We were 7-9 in a year in which we were decimated by injuries and projected to have a top 5 pick by a large majority of the national pundits.

When did we become this complete disgrace that needed to go 0-16 to have a chance?

We missed the playoffs because of our OL, DL and corners. Too much attention being paid to the QB and Coach.

Back
Top Bottom