Joe Rose | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Rose

I think this whole "soft" thing is a bunch of BS, these are professional football players who literally get hit for a living.

Talent, durability and coaching mean everything in the NFL

It's a relative term.

Was Jonathan Martin not some form of what people would refer to as "soft?" What if someone built an entire team of Jonathan Martins? Would that team not qualify as soft?

You can be soft physically, which I agree NFL players probably aren't.

You can be soft mentally which I bet has almost nothing to do with whether you're in the NFL or not.

You can be soft schematically with game plans that are easily disrupted which I'm sure many would say of Miami.

"Soft" can also refer to a team that can't do certain things. Philly isn't necessarily huge at every position (look at Devonta Smith) but they can run the ball in short yardage pretty much at will. That can be seen as the opposite of soft.

I know that our defense last year at crunch time was kicking the snap out of people, not soft. I also don't need an assassin back at safety, the rules won't allow you to "Jack Tatum" receivers anymore. I prefer a guy who make the reads and tackles we need to stop the other teams progress, like Holland.

lol Omar. He was arguing poup all last season that the offense wasnt finesse until we got beat by the teams who could stop our offense and ran the ball on us.

Omar is also pissy cus he wanted us to sign henry so we could pound the rock late in the season. I agree with him that we need to be able to run ball late in the season, i disagree that we needed to pay a past his prime running back to accomplish that.

Omar would be right, against teams who are considered dogs, we lose, to include the titans, they had more dog than we did.

The Dolphins are soft. Anybody who knows football can see it. Especially in December and January.
You mean when 60% of the OL was on IR or missing major time. And the top 2 rush ends were on IR. Kind of hard to play bully ball when over 50% of the starters on the OL and DL are on IR and others missing major time.

Tough guys on a forum calling a football team soft.
Dude, why are you ALWAYS posting just to talk **** to ppl here? As if your Gods gift to everything football. Like you know more than anybody here and any different opinions than yours is peasantry. Always man. Shits annoying AF. People can have their opinions especially being different from yours. Us not being football players doesn't neglect the observations different ppl see, whether they're right or wrong or neither. Two people can look at the same thing and come to different conclusions.

Are the other teams "tougher" or just more talented?
Good question. I do think they go hand and hand. But I also think some teams do have a "tougher" mindset. KC, Balt, Philly, and even Buffalo. They make the hard hit. They get short yardage when needed. We have guys playing two hand touch on Mahomes in gosh damn playoff game.

Back
Top Bottom