Joey Harrington | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joey Harrington

Beachbum said:
Why ? Cuz he can play the piano really well and enjoys classical music ? He started playing when he was 5 years old, and liked it. He's good enough to have played with a couple of symphonies. That makes him weird ??? :rolleyes2
Actually I think he is more into Jazz piano and pop styles, he has appeared in concert with Blues Traveler, Jason Mraz, maybe Dave Matthews band, others. There are some photo's on his website. Joey ROCKS!! :guitar:

>> OBTW, he's a really weird dude, too.

How weird? He has given away a good chunk of the $8 Million he got from the Detroit Lions - through his foundation to help kids. He rented a warehouse and stocked it with food and supplies for Hurricane Katrina. He was voted Lions Man of the Year. He was nominated for the Whizzer White Award by other NFL players around the league.

clear.gif

Desides said:
I'm not saying Harrington isn't servicable, but his career performance is about on the level of Gus Frerotte.

but look at his talent. Look at how he throws the ball. His skills are leagues above what Gus could ever dream of being

DoggPhin said:
Actually I think he is more into Jazz piano and pop styles, he has appeared in concert with Blues Traveler, Jason Mraz, maybe Dave Matthews band, others. There are some photo's on his website. Joey ROCKS!! :guitar:

>> OBTW, he's a really weird dude, too.

How weird? He has given away a good chunk of the $8 Million he got from the Detroit Lions - through his foundation to help kids. He rented a warehouse and stocked it with food and supplies for Hurricane Katrina. He was voted Lions Man of the Year. He was nominated for the Whizzer White Award by other NFL players around the league.

http://www.joeyharrington3.com/photos/Donavan%20and%20Joey1.jpg
:D Good to hear, I have always liked Joey. I hope the best for him.

Funkymonks said:
but look at his talent. Look at how he throws the ball. His skills are leagues above what Gus could ever dream of being

He's throwing in preseason games against second- and third-string defenses.

Detroit or no Detroit, his regular-season performance isn't anything to write to the Hall of Fame about.

DoggPhin said:

http://www.joeyharrington3.com/photos/Donavan%20and%20Joey1.jpg[/quote]

He's a DORK.

http://footballguys.com/04update_63.htm

HE was the weak link in Detroit.

The reason he had to carry the weight of the team was because he is a QB. That's what QBs do in the WCO. They have to hit guys in stride. Joey couldn't. They have to be able to make plays when the primary option breaks down. Joey couldn't. Check back to all the 3 and outs the Lions had over the last few seasons. And his play fakes. Man, they SUCKED.

It was the offense that killed the Lions. And Joey was a big piece of that offense.

He has been and probably always will be the guy who has 55-57% completion, about 5.7ypa, and no respect from his teammates because he's such a dork.

If Miami can put a different spin on that and sucker some other team to take him next year or the one after that for more than they paid, good for them.

BTW, Duante Culpepper is an awesome QB. I'm glad like crazy he's out of the NFC North.

Lounge Lion said:
That was one of those games where all of the Lions sucked, not just Harrington. Mooch did not have them prepared on that night.
MOOCH - oh your great Coach who got fired... :sidelol:

Joey did suck in a few games... Other players sucked in other games. Your problem is, the TEAM sucked in nearly EVERY game! Whenever Joey was good, someone else was bad. Bunch of clowns and cry-babies ...Why do you suppose Big Daddy Wilkinson has joined Harrington here? Because these guys want to play for a winning TEAM. I can't wait to see them both slapping high fives in the playoffs.

BTW, if Joey was the main problem - then WHY did the Fans vote him Offensive Player Of The Year?? Because even with his problems - he was still better - than every other player - on that Offense!

clear.gif

I was alluding to his demeanor (sp) and ability to mesh with team mates.

Funkymonks said:

Gus played a year in Detroit. (since Detroit is such a hell hole for QBs)

Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT

175 288 60.8 2117 7.4 9 7

Joey was never anywhere near 60% passing nor was his ypa anywhere near 7.

If Joey's your QB and him and Big Daddy are slapping hands in the PO. That would be really groovy for you.

Desides said:
He's throwing in preseason games against second- and third-string defenses.

Detroit or no Detroit, his regular-season performance isn't anything to write to the Hall of Fame about.

All good points and all true but...new beginnings and fresh starts could be just what Harrington needs

DoggPhin said:
BTW, if Joey was the main problem - then WHY did the Fans vote him Offensive Player Of The Year?? Because even with his problems - he was still better - than every other player - on that Offense!

http://www.detroitlions.com/photos/Harrington_POY060112.jpg

Because the voting took place on the internet where it might be possible for those who really really like a player to vote more than once...

Lounge Lion said:
If Joey's your QB and him and Big Daddy are slapping hands in the PO. That would be really groovy for you.

you know, you aren't adding anything to the threads. All of your posts are to disrupt and you are trolling. We are on our way to bigger and better things and we are taking Joey with us whether you like it or not.

No, I became a member because of the Lady's Lounge. Just happen to have been through some frustrating years with Joey and thought I'd enlighten you to what's forthcoming.

Lounge Lion said:
No, I became a member because of the Lady's Lounge. Just happen to have been through some frustrating years with Joey and thought I'd enlighten you to what's forthcoming.

well, I find that to be very worthy..:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom