Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract." | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract."

The offensive line is perfectly within the normal range. I'll laugh at anyone who doesn't understand that. We are not entitled to perfect protection or the best line in the league. The yards per rush we have managed without much help from the quarterback position in that regard is the best evidence. Last season not one team in the league managed the 4.8 yards per rush that the Dolphins owned entering today.

And just imagine if those shovel passes from Tannehill in the Oakland game had been inside handoffs instead of one-foot flips. That means they would have been credited as rushing yards instead of padding Tannehill's stats.

The Tannehill apologists are wrong and have always been wrong. Brutal understanding of NFL realities, where the Redskins and Giants can be double digit underdogs on the same weekend but control those games physically despite each barely falling short. There is no such thing as an NFL team that is mangled along the line of scrimmage, a team worthy of the type of comically preposterous adjustments that Tannehill backers have peddled as rightful year after year.

I give credit to the posters who did not buckle. There was always an onslaught of propaganda here designed to make them buckle, like the insistence that Bill Lazor was the worst coach in the league and holding Tannehill back. Now many adjusters have attempted the same in regard to Adam Gase.

At some point there is a common denominator. The same linemen who have wraparound sacks attributed to them now can enjoy a quarterback who instinctively takes a step or two forward or sideways. What a concept.

The blank stare needs a new home. Let our adjusters rest, while aspiring adjusters elsewhere finally have that necessary spark

How dumb is this article and thread. On the open market Tannehill wouldn't even fetch 10mil a year. Same for last year or the year prior or the year prior. Schad is a fool and the OP enjoys watching the Dolphins lose while wearing his Tannehill jersey.

Every quarterback has short passes that are basically runs that get a huge chunk of yardage and go down on the passer's yards.

How dumb is this article and thread. On the open market Tannehill wouldn't even fetch 10mil a year. Same for last year or the year prior or the year prior. Schad is a fool and the OP enjoys watching the Dolphins lose while wearing his Tannehill jersey.
Stop. Tyrod Taylor was paid $15 million/year to keep him from going on the open market. Josh McNown has a $10 million cap hit. Case Keenum signed a deal that averaged $18 million when he was on the open market. The open market is get stupid money. Hell, the Dolphins paid a guy who was washed up and done to come out of the booth $10 million.

Watching Russell Wilson tonight makes me laugh at how some idiots here said Tannehill was as good or better than him ("but...but...but...this stat says this and that stat says that!!!!") - Wilson MAKES PLAYS AND MAKES THINGS HAPPEN. He's the exact total polar opposite of Tannehill and everything he is not.

Watching Russell Wilson tonight makes me laugh at how some idiots here said Tannehill was as good or better than him ("but...but...but...this stat says this and that stat says that!!!!") - Wilson MAKES PLAYS AND MAKES THINGS HAPPEN. He's the exact total polar opposite of Tannehill and everything he is not.

I was thinking the same thing.

Honestly, thinking that replacing the quarterback is going to be what changes the trajectory of this organization is simply lazy thinking. Tannehill certainly has his issues. But if you think a quarterback can come in here and mask the top down issues this organization has is nuts.

This is an organization that Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl with. Let that sink in. And if we had Dan Marino back today at his prime, we still would not have a team that would would win a title.

Stop. Tyrod Taylor was paid $15 million/year to keep him from going on the open market. Josh McNown has a $10 million cap hit. Case Keenum signed a deal that averaged $18 million when he was on the open market. The open market is get stupid money. Hell, the Dolphins paid a guy who was washed up and done to come out of the booth $10 million.

Tannehill and his agent already duped the fins for one ridiculous deal, he won't get another in this league. He's a backup from here on out and he won't get 10mil a year. Name whatever other QBs you want but he's not signing a 2/3yr 20/30mil deal with any one.

Honestly, thinking that replacing the quarterback is going to be what changes the trajectory of this organization is simply lazy thinking. Tannehill certainly has his issues. But if you think a quarterback can come in here and mask the top down issues this organization has is nuts.

This is an organization that Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl with. Let that sink in. And if we had Dan Marino back today at his prime, we still would not have a team that would would win a title.

We wouldn't need OT or a miracle play to eclipse 30 points in a game if Marino was here.

Tannehill is not the reason we're successful just like he's not the reason we're bad. It's over.

We wouldn't need OT or a miracle play to eclipse 30 points in a game if Marino was here.

Tannehill is not the reason we're successful just like he's not the reason we're bad. It's over.
Agree. But the thing is that people on here aren't saying anything that he's any better than average. Yet we have guys saying things like 'I'll laugh at you if you think this line isn't in the normal range'. If you've watched the way they've protected the quarterback, I don't know how you can let that slide. Does Tannehill take some sacks that are on him? Absolutely. Do opponents get to our quarterback faster than they do to almost any team in the NFL? Abso-freaking-lutely. The people that think that Tannehill is the reason this offense doesn't work don't know football. And for the record, run blocking and pass blocking are completely different skills. And with the receiving corps we've put out there, there is absolutely no reason not to blitz us constantly knowing our receivers can't get open.

I read a tweet that sums Tannehill up quite nicely:

"Ryan Tannehill is the Miami Dolphins of NFL quarterbacks"

Im not one to hide from anything and im not going to here either. I said earlier this year that the only way miami would move on from tannehill after this year would be health. As in major injury. Wrong indeed, its the off script side of things that has done him in in miami.

Its just never developed. Maybe some of it was muscle memory based due to taking so much contact his first 5 years or maybe it was always gonna be a weakness but i just know now its not good enough and miami is right to move on.

This is separate from personnel deficiencies around the qb. Its a major reason when this team gets behind the sticks we can never seem to regain them and a punt is imminent.

It has to change.

the guys got an NFL arm he’s just never had the intangibles to play the position on the highest level

Back
Top Bottom