Joey Harrington | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joey Harrington

BrazForPhins said:
oh god. This thread makes me think how great it is to have a coach who gets enough talent into a position to generate a discussion like this one.

Harrington is playing much more than Daunte, and he's been showcased. One deep TD from Culpepper to Chambers and all the questions are over.

haha yeah man, cant wait for that to happen

I've been impressed with the way the Joey has looked thus far. I think its a valid point about him being in the NFL-hell hole that is Detroit compared to what he's got here. He looks more relaxed, comfortable, and just flat out happier...you can see it it him in interviews and what-not.

Although I wouldn't be very happy about Daunte going down for any significant amount of time...i am pretty confident in Harrington at this point.

Obviously you need your whole team to win. I would think y'all, having watch DM all those years, would understand that the QB can step up his game, making those around him better. When I say win a game by himself, you could've extrapolated that to mean 'willed his team to win' or 'placed the team on his shoulders'. I've learned that I have to be very literal in this forum.

See ya on TG.

rafael said:
I don't bet on games very often except for an office pool at work, but if it was a team adept at bringing pressure I wouldn't be confident. For example, I'll pick Miami to win against Pitt in the opener if DC starts. I probably wouldn't if Harrington starts.

Personally I NEVER bet when it concerns the Dolphins. It might sound silly to some but its about karma. Don't bet on your team (and blashpemy if you bet vs. them!!!). I've bet before but my heart would always win over my wallet and brains regardless of the situation when it comes to our Fins!

Lots of good stuff on this thread....

I got to watch the TB game and I thought Joey looked great, but the best is still to come. It was clear to me that he wasn't quite 100% on the same page as his receivers. I was encouraged by how much time he got to throw, a factor that was severely lacking for him in Detroit.

A lot of people are bringing up the comparison with Daunte. To me, Daunte is just as unproven in his current condition as Joey. We just don't know how he will do without his former scrambling ability and without Randy Moss to loft the ball to. He's going to have to make some plays, and I have yet to see him really doing it in the pre-season. That was a nice TD pass, but most of the time Daunte stunk up the joint in this last game. You have to be honest: Joey looked at least as good and probably better.

A lot of people say that Joey is a great pre-season QB. Well that is true, but remember this: Joey always had the full complement of players in the pre-season, and then by the time the season started, his receivers always got injured. Specifically, Charles Rogers comes to mind, but Roy Williams had frequent injuries as well, and so did Az Hakim. The Lions are the only team I have ever seen that had to start two different practice squad guys at WR in the same season (David Kircus and Scottie Vines). That means they went through like 5 or 6 guys and had to raid the practice squad. That is pathetic. Whoever said those receivers didn't get separation was absolutely on the money. Couple this with an incredibly predictable offense, and Joey was hamstrung before he ever begun.

I tend to think that Daunte will be the starter unless he gets injured, but I also think that he had better not get injured for long, or HE might be the trade bait, not Joey. Also, I would pay a lot of $$$ to see Joey start at Ford field this Thanksgiving. Wouldn't it be interesting if Saban let him start that game even with a healthy Culpepper?

Mr. Day said:
Yes we lose a lot. We lose a lot of games if Joey is the full time quarterback.
if joey starts the ronnie better be ready to earn his millions!!! seriously joey is a serviceable enough back up,Id rater have joey starting fo us than gus aj or that that fumble butt fiedler for gods sake:shakeno:

Phalanx said:
Lots of good stuff on this thread....

I got to watch the TB game and I thought Joey looked great, but the best is still to come. It was clear to me that he wasn't quite 100% on the same page as his receivers. I was encouraged by how much time he got to throw, a factor that was severely lacking for him in Detroit.

A lot of people are bringing up the comparison with Daunte. To me, Daunte is just as unproven in his current condition as Joey. We just don't know how he will do without his former scrambling ability and without Randy Moss to loft the ball to. He's going to have to make some plays, and I have yet to see him really doing it in the pre-season. That was a nice TD pass, but most of the time Daunte stunk up the joint in this last game. You have to be honest: Joey looked at least as good and probably better.

A lot of people say that Joey is a great pre-season QB. Well that is true, but remember this: Joey always had the full complement of players in the pre-season, and then by the time the season started, his receivers always got injured. Specifically, Charles Rogers comes to mind, but Roy Williams had frequent injuries as well, and so did Az Hakim. The Lions are the only team I have ever seen that had to start two different practice squad guys at WR in the same season (David Kircus and Scottie Vines). That means they went through like 5 or 6 guys and had to raid the practice squad. That is pathetic. Whoever said those receivers didn't get separation was absolutely on the money. Couple this with an incredibly predictable offense, and Joey was hamstrung before he ever begun.

I tend to think that Daunte will be the starter unless he gets injured, but I also think that he had better not get injured for long, or HE might be the trade bait, not Joey. Also, I would pay a lot of $$$ to see Joey start at Ford field this Thanksgiving. Wouldn't it be interesting if Saban let him start that game even with a healthy Culpepper?

What game were you watching?.. Daunte went 7/9 for 89yds while Joey went 8/15 for 81... Daunte is was and always will be better than Harrington.. Harrington is a good QB yes, but Daunte is a QB who can take us to the next level... those statements are absurd to say the very least...

paskerbrandon said:
What game were you watching?.. Daunte went 7/9 for 89yds while Joey went 8/15 for 81... Daunte is was and always will be better than Harrington.. Harrington is a good QB yes, but Daunte is a QB who can take us to the next level... those statements are absurd to say the very least...

joeys wr also dropped 3-4 passes

paskerbrandon said:

I'm really not interested in a recitation of the stats. Joey was spiking the ball to stop the clock, and he was throwing long to try and get a quick score. Daunte was running for his life most of the time, got sacked for big losses twice, fumbled once and was lucky to recover, and the only reason his stats looked so good is that Ronnie Brown would get 15 yards on a little dump-off on third and 20. That happened twice. Until the last drive, Daunte was not moving the ball at all. Anyone who was watching the game and not the stat sheet could see that Joey was the best qb on the field for that game. It may not be that way when Daunte is at full strength, but this week, Joey was the man.

Harrington looks like he's getting more comfortable. Game by game, he's improved, and that's all we're expecting this time of year. He should be ready in case of emergency once the season starts, and he should prove to be a decent addition to this team when all is said and done.....

I like Harrington, and he now has a very good chance to rebound his career with us....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

You know...I would have been happy with JUST Harrington, I mean dont get me wrong, I am exstatic that Daunte is here, but Harrington is a much better QB then he gets credit for being, and he's an improvement over what we have had. Even though Gus wasn't so bad. But any QB with the last name that started with F......:tantrum:

Back
Top Bottom