Joey Harrington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joey Harrington

jdprock

Scout Team
Reaction score
I know this is bad to say, but if in the worst case scenario Culpepper is injured do think this team loses much with Harrington as his replacement. I know it is only preseason and his rep has been bad, but he has looked very sharp and some of the incomplete passes in the Bucs game were receivers fault.

Yes, we do lose something. There's a reason why we pursued Culpepper as our first-string, and Harrington as our second-string. I'm not saying Harrington isn't servicable, but his career performance is about on the level of Gus Frerotte. I think we all agree that Culpepper is a serious upgrade over Frerotte.

Why is it bad to say. The goal is to get the best players on the field.

In my opinion I don't think we lose too much. I believe he was in a horrible situation in Detroit and I think he deserves another shot. He throws just as well if not better than Daunte and I think he would be a solid starter for us if needed.

I would also have to think that Harrington is a big step over Frerotte. I know he did crap in Detroit. He just looks so comfortable with these guys. I also believe with the supporting cast on offense we wouldn't lose much.

FIN FAN IN OHIO said:
He throws just as well if not better than Daunte
That's quite the statement.

jdprock said:
I would also have to think that Harrington is a big step over Frerotte.

Not according to his numbers. Yes, Harrington's been stuck in the hellhole that is Detroit, but it's pretty unrealistic to expect a jump in quality such that he will be almost on the level of the NFL's all-time most accurate quarterback.

I have watched Harrington very closely and any pass he has thrown past 10 yards has been money. Cliff Russel was slow on his route last night on that pass to Endzone I believe he should have been there for that ball.

Yes we lose a lot. We lose a lot of games if Joey is the full time quarterback.

jdprock said:
I know this is bad to say, but if in the worst case scenario Culpepper is injured do think this team loses much with Harrington as his replacement. I know it is only preseason and his rep has been bad, but he has looked very sharp and some of the incomplete passes in the Bucs game were receivers fault.

its not bad to say, theres a reason Joey's here, and theres a reason we traded for HIM specifically, and didn't jut draft someone late or pick up a free agent.

Saban got Joey because he thinks Joeys a good qb. Joeys here because if, god forbid, daunte does go down, we have a qb who can go in and win. All i can say is joey is doing things he simply did not do in detroit.

Namely, hes looking off defenders. He didn't do that well in detroit, but he seems to have it down now. He used to stare down his receviers until/ or if they got open. He doesn't do that now. I've seen him look off safeties on almost every play. Also, his touch has been impressive as well, the ball seems to land right in front of where the receive3rs are going, and his clock management skills seems to have increased also.

Hes a good ball player. Im happy to have him.

Dont get me wrong I want Daunte as the starter. Did you guys/ladies listen to his interview last night he was saying how bad Detroit was and he is just trying to program that out of his head and have fun with what I believe is the best supporting cast on offense in the league.

I guess my main point is if we are 6-2 after 8 games and Daunte goes down i believe we can go just as deep in the playoffs with Joey gaining confidence in the last 8 games.

jdprock said:
I would also have to think that Harrington is a big step over Frerotte. I know he did crap in Detroit. He just looks so comfortable with these guys. I also believe with the supporting cast on offense we wouldn't lose much.

Frerotte was an insanely inaccurate QB. Anyone who doesn't see that Harrington has the ability, and in fact has played a lot better than Frerotte. Most people seem to forget that until last year Harrington had a lot better numbers than nearly every other heralded young QB like David carr, who mysteriously has not taken any heat.

Sirspud said:
Frerotte was an insanely inaccurate QB. Anyone who doesn't see that Harrington has the ability, and in fact has played a lot better than Frerotte. Most people seem to forget that until last year Harrington had a lot better numbers than nearly every other heralded young QB like David carr, who mysteriously has not taken any heat.

im sorry, but everyone and their mother knows david carr has never had an offensive line to even give him the chance to be all that he can be.

Even though Joey was in Detroit and now he is a back-up I still believe he can and one day be a top 10 starter in this league maybe better if he gets the chance in the right place.

David Carr has one hell of an arm if he had time to use it everyone will see some amazing things from him.

Back
Top Bottom