JLC Says Flores is on the Hot Seat? Ok People We Need To Take A Stand | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JLC Says Flores is on the Hot Seat? Ok People We Need To Take A Stand

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

As Tua goes, so goes Flores and Grier...

If Tua turns out to be a good QB. Flores will be here for the next 5-7 years...comfortably. If Tua is only moderately better than this past season...I can see "changes".

Now I wait patiently...

3637d6b1e605cdebe855f884cd282b64.jpg

He’s isn’t saying that Flores is in the hot seat, he is saying that he could be if we have a bad season. Flores has found a way to win in Miami which is why no one talks about the blunders much (constant coaching turnaround, flip flopping QBs, Minkah situation, stills situation and not to mention all the players cut or traded after one year but I think that’s more on Grier who knows) but if the wining doesn’t continue I can see all this stuff resurfaced. I do think that if we don’t make the playoffs in the next 2 years he’s gone along with Grier
Very true. Good post

He’s isn’t saying that Flores is in the hot seat, he is saying that he could be if we have a bad season. Flores has found a way to win in Miami which is why no one talks about the blunders much (constant coaching turnaround, flip flopping QBs, Minkah situation, stills situation and not to mention all the players cut or traded after one year but I think that’s more on Grier who knows) but if the wining doesn’t continue I can see all this stuff resurfaced. I do think that if we don’t make the playoffs in the next 2 years he’s gone along with Grier
Righhhttttt because ANY coach having a bad season isn’t more likely to be on the hot seat. Just Flores?

I'm afraid I disagree with Jason that Flores is on the hot seat if things go poorly. I love our off-season additions, and I have confidence that Tua will improve. However, as pointed out before, the Dolphins haven't posted back-to-back 10+ win seasons since 2001. That's 20 years! In addition, I believe our schedule will be tough, and even though we have improved and will be competitive, we may lose some close games this year. Of course, I want to see us make the playoffs, but we are a young team, and we may be one of those that are better than our record until we learn to win against the big boys. So to me, it's not necessarily about our record. I am looking for other things like how well our players are coached and if we see guys develop from year to year. To that end, so far, I am pleased, and I think Ross and Grier are too.

P.S. If we do manage to post a 10+ win season this year, I will be ecstatic! I can't wait to see us regain our status as one of the dominant teams. Until then, it's still great being a Dolphin fan...Cheers!

It seems that so many people have gained a higher passion for pushing their opinion and less passion for their team. I I remember not to long ago that a negative report about a beloved member of the Dolphins would have incited a riot.....

Bunch of pansies we're becoming in this new "that offends me" world. Fight on @Fin-Loco ... I'm with ya!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

As Tua goes, so goes Flores and Grier...

If Tua turns out to be a good QB. Flores will be here for the next 5-7 years...comfortably. If Tua is only moderately better than this past season...I can see "changes".

Now I wait patiently...

3637d6b1e605cdebe855f884cd282b64.jpg
Wrong. Miami has the draft capital to either trade for Watson next year or trade up for a QB of their choice.

Wrong. Miami has the draft capital to either trade for Watson next year or trade up for a QB of their choice.
I agree, Flo is not "tied" to Tua. Grier may be, but even that I doubt, because I believe it was Ross that made the pick.

If that is true, firing Flo is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Good NFL HCs are very difficult to find. I don't think one guy/pick is the entire hingepoint.

I agree, Flo is not "tied" to Tua. Grier may be, but even that I doubt, because I believe it was Ross that made the pick.

Good NFL HCs are very difficult to find. I don't think one guy/pick is the entire hingepoint.
If you wanted to persuade someone that doesn't think Ross made the pick. What would be one solid piece of support.

Agreed. Additionally, I believe Grier/Flo have shown that they're trying to do whatever they can to make Tua successful...Ross, I would hope, would agree.

If you wanted to persuade someone that doesn't think Ross made the pick. What would be one solid piece of support.
Not trying to persuade anyone of anything. If you see it differently, that's fine. It's my opinion.

I don't think anyone in the organization would confirm, or deny. It would serve no purpose. It would also be unprofessional to do so. Therefore there is no "solid" evidence either way.

What is a fact though, is that Ross talked up, and made many trips to see Tua over the course of two years.

Do you not think Ross had a say?

Not trying to persuade anyone of anything. If you see it differently, that's fine. It's my opinion.

I don't think anyone in the organization would confirm, or deny. It would serve no purpose. It would also be unprofessional to do so. Therefore there is no "solid" evidence either way.

What is a fact though, is that Ross talked up, and made many trips to see Tua over the course of two years.

Do you not think Ross had a say?
You posted, Ross made the pick. That's much much different than asking me if he had a say.
I've always believed and posted that FloCo were all in sync and together when selecting Tua. Why would Ross pick a QB over his GM and Coach? I'm trying to figure out where you base your belief.
Owners that interfere in thier teams like that are well known, Snyder, Jones, Stienbrenner, Cuban. Ross had never demonstrated that type of ownership.

You posted, Ross made the pick. That's much much different than asking me if he had a say.
I've always believed and posted that FloCo were all in sync and together when selecting Tua. Why would Ross pick a QB over his GM and Coach? I'm trying to figure out where you base your belief.
Owners that interfere in thier teams like that are well known, Snyder, Jones, Stienbrenner, Cuban. Ross had never demonstrated that type of ownership.
No, I posted "I believe Ross made the pick". If you don't see the difference, I don't know what to tell ya.

It's should be clear from the phase "I believe", that it is opinion, as opposed to a statement of fact.

You believe differently, and like I said, that's fine.

Do you have any solid evidence to support your view? Of course not, because unless the org comes out with a statement, it's all speculation. Even if they did, what else would you expect them to say?

What difference does it really make at this point? For better or worse, we drafted Tua.

Love how some assume that Ross was the puppet master in the Tua drafting, If Flores didn’t want him leading that offense there’s no way in hell he would have agreed to drafting Tua and risking his job with a QB he didn’t want. That’s the biggest load of **** I’ve ever read. Marino was also super high on Tua as well, he must’ve been part of that string pulling as well.

Back
Top Bottom