Joe Rose | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Rose

It's a relative term.

Was Jonathan Martin not some form of what people would refer to as "soft?" What if someone built an entire team of Jonathan Martins? Would that team not qualify as soft?

You can be soft physically, which I agree NFL players probably aren't.

You can be soft mentally which I bet has almost nothing to do with whether you're in the NFL or not.

You can be soft schematically with game plans that are easily disrupted which I'm sure many would say of Miami.

"Soft" can also refer to a team that can't do certain things. Philly isn't necessarily huge at every position (look at Devonta Smith) but they can run the ball in short yardage pretty much at will. That can be seen as the opposite of soft.
Interesting points. I doubt anyone is making an entire team of Martins and I would argue scheme and talent made the Eagles short yard game work. I certainly wouldn't go around calling anyone in the NFL, hell even the CFL, as soft. :)

Good question. I do think they go hand and hand. But I also think some teams do have a "tougher" mindset. KC, Balt, Philly, and even Buffalo. They make the hard hit. They get short yardage when needed. We have guys playing two hand touch on Mahomes in gosh damn playoff game.
Baltimore's D always seems to have a reputation as being "tough", but then the Dolphins shredded them last season. I think if any team has the potential of being coached to be "tougher" than their opponent it's probably the Lions with Dan Campbell, and they collapsed in the Divisional Game. Is KC a "tough" defense or is Chris Jones the best defensive player in football right now? Anyways, there's no real right answer here.

Last edited:
Hello @Finsational , would you like something?

scale;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60;progressive.jpg

Simple solution: Just rename the team the Sharks… or the Barracuda…. No “s”… has a nice UFL ring to it. It’s the smiling Dolphin-Blue Whale thing. Hope Ross is happy. 😉
It would prefer the great whites, but looking at that now in print and looks racist so nevermind (I was thinking of the great white shark, but dolphins kill sharks)

Interesting points. I doubt anyone is making an entire team of Martins and I would argue scheme and talent made the Eagles short yard game work. I certainly wouldn't go around calling anyone in the NFL, hell even the CFL, as soft. :)
Dion Sanders was soft to me he would go out of way to avoid a tackle. Czonka was his exact opposite

Show has me dying today!!!! Joe and Hollywood clownin Omar. Omar says team is soft. What you think

Well, aside from the fact that Omar is kind of an idiot when it comes to this point

(This is the same guy that thinks we should bring back Jarvis Landry as our 3rd wide receiver this year because Jarvis was a dawg Never mind the fact that when he was the featured pass catcher on the offenses he played on for us he was a high volume, low impact, unexplosive, low yards, per catch, couldn't find the end zone with a map, stomping around barking like a chihuahua because he caught a 3 yard reception and picked up 3 yards of YACC for a total of 6 on a 3rd an 8, dull, mediocre, and annoying player (with unwarranted confidence) on some of the most boring offenses I ever had the misfortune of witnessing in 50 years of watching this teams every snap. In fact, I'd argue Jarvis Landry was one of the most overrated players we ever had on this roster in Dolphins history, and the thought of watching him again bedazzle us with his emotive stomping and yelling after executing what can only be considered mediocre results makes me want to throw up in my mouth. A "Dawg" Seriously Omar? But I digresss...)

I would say that until we can go into Baltimore on the road and stop the run, get after the QB, and run the ball at will as we please, or arrowhead in Dec/Jan, then it's hard to argue this point. Having said that, no one who plays in the NFL is soft, so I've never liked that description, but, he's not alone in that assessment of our team...

Last edited:
Just to clarify Omar’s definition of a “dog” which he says Ramsey and Hill are the only “dogs” we have and Baltimore/Buffalo is loaded with “dogs” -

“Dog” = someone who would approach and throw the first punch to one he has a problem with. “Soft” = someone who waits for the first punch to be thrown to fight.

🤣

Same Baltimore team that got their butts handed to them at home in the most important playoff game against KC?

That's the team that full of "Dawgs?"

Same Baltimore team that got their butts handed to them at home in the most important playoff game against KC?

That's the team that full of "Dawgs?"
The chiefs marched into Baltimore's home stadium and ran it down their throats. They stopped Lamar Jackson in his tracks, and the Ravens' running game was a wet fart that day. The Chiefs are the dogs.

The chiefs marched into Baltimore's home stadium and ran it down their throats. They stopped Lamar Jackson in his tracks, and the Ravens' running game was a wet fart that day. The Chiefs are the dogs.

Added to all of that. I believe Ravens were close to completely healthy too and the weather wasn't like our game against KC at their home and missing half of our team.

But hey...Baltimore...Dawgs...sure Omar...whatever you say!

Back
Top Bottom