Joey Harrington | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joey Harrington

Desides said:
Yes, we do lose something. There's a reason why we pursued Culpepper as our first-string, and Harrington as our second-string. I'm not saying Harrington isn't servicable, but his career performance is about on the level of Gus Frerotte. I think we all agree that Culpepper is a serious upgrade over Frerotte.

Harrington does not = Gus Frerrote. Not yet any ways. Gus is clearly a backup and Harrington is coming from a losing situation with changing management every year. Harrington could become Gus, but the man has to have a chance with a winner before that can be said without argument. We have a really sweet situation at QB IMO especially with Lemon.

We would lose a lot if DC went especially if it was the playoffs. Harrington has never shown he's a gamer. The guy that can carry a team when there are breakdowns. Throughout his career he's put up Gus like numbers despite having way better physical skills. That's b/c he has way worse mental skills. Harrington just isn't the guy you want your team to depend on. I think he'll be perfect for our backup role, though. I think if he stays with us he'll be better than Gus by next year. Even better, I'm hoping some team is seduced by his passing ability and decides to make him their starter (preferrably in the AFC east) and over pays in a trade for him.

That's b/c he has way worse mental skills. Harrington just isn't the guy you want your team to depend on. I think he'll be perfect for our backup role, though.
Yep.

He's smart MF, but loses something when stressed.

To those avid dolphin fans that probably bet on the dolphins 16 games a year. would you bet against your dolphins if Joey had to come in and relieve daunte. I know that I would still be putting up my money with 100% confidence in Joey to stay right in stride with the rest of the team. I really believe he would be ready to step up and prove himself as a QB in this league, but I do wonder if he could produce if not in an offense that suits his game like I believe the dolphins do perfectly.

Lounge Lion said:
No, I became a member because of the Lady's Lounge. Just happen to have been through some frustrating years with Joey and thought I'd enlighten you to what's forthcoming.

Not a single aspect of the doomsday scenarios you're talking about will happen, for a variety of reasons. Harrington isn't the starter, our coaching and front-office management isn't incompetent and disarrayed, our players do their best to work together, and we aren't regarded as an NFL dead-end.

Your team's problems with Harrington had less to do with Harrington and more to do with an almost official policy of organizational insanity.

I know that I would still be putting up my money with 100% confidence in Joey to stay right in stride with the rest of the team.
You might win a $100 bet from time to time, but you'll never win a $1000 bet.

finfan54 said:
Harrington does not = Gus Frerrote. Not yet any ways. Gus is clearly a backup and Harrington is coming from a losing situation with changing management every year. Harrington could become Gus, but the man has to have a chance with a winner before that can be said without argument. We have a really sweet situation at QB IMO especially with Lemon.

I never said Harrington = Frerotte. I said Harrington's numbers are similar to Frerotte's, which negates the idea that Harrington is currently as potent a QB as Culpepper is--which was the entire idea behind the original post of this thread.

Context, please.

And for those posters saying that he was behind on his throws in last nights game. You obviously tuned in to the wrong channel the only two passes that looked behind was to Hagan for 12yds and the one that Vick seemed to wrong the wrong route, but im sure that was Joeys fault to anybody of whom has too much pride to say a guy they dislike plays well.

How do you figure I can win a $100 bet and not a $1000 dollar bet that would depend on what I bet wouldnt it. Explain your concept instead of just spitting a blurp.

Your team's problems with Harrington had less to do with Harrington and more to do with an almost official policy of organizational insanity.
Lots o problems. No doubt. But to say Harrington wasn't a big part is ludicrous.

Listen y'all: I wish Harrington well, and except for the TG game, I hope he plays and does great, but he just doesn't have it in him. You know, kind of like Cade McNown for the Bears.

jdprock said:
To those avid dolphin fans that probably bet on the dolphins 16 games a year. would you bet against your dolphins if Joey had to come in and relieve daunte. I know that I would still be putting up my money with 100% confidence in Joey to stay right in stride with the rest of the team. I really believe he would be ready to step up and prove himself as a QB in this league, but I do wonder if he could produce if not in an offense that suits his game like I believe the dolphins do perfectly.

I don't bet on games very often except for an office pool at work, but if it was a team adept at bringing pressure I wouldn't be confident. For example, I'll pick Miami to win against Pitt in the opener if DC starts. I probably wouldn't if Harrington starts.

But how does that make it go from 100 to 1000 does he know what i am betting on him. He must be as freaky smart as everybody seems to think

Lounge Lion said:
Lots o problems. No doubt. But to say Harrington wasn't a big part is ludicrous.

Except, it isn't. Basically what happened in Detroit is that Harrington was drafted with huge expectations. He couldn't live up to them because of institutionalized stupidity, constant instability (3 coaches in 4 years), and a barely-mediocre team. So he started catching flak for things that weren't his fault, because the quarterback is emblematic of a team, good or bad. Eventually he wanted out.

In three years we'll start hearing stories about how Lions fans keep trashing Kitna--assuming he's still there.

I dont think Daunte can be any better than joey in the first game they are both coming off bad things. I do understand that Daunte is proven. I think this offense fits both Qbs perfectly. They can throw laser balls and unlike the unproven WRs in detroit they shouldnt drop everything including passes a little behind that is part of the game and sometimes part of the rooute. Remember the WRs and TEs make QBs look good to

Back
Top Bottom