Jim Caldwell fully healthy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Caldwell fully healthy

NFL Coaching contracts are automatically voided if the coach takes a job at a higher level than the one he currently maintains.

...and no front office could attract rising candidates if this was not so.

I mean wouldn’t he return to the Dolphins staff, since he had a contract with MIA?

Teams don't normally restrict an assistant coach from taking a job elesewhere that would equal a promotion. You see assistant coaches leave teams all the time to take head coaching or coordinator jobs.

Just imagining Caldwell and Fitz swapping stories in the locker room To the puzzled looks on the young roster, don't worry son before you were born.

Ps - glad to see him healthy again and would welcome him back as not only a QB mentor but also as the aim before with his experience to give Flo some advice if asked.

Good to hear he's healthy. Jim's a good coach as evidenced by two Super Bowl rings and getting the lowly Lions to the playoffs twice in his 4 years there. I'm hoping he stays on Miami's staff as he would be a tremendous asset to Flores and he and Fitzpatrick mentoring a young QB is a good thing.

I think Jim Caldwell doesn't get the respect he deserves because of having coached Peyton Manning.

It is like the opposite affect of Gase. Gase only looked great because of Manning but isn't a good coach. While Caldwell is claimed to have only looked good because of Manning but has been a good coach without him.

Don't want to bring up the race card but it is tempting.

Teams don't normally restrict an assistant coach from taking a job elesewhere that would equal a promotion. You see assistant coaches leave teams all the time to take head coaching or coordinator jobs.

right, I get that.... so he could surely leave. I’m not sure how he has made himself an attractive candidate since he didn’t coach this year. It’s not like he has engineered one of the leauge’s top offenses or something.

Although the way the NFL recycles prior head coaches..

i'm not really sure why we need to introduce jim caldwell into the mix at this point, and i think privately our staff would tell you the same thing.

i'm not really sure why we need to introduce jim caldwell into the mix at this point, and i think privately our staff would tell you the same thing.

maybe he could work with Rosen? More time than the other coaches can since the other coaches took on more responsibility when he took the leave.

I think Jim Caldwell doesn't get the respect he deserves because of having coached Peyton Manning.

It is like the opposite affect of Gase. Gase only looked great because of Manning but isn't a good coach. While Caldwell is claimed to have only looked good because of Manning but has been a good coach without him.

Don't want to bring up the race card but it is tempting.

I agree.

The Ravens won that super bowl in no small part because of what Caldwell did with Flacco.

He made a major difference in that offense.

This place is weird, I'd welcome him back with open arms. We have so many smart people on here I'm really surprised many of them aren't on NFL coaching staffs or in front offices :rolleyes:.

Back
Top Bottom