Joey Harrington | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joey Harrington

Nappy Roots said:
just incase what?

you dont take valueable snaps away from Daunte getting rust off just incase he gets hurt and Joey has to take over. Joey worked alot with the first team OLine, thats good enough.

I say wait until the last game to give Joey snaps with the first teamers, depending on Daunte's performance. Daunte's starting QB regardless, barring a horrificially bad performance. But I would like to see Joey get some chemistry with the starters just in case he has to step in within the season for any reason.

Alot of people including me think Joey is a hell of alot better Qb then Daunte. I think if Joey were in Minny instead of Daunte Joey's numbers would be awsome. Yeah if Joey had Carter and Moss to throw to with bennet running and the line that was in Minny he would have been amazing to watch.

flip said:
Alot of people including me think Joey is a hell of alot better Qb then Daunte. I think if Joey were in Minny instead of Daunte Joey's numbers would be awsome. Yeah if Joey had Carter and Moss to throw to with bennet running and the line that was in Minny he would have been amazing to watch.

:rolleyes2

k

jdprock said:
I have watched Harrington very closely and any pass he has thrown past 10 yards has been money. Cliff Russel was slow on his route last night on that pass to Endzone I believe he should have been there for that ball.

Yeah as Nat Moore pointed out that wasn't Joey's fault but the reciever. Joey threw a TD the reciever just didn't catch it.

I think the problem is everyone is judging Joey from his horrible experience in Detroit and everyone is judging Daunte on his '04 season. That is not a fair comparison. In order for QB's to be successful they have to have a great supporting cast and Joey didn't have that in Detroit.

I am in no way saying Joey is better than Daunte. Numbers don't lie. I just believe that it takes time for QB's to get the NFL down. Good reference is steve young was in Tampa way back the reminds me of Detroit. But I do believe Daunte is our starter for the first 8 games no matter what. He is #1 when it comes to talent but **** happens sometimes. I want to Daunte as our QB as we tear the the AFC playoffs.

Guys and gals I don't want to seem to the one that takes the air out of our balloon...

but if anyone goes back over the last 3 years, Joey has had excellent Pre Seasons with Detroit...

it seems that the Regular Season is where he has had his struggles...

I am not looking at the games themselves but the way joeys mechanics look. No stutter steps and gets rid of the ball quick without mental errors.

Either way I wasnt trying to start a contraversy just trying to get the perspective of all you finfans to compare to mine which is this team can win the superbowl with either Daunte or Joey if everything goes right. ( Guys progress and there are no serious injuries.

Desides said:
Yes, we do lose something. There's a reason why we pursued Culpepper as our first-string, and Harrington as our second-string. I'm not saying Harrington isn't servicable, but his career performance is about on the level of Gus Frerotte. I think we all agree that Culpepper is a serious upgrade over Frerotte.

I actually think that is a big compliment considering he came from a Detroit team that was unstable, and put all the pressure on him to be a super star from day 1. I watched him in college, he isn't lacking physical gifts. He lost all confidence in Detroit. That is what has to be built up for him, he can chuck the ball and is extremely intelligent. Watch him improve as the coaches install his confidence in himself again.

Guys and gals I don't want to seem to the one that takes the air out of our balloon...

but if anyone goes back over the last 3 years, Joey has had excellent Pre Seasons with Detroit...

it seems that the Regular Season is where he has had his struggles...

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner.

Lion fan here.

Joey is Mr. August. Dude will get you excited and then really underwhelm during the season. True, he had a ****ty supporting cast and a coach who had no faith in him, but Joey, plain and simply is NOT a gamer. He chokes when he's need the most. That interception to nail down a loss will have your heart sitting at the bottom of your stomach. Joey can make all the throws that an NFL QB needs to make, but he won't make them when needed.

Sorry, he's your worry now. We're really glad he's gone.

OBTW, he's a really weird dude, too.

Lounge Lion said:

Lion fan here.

Joey is Mr. August. Dude will get you excited and then really underwhelm during the season. True, he had a ****ty supporting cast and a coach who had no faith in him, but Joey, plain and simply is NOT a gamer. He chokes when he's need the most. That interception to nail down a loss will have your heart sitting at the bottom of your stomach. Joey can make all the throws that an NFL QB needs to make, but he won't make them when needed.

yea cuase anyone who had that would be able to perform well :rolleyes2

jdprock said:
Either way I wasnt trying to start a contraversy just trying to get the perspective of all you finfans to compare to mine which is this team can win the superbowl with either Daunte or Joey if everything goes right. ( Guys progress and there are no serious injuries.

That is fine... your posting is well received, that is why we fans are here for...to listen... read and decide...

but I have to admit that you are correct about Joeys mechanics. They seemed better last night than at any time in training camp (by reports form FH memebrs and the media), as well as the game against the Jax..

Lounge Lion said:

Lion fan here.

First welcome to FH and thanks for your input...

Also we kind of realize what Joey's record has been...

All I can say is that they brought him in to "back up" DC, and NOT TO START...

Back
Top Bottom