Joe Philbin Left His Mark On Many Young Packers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin Left His Mark On Many Young Packers

Comparing the talent on the 49ers and the Fins over the last 2 years is a huge reason why the Fins and 49ers are sk far apart. If Harbaugh was here the rdcord might have been the same. The fans would turn on him as well without results
Philbin is not a head coach imho, but what has een done here is improvement. This team needs to take another step forward. Not sure who can coach this team, but I would like a more experienced hc

Agreed. Maybe for next year we could find someone with at least 2, or even better 3, years of experience as a Head Coach. Hopefully someone who's resume reflects that their time within a former organization was very successful during their tenure while there. I prefer an offensive minded coach and if that's the case, maybe their offense was in the top 10 of scoring and possibly averaged 26, maybe even as high as 28 pts while they were there too. And I know many fans enjoy seeing the "rah rah" types of head coaches but the most important factor would be some one who is very smart and analytical with experience in game planning and talent evaluations would be good too. Good relationships with and respect from former staff and players is a must. If they had won a Super Bowl that would be a HUGE bonus in qualifications.

I dunno where we'd find such a guy though... Hmm

Last edited by a moderator:
What I get from that is that either A) his sons death has affected him severely----as anyone could imagine it would
B) The make-up of our front office is a cage of buffoons

You don't get that kind of resounding praise (with that much heartfelt passion for the guy) if you don't know how to coach and mentor your players. I've been pretty down on him lately but that really shows me something about him.

Funny that there is people screaming for Harbaugh when all of HIS reports are that the players hate his guts and have ZERO support of him.....yet 4 years later our opposing team can't wait to come see their mentor and have nothing but praise for him as a leader.

I'll say this much, I would rather have a locker room full of guys that look up to and respect their coach, than a locker room that despise and hate their coach. We have a new GM, new OC, let's play it out and see how well they get things together. Philbin might not be the flashiest and most outspoken coach, but do you really need that on an NFL team? The players know what they need to do, and when they screw up, they don't need a coach barraging them on the sidelines when it happens. ****, they got there because they know what to do.

Back
Top Bottom