Joe Burrow | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Burrow

yeah thats a done deal. the only question for us is our FO dumb enough to take tua 5th

There are people who would give a year of their lives for that to happen...even if his career lasts less than 10 years.

If we do select him...cross your fingerd.

He played a great game but I’m not sold on him. I like to see consistency when it comes to QB’s, at the college level at least 2 years, he had a monster season and it’s paying off well for him. However, giving away the farm for this him is not a good idea IMO.

Lawrence is a great player. If there was ever a way to get that guy, after filling the mass holes we have on the OL thru the draft and FA in '20, then he'd be the guy to trade up and get. Our two firsts and a second in '21 and our first in '22? Still, probably wouldn't be enough.

He played a great game but I’m not sold on him. I like to see consistency when it comes to QB’s, at the college level at least 2 years, he had a monster season and it’s paying off well for him. However, giving away the farm for this him is not a good idea IMO.
He was 10-3 last year, , not too shabby for the SEC. Thats 24-3 as LSU's starter

Except the success rate by round completely disproves that concept. It's the way ****ty front offices manage to deflect responsibility year after year. The earlier you pick, the more likely you are to draft a top QB. Pointing out any outliers doesn't change that fact. And those outliers tend to be those who change the concept of what a QB is supposed to be (Brees, Wilson, Jackson, etc.), which requires a risk people on here and in the front office of **** teams tend to not be willing to make even later in the draft.

Huh? It's not like you're not picking the first round.

Andrew Luck was the most highly touted QB that I can remember coming out of college and how great was he really:

Pick #1 (Andrew Luck)
Cmp%
Yds
Y/A
TD
Int

Pic #75 (Russell Wilson)
Cmp%
Yds
Y/A
TD
Int

Don't like that? Look at the 4 quarterbacks taken in the 2018 Draft:

1 - Baker Mayfield
3 - Sam Darnold
7- Josh Allen
10 - Josh Rosen

Which one of those feels like a sure thing now?

The fact is that it's not a sure thing, so don't stress out about where you pick because it doesn't guarantee you anything.

Last edited:
Ugh, I really hope Dolphins dont take Tua. The guy has been injury-prone playing behind Alabama's Oline. Wait until he plays behind our Oline. He wont last a season
Because we're going to be rolling out the 2019 Dolphins offensive line in 2020?

Or, you can see our 2020 line in the future and it sucks?

Ehh the one year wonder thing scares me, looked pedestrian last year with a similar cast. I get he’s in a different system but the system shouldn’t be this big of a difference. Still not worth the farm for him. If I’m trading the farm it’s next year for Lawerence. If Tua doesn’t grade well for injury then trade back multiple times pick up 3-4 more 1st and second rounders next year. Make however has the 1st pick next year and offer they can’t refuse.

Ehh the one year wonder thing scares me, looked pedestrian last year with a similar cast. I get he’s in a different system but the system shouldn’t be this big of a difference. Still not worth the farm for him. If I’m trading the farm it’s next year for Lawerence. If Tua doesn’t grade well for injury then trade back multiple times pick up 3-4 more 1st and second rounders next year. Make however has the 1st pick next year and offer they can’t refuse.
No offense intended, but that's not a realistic plan, so much as a fantasy pipe dream.

3-4 more 1st/2nd rounders? And what, fix absolutely nothing this year? Have we learned nothing about chicken counting this with the mirage that was the percieved "tank for Tua" debacle?

Grier needs to draft a stud QB this year. No excuses!

Look at all the playoff QBs... only Wentz was drafted high. Every other QB were drafted later than the Dolphins will be picking.

Point is there are QB gems every year... well almost every year. That Jamarcus Russell draft was lol bad for QBs.

Grier must find the 2020 QB gem.

Grier needs to draft a stud QB this year. No excuses!

Look at all the playoff QBs... only Wentz was drafted high. Every other QB were drafted later than the Dolphins will be picking.

Point is there are QB gems every year... well almost every year. That Jamarcus Russell draft was lol bad for QBs.

Grier must find the 2020 QB gem.

Well... he'll certainly be looking for one, but it wont be evident for several years whether or not he has guessed correctly.

Or.. we take 5 starters and another developmental QB with our 6 early round picks this year...
Well, we could do that AND make the team with the first pick an offer they can't refuse. All it would take is a horses head in the owners bed for him to see it our way.

Back
Top Bottom