Joey Harrington | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joey Harrington

I was interested in seeing the replys because when we traded for this guy i was so excited. I jumped on Finheaven and was really amazed by how ignorrant lots of fans are just trashing him like he couldnt be a #3

Joey has been great in his new surroundings. He will do great if we need him to. I have faith in him.

I agree with you about David Carr. He has had a swiss cheese line and it is pretty hard being a quality QB when you can't even drop back a step or two before you have the defense in your face.

To be totally honest with you I think Joey should get some reps with the real 1st teamers. Let's see what he has to offer.

Why give him a shot with the 1st teamers. What can it hurt especially in pre season. Hey I am not saying that Daunte isn't the guy, I hope he is even better than the Daunte of '04 but let's make sure we have the best man starting on Sept. 7

FIN FAN IN OHIO said:
Why give him a shot with the 1st teamers. What can it hurt especially in pre season. Hey I am not saying that Daunte isn't the guy, I hope he is even better than the Daunte of '04 but let's make sure we have the best man starting on Sept. 7

make sure we have the best man? haha. everyone is positive we have the best man.

jdprock said:
if Daunte starts off really slow(I dont think he will) Could Joey see some time on the field.

not unless by slow you mean gets hurt or throws 0 TDs and 10 INTs the first 4 games...

I don't think Saban would hesitate to play Joey "IF" things aren't going well but let's just hope Daunte is lights out this season.

Slappy8800 said:
just incase

just incase what?

you dont take valueable snaps away from Daunte getting rust off just incase he gets hurt and Joey has to take over. Joey worked alot with the first team OLine, thats good enough.

The Best Man

Again I am not saying for sure that Daunte isn't the man, God know I hope he is but I do think that Joey deserves at least a few series with the 1st teamers.

Yeah we lose something. CPepper has a stronger arm and much better throwing the rock on the run. Daunte has better accuracy on deep throws.

From what I saw of the TB game I think Harrington held his own. He did a good job handling the offense. His stats were average at best but considering he his playing with for the most part our 2nd or 3rd string offensive units nothing to be so concerned about in week of 2 of preseason. I like the chemisty he is developing with Gibson during the preseason - those nifty down the middle throws splitting the opposing D.

If CPepper goes down Harrington is the man. I feel he is an adequate qb that can do enough not to lose a game. The rest of the team would have to step up as well to compensate for CPepper being out due to an injury. Joey can do some things but sure can't carry an offense all by his lonesome.

Back
Top Bottom