Jim Caldwell Expected To Join Dolphins Staff | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Caldwell Expected To Join Dolphins Staff

I don't get how you can say that Caldwell is an underrated coach. He was successful in Indy his first two years, but you want to know why? Just like our former overrated HC, he had Peyton Manning. He goes to Detroit and except for his 1st year(11-5 which IMO was an aberration)is the definition of mediocrity and after 4 years they got rid of him. Didn't we just get rid of a HC for the exact same reason? I don't see this hire as anything special.
2 Super Bowls as the OC of two different teams. A Super Bowl as HC of a 17-1 team. Got the Lions to the playoffs 2 of the 4 years he was HC. But somehow he isn’t good enough to be the OC or AHC for the Dolphins?

Caldwell has done some good things as a coach, and some bad things.

If you give him the right personnel, I think he's fine. But after what he did with the 2013 Ravens, I'm a little leery of bringing him in and asking him to build an offense from the ground up with substandard personnel.

We'll see how it goes. I just hope that if he flames out, Flores is willing to can him. I would hope that we would be out there looking at other candidates. Gary Kubiak is available and accepting job interviews. Darrell Bevell - I know not the most popular name - is also available. Talk to them before you finalize anything. Scout it out.

Caldwell has done some good things as a coach, and some bad things.

If you give him the right personnel, I think he's fine. But after what he did with the 2013 Ravens, I'm a little leery of bringing him in and asking him to build an offense from the ground up with substandard personnel.

We'll see how it goes. I just hope that if he flames out, Flores is willing to can him. I would hope that we would be out there looking at other candidates. Gary Kubiak is available and accepting job interviews. Darrell Bevell - I know not the most popular name - is also available. Talk to them before you finalize anything. Scout it out.

Well to be fair didnt the report say AHC? I must have missed it if it read he was in charge of the offense

Well to be fair didnt the report say AHC? I must have missed it if it read he was in charge of the offense

Oh, my mistake, what I had previously heard was OC. That's a little odd, but whatever. Hope we will shop around and look at some OCs that are on the market right now who have experience.

Oh, my mistake, what I had previously heard was OC. That's a little odd, but whatever. Hope we will shop around and look at some OCs that are on the market right now who have experience.

You aren't wrong. I believe the report a couple of days ago suggested OC. The one I can came across today (granted I didn't read the entire article if there was one, I think I just saw a tweet) said it was for a AHC/advisor role

Reports vary on his role. If he’s AHC I’m betting he pushes for Jim Bob.

What is their to apologize about?

We were 7-9 in a year in which we were decimated by injuries and projected to have a top 5 pick by a large majority of the national pundits.

When did we become this complete disgrace that needed to go 0-16 to have a chance?

We missed the playoffs because of our OL, DL and corners. Too much attention being paid to the QB and Coach.

The oline because Gase and many others thought dumpster diving for Guards was acceptable. Or moving a Center who played his best football this year. While bringing in a bunch of 30 plus year old vets, who couldn't make it 16 games.....never mind get out of the first quarter of the season.

As for the injuries excuse. It's a FH talking point that is mocked nationally, because every team has to deal with injuries.

As for the national pundits....conventional wisdom is lazy.

Caldwell is in place as a "consultant" type -- I hope to help mentor a young high IQ

O wizzer we import for college... That would make me very happy!

What is their to apologize about?

We were 7-9 in a year in which we were decimated by injuries and projected to have a top 5 pick by a large majority of the national pundits.

When did we become this complete disgrace that needed to go 0-16 to have a chance?

We missed the playoffs because of our OL, DL and corners. Too much attention being paid to the QB and Coach.

As for Tannehill, only the loyalists will continue to shift blame. The Gase loyalists, are just the latest incarnation or extension of the Tannehill Miami Mediocre Sound Machine.

Those two men are the biggest frauds Davie has put before this fanbase since Cam Cameron in 07 or Chad Pennington in 2008.

Back
Top Bottom