Joe Philbin's Game Management | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin's Game Management

I thought the 53 yard FG goal was a poor decision. Absolutely nothing wrong with the bootleg to Clay. Safe pass to complete and gave a fair chance at a 1st down. Clay had 5 yards to fall down before letting himself get pushed out of bounds. There's Jr Varsity high schoolers that get down there. Appears Clay has some limitations in logic.

Nope. First thread.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

All of you giving me ****, the end of the game management has sucked the last three weeks.

****ing ridiculous how all of you cannot discuss the issues and stab me personally. Weak.

Not true: here's one and there's a third one where you lump Philbin and his decision making in with Ireland.. that I'm too lazy to find. You need to ****ing stop starting threads before your own butthurt "No Fisher" agenda robs you of any remaining credibility you might have left.

Thread starter, then dogging him on #10.

Again y0u wanna rag on a rookie HC? Better you amble over to StL's forum to slurp the coach with 6 out of 16 playoff seasons.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?327158-Barry-Jackson-Talks-FA-s-other-Notes

I cant believe ppl are actually complaining about having your kicker attempt a 53yd FG.....are you serious? Carp definitely has the leg to make that kick. Most teams would allow there kicker to attempt the FG. If they would have punted the same ppl would be bitching about the coach being too conservative. Jesus...Miami wins and still there is complaining. It is truly mind boggling what some "fans" post on here. Complain about Clay running out of bounds if you are going to complain about anything. At least let most of the real fans enjoy a victory til monday before trying to ruin it.lol

I cant believe ppl are actually complaining about having your kicker attempt a 53yd FG.....are you serious? Carp definitely has the leg to make that kick. Most teams would allow there kicker to attempt the FG. If they would have punted the same ppl would be bitching about the coach being too conservative. Jesus...Miami wins and still there is complaining. It is truly mind boggling what some "fans" post on here. Complain about Clay running out of bounds if you are going to complain about anything. At least let most of the real fans enjoy a victory til monday before trying to ruin it.lol

Check the time of post. It was in the middle of the 2nd half. Not post game.

That 53 yarder is a FG a competent kicker should make. Carp buried the 46 yarder and I have no issue with letting him go for three there. If the defense holds, this thread is non existant.

Trying to blame Philbin for Clay running out of bounds is moronic. Safe pass play that wasn't executed correctly.

Hayden u are to closed minded, if clay gets first it's called wining the game. Clay is just a dummy for his decision(not coaches fault). Guess turnovers and Carpenter is all Joes fault that they can't execute. Listen the coaches have made a difference in a good way. Is Joe doing it perfect nope. But I play to win. U must trust your players can make the play and be smart about it too. Clay is showing his brain not all there. Carpenter will be replaced either now or by next year most def 10-25 no excuse sorry.

Coaches are part of the game plan but players have to make the play. This coaching staff so far is 1000000000 percent better then what we have had. Guy even cuts a bum like Nabum , come on. U dig to deep

We wonnnnnn!!!! Lol team is scrappy and is showing PROMISE

Up until this weekend . of the top 25 kickers statistically who tried 50plus FGs, they collectively made 25 of 29 of 'em. Carp had the distance.. he screwed the pooch..... again.

I thing most of us are enjoying the win but it's fair to talk about it. Most kickers I don't have a problem with kicking a 53 yarder. Carp probably makes that 2-3 years ago. However the last year or two that's a very likely miss that puts the Bengals in good field position. Carpenter unfortunately is lost on those 40+ kicks. Agree, nothing wrong with the bootleg other than Clays lack of understanding of the situation.

That clearly wasn't working today. So you try a bootleg pass to a wide open player and you never know. But that dumbass went outta bounds.

Run the ball and punt it. They would have had 40 seconds fewer than they did. It was about field position and the defense at that point...not closing it out.

Also, the staff has some responsibility in terms of Clay's mental block. A) they should drill in him he needs to stay in bounds B) why is Clay getting the call?

Sorry, Joe Philbin has struggled on game day folks.

Of course, those flaming will not read all the posts, but I have praised Philbin to no end on his preparation Monday through Saturday. As rookie HC he is struggling on Sunday sometimes. Not sure how that is up for debate outside the fact people do not want to acknowledge the HC has some developing to do.

Im starting to get down on him as well. Eventually a lot of close losses is on the coach. Having Carpenter try a 53 yarder when youre up by 11 is foolish.

Do you not think Carpenter would think to himself that his own coach has no faith in him to make FGs if they don't trot him out there to do his only job in life?

Back
Top Bottom