Joe Philbin ranks very low among the NFL’s best head coaches. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin ranks very low among the NFL’s best head coaches.

You said they had a losing record with him. They were 3-3 with him and he got hurt in the 1st quarter in a game where they had the lead at the time. How does 3-4 figure into the conversation?

It's also hilarious you criticize me for taking every word you say literally but then now you give me hell for "not reading". Which is it deflector?

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

I'll ask one more time. Let me know who Miami's tons of offensive weapons were.

he played in 7 games, they were 3-4. is 3-4 a losing record or not?

I can't help you if you can't read.

Some of people loathing of Philbin is so over the top completely out if touch with reality. Why? He has improved the teams record with each season. He was .500 last season. Exactly average.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Saying that Philbin is worse than wanny is an utter joke.

Wannstedt was better than Philbin, he won a div title w/ Jay Fiedler.

he played in 7 games, they were 3-4. is 3-4 a losing record or not?

I can't help you if you can't read.

3-3 in games where he didn't leave bc of season ending injury. He left with them leading in the game. You could even say they lost BECAUSE he got hurt since he scored a TD already and could've had more.

Insinuate I'm dumb all you want. It's your deflection at its finest.

I didn't insinuate anything, if that is how you take it then that sounds like your guilty conscience. whether you want to say 3-3 or 3-4 they still weren't a winning team, right?

I agree that Jeff Fisher is ranked too high.
I don't really care that Philbin is low, though. he's gotta show a lot more....BUT

If Ireland had followed his wishes (as we've learned), we would've had a much better offensive line and would've won at least 2 more games, mainly that home losses to Buffalo and Baltimore. You can put those two losses square on key sacks that killed us.

If you accept PFF and therefore their methodology trying to assert that despite the eyetest, the Fins OL was not all that bad, then surely using that same methodology you must accept that buttfumble was literally a bottom feeding QB throughout his career (based on their methodology)* through no fault of the jest OL, considering that although he was shown to be pressured less than the league average, still, factoring in that element, he ranked as a bottom feeding QB in that criteria as well. That’s of course you’re an agendist looking to cherry pick stats to fit your your own needs and likewise rejecting others. Can’t be done cuz they’re all from the fruit of the same tree.

2. Per Thomas’s “60” yard run, it was actually 55 in reality. Beyond that, it was sandwiched in between a 9yd Hartline pass and a 4yd Clay TD pass starting on their 20. Compare that to the infamous 09 SD playoff game where buttfumble handed off to Greene for a 58yd run (actually 53 but adjusted to Donald Thomas hyperbolic numbers). I believe they started off on the 34yd line and Thomas having 2 runs for 6yds and then a short 5 yard pass to a receiver, before Greene put it into the endzone. How much work was that?

Considering that buttfumble in balmy weather against the 11th ranked D despite 3 SD FG misses including 2 gimmes, and because of 101 total yards, 12-23, 1 TD, 1 Int (that luckily Rivers gave right back) and a sub 60QBR managed a 3 point win (and scoring 3pts less than SD D’s avg that year), if you’re gonna declare that he had a good game, you reveal your biases if not attributing the same to Tannehill who had a 61% completion, 95.5 QBR threw for over 2X the yardage buttfumble did in that game, 3 TDs 1 costly int, ran for 56yds and actually brought them back again as well as working for that TD with a scoring pass against the 14th ranked D. Did I mention that this was a road game in tundra like conditions?

So if you tthink buttfumble did anything other than as from the sidelines, Westhoff attributes to being a passenger on the postseason buses, then unless you’re an agendist or trolling for reaction, objectively speaking it’s hard to discredit Tannehill and not concede that buttfumble did less to win than not fumble when handing off to Greene and rooting for Kaedig to miss his easy FGs.

3. As far as Wanny being better than Philbin, first off, he had 6 years HC experience with Chicago, the last 2 going 8-24 before he inheritied and ruined JJ’s team. LIke Ryan also inherited Mangini’s and has been ruining it ever since. But if you wanna argue pro Wanny, unlike Rex he actually won a division and made it twice into the postseason with no *asterisks since all the teams he was facing were actually trying to win also. So compare his record of 42-31 for the Fns vs Rex’s 40-38 + 2 teams conceding it a meaningless game by pulling their starters. His last 3 years, after more than a decade of coaching was 20-21. Compare that to Rex’s last 3 years of 22-26. So if you wanna compare, looks like Wannstedt was a better HC than Ryan, (but it’s true Fiedler was a better QB than who Ryan chose to work with). Now don’t get me going on Lovie Smith vs Rex Ryan. Not even close (although Rex Ryan and buttfumble are pretty much a wash)

Again, I can't post these PFF objective rankings enough , Keep in mind that the preparer of this article indicated that if there were 10 additional measurements to objectively assess buttfumble, he'd end up as a bottom-feeder on those also.

sgs803-1.jpg

If you accept PFF and therefore their methodology trying to assert that despite the eyetest, the Fins OL was not all that bad, then surely using that same methodology you must accept that buttfumble was literally a bottom feeding QB throughout his career (based on their methodology)* through no fault of the jest OL, considering that although he was shown to be pressured less than the league average, still, factoring in that element, he ranked as a bottom feeding QB in that criteria as well. That’s of course you’re an agendist looking to cherry pick stats to fit your your own needs and likewise rejecting others. Can’t be done cuz they’re all from the fruit of the same tree.

2. Per Thomas’s “60” yard run, it was actually 55 in reality. Beyond that, it was sandwiched in between a 9yd Hartline pass and a 4yd Clay TD pass starting on their 20. Compare that to the infamous 09 SD playoff game where buttfumble handed off to Greene for a 58yd run (actually 53 but adjusted to Donald Thomas hyperbolic numbers). I believe they started off on the 34yd line and Thomas having 2 runs for 6yds and then a short 5 yard pass to a receiver, before Greene put it into the endzone. How much work was that?

Considering that buttfumble in balmy weather against the 11th ranked D despite 3 SD FG misses including 2 gimmes, and because of 101 total yards, 12-23, 1 TD, 1 Int (that luckily Rivers gave right back) and a sub 60QBR managed a 3 point win (and scoring 3pts less than SD D’s avg that year), if you’re gonna declare that he had a good game, you reveal your biases if not attributing the same to Tannehill who had a 61% completion, 95.5 QBR threw for over 2X the yardage buttfumble did in that game, 3 TDs 1 costly int, ran for 56yds and actually brought them back again as well as working for that TD with a scoring pass against the 14th ranked D. Did I mention that this was a road game in tundra like conditions?

So if you tthink buttfumble did anything other than as from the sidelines, Westhoff attributes to being a passenger on the postseason buses, then unless you’re an agendist or trolling for reaction, objectively speaking it’s hard to discredit Tannehill and not concede that buttfumble did less to win than not fumble when handing off to Greene and rooting for Kaedig to miss his easy FGs.

3. As far as Wanny being better than Philbin, first off, he had 6 years HC experience with Chicago, the last 2 going 8-24 before he inheritied and ruined JJ’s team. LIke Ryan also inherited Mangini’s and has been ruining it ever since. But if you wanna argue pro Wanny, unlike Rex he actually won a division and made it twice into the postseason with no *asterisks since all the teams he was facing were actually trying to win also. So compare his record of 42-31 for the Fns vs Rex’s 40-38 + 2 teams conceding it a meaningless game by pulling their starters. His last 3 years, after more than a decade of coaching was 20-21. Compare that to Rex’s last 3 years of 22-26. So if you wanna compare, looks like Wannstedt was a better HC than Ryan, (but it’s true Fiedler was a better QB than who Ryan chose to work with). Now don’t get me going on Lovie Smith vs Rex Ryan. Not even close (although Rex Ryan and buttfumble are pretty much a wash). Also Rex had 1 legit winning season out of 5.. Say what you want about Wanny, but he had more. And with opponents actually trying to win, Rex in 5 years has 1 whole more winning season than does Philbin.

Again, I can't post these PFF objective rankings enough , Keep in mind that the preparer of this article indicated that if there were 10 additional measurements to objectively assess buttfumble, he'd end up as a bottom-feeder on those also.

sgs803-1.jpg

the excuse maker is back! took some time to run and hide after the collapse but he's back w/ fresh new excuses!:lol:

Some of people loathing of Philbin is so over the top completely out if touch with reality. Why? He has improved the teams record with each season. He was .500 last season. Exactly average.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Saying that Philbin is worse than wanny is an utter joke.

I am not a Philbin fan and I don't think we are going anywhere with him at the helm. That being said, I agree with you on the last point. While Wanny had better records, he decimated this team for the long haul and we have yet to recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a Philbin fan and I don't think we are going anywhere with him at the helm. That being said, I agree with you on the last point. While Wanny had better records, he decimated this team for the long haul and we have yet to recover.

how did he decimate the team? I don't think Wanny was great but he wasn't Cam Cameron. he did a decent job in a very tough spot after JJ walked away. You guys were expected to suck in 2000 and he led you to a div title w/ Jay Fiedler.

how did he decimate the team? I don't think Wanny was great but he wasn't Cam Cameron. he did a decent job in a very tough spot after JJ walked away. You guys were expected to suck in 2000 and he led you to a div title w/ Jay Fiedler.

Too many reasons to count...

Didn't try to solve the QB issue, stuck with journeyman Fiedler way too long instead of investing in young franchise QB. That decision killed us in the long run. In addition to that, he wasted several drafts with loser picks and horrible panicked trades, and ran Ricky into the ground, pushing away the only star player we had at the time.

He was the source of a decade of failure.

Too many reasons to count...

Didn't try to solve the QB issue, stuck with journeyman Fiedler way too long instead of investing in young franchise QB. That decision killed us in the long run. In addition to that, he wasted several drafts with loser picks and horrible panicked trades, and ran Ricky into the ground, pushing away the only star player we had at the time.

He was the source of a decade of failure.

missing on Brees hurt but remember he struggled early in his career so would that have made the difference? most teams are looking for QBs and they can't find them. you guys got spoiled w/ Dan for so long just like NE fans are spoiled now.

He didn't run Ricky into the ground, Ricky had issues. what RB doesn't want the ball in their hands? the biggest problem was trading 2 1st rounders for Ricky in the first place.

I think he did plenty of bad but it wasn't all bad. Considering he had to replace a legendary QB and a good coach I think as a coach he did an ok job. Remember they lost by an average of 45 PPG the previous 2 postseasons and "only" lost by 22 a game in his 2 playoff losses so that was improvement and he did so w/ less talent.

the excuse maker is back! took some time to run and hide after the collapse but he's back w/ fresh new excuses!:lol:

I was up in Westchester on business teaching hing this horny unfilled housewife some new tricks. But thanks for asking :up:

and unless you are stalking me (again) you dont know what the **** you're talking about (not that I need any excuses to pop on or off my own site.. but i do know that the constant barrage of negatives from you lately would have gotten me quickly banned from TGG. You really need to take some lessons from one of our valued opponent members: HumbleColts Fan

..and i surfaced as far as you're concerned to again call out your trolling, hypocrisy and the fact that you get paid for doing it.

fvg45z-1.jpg

as if vaark could ever fulfill anyone:lol:

just like the end of the season you run and hide, poor little guy.

it's funny how you talk about stalking and know where I live but I'm the stalker:lol: you need help

I didn't insinuate anything, if that is how you take it then that sounds like your guilty conscience. whether you want to say 3-3 or 3-4 they still weren't a winning team, right?

Saying I can't read isn't insinuating? They were a 3-3 team entering that game vs. NE. You said they were a losing team with Gibson playing. Wouldn't Gibson have needed to play the whole game for it to be considered that Miami was 3-4 with him?

Back
Top Bottom