Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract." | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract."

At least I rate the "oxy".......
tenor.gif

Someone give the guy a lollipop.
I am done with you. At this point in this thread you are not even worth a response anymore. :pbj:
giphy.gif

The homers around here just don't want to admit that this is a bad football team. Little talent and poorly coached. Just can't bring themselves to do it. It has to be Tannehill's fault or their world is shattered.

I don't think I've seen anyone claim that this is a good team outside the QB position, that we have a good coach being held back by our QB. What in tarnation are you talking about?

I don't think I've seen anyone claim that this is a good team outside the QB position, that we have a good coach being held back by our QB. What in tarnation are you talking about?

There was a thread dedicated to amount of talent on the team and a number of posters claiming the OL "just isn't that bad".

Ehh it's more like Tanne-realizers. We've all hoped. We've all seen flashes. But we've almost seen the beginning and end of two different coaching staffs with the same quarterback.

His play behind the pocket, especially for a "mobile" qb, is anything but savvy. Watch players like Brees and Rivers handle pressure. They slide their feet, dip their shoulders, and avoid defenders flying past them. Tannehill crumbles under pressure. Both in a sense of needing to make critical plays and not being able to handle plays when things go awry.

I remember maybe 2 or 3 sacks yesterday where he had no chance. The others could have been avoided by either making quicker reads or using his feet to scramble.

Like I said, spotting Minny 21 in the first quarter was horrendous. But Miami had that game within reach and the offense did nothing but sputter when it mattered most.

Russell Wilson has played behind worse offensive lines than Tannehill has and has still put up really impressive numbers. Tannehill is just a guy. The project has failed. Miami's offensive rankings are awful, and that starts with the guy who has the ball in his hands to start every play.

Good and great players overcome. Tannehill does not.
There was a thread dedicated to amount of talent on the team and a number of posters claiming the OL "just isn't that bad".
Minus Sitton...its basically the same o line that is bad.

You mean a thread before the season started and everyone was hopeful? Are you saying in that thread there were posters talking about how much talent we have besides QB?

I remember multiple threads talking about how much offensive fire power have and how the OL with stilton and Kilgore should be much improved. I don't recall anyone since claiming this to be a talented team with a good HC outside of the QB.

You mean a thread before the season started and everyone was hopeful? Are you saying in that thread there were posters talking about how much talent we have besides QB?

I remember multiple threads talking about how much offensive fire power have and how the OL with stilton and Kilgore should be much improved. I don't recall anyone since claiming this to be a talented team with a good HC outside of the QB.
https://finheaven.com/threads/fins-talent-well-isnt-as-dry-as-some-claim.351846/

don't even bring up rookies, because there's a rookie qb right now that is playing better than Tannehill has in his entire life.

And the OL excuses again. Sure, not a good day from the OL, but he stood back there like a statue and froze. I've never seen such a goofy-footed "good" athlete in my life.

Dude needs to be on the move. Period. I fully expected RUN RYAN RUN because the Vikes D had been so

accommodating to such gestures by the opposing O -- but NO -- I guess Ryan had a booboo on his ankle and since he's

only suffered significant injuries in the pocket... Well, mister luminous O guru (reads NFL HC for Dummies) kept Ryan

nice and "comfy safe and warm" as a stationary bullseye...

I think the Vikes ran the table on that one.

Tannehill will most likely be gone unless the new coaching staff really wants to keep him. If he does come back the new staff needs to bring in a veteran QB and have a legit competition for the starting QB spot in 2019. In 2020 they need to go all out to get a young franchise QB. No matter who is the QB the new front office must seriously address the offensive line.

Another question.

How much of this lack of off script development do you think is years of getting killed adding up.

Because I know a lot of QBs they would develop bad habits with 3 years of Dallas thomas in their lead leg all game long.

Or is it just what ryan was gonna be always. Such an odd thing not to develop
I don’t think it matters at this point - the question of could’ve been or could be has past. He will never be elite. The loss today hopefully forces the owner to make changes from the top down.

Back
Top Bottom