John Clayton on ESPN Radio | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton on ESPN Radio

ncdolfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Tonight on ESPN Radio, here's how Clayton sees the QB dominoes falling (not that Clayton is always accurate):

Brunell: Sees Brunell as a Redskin - thinks Jaguars and Skins have already agreed on 3rd round pick as compensation. Also thinks Brunell is comfortable with Gibbs and dollars are right (in Brunell's eyes).

Ramsey: Once Skins sign Brunell, Clayton thinks Ramsey will be demanding trade. Clayton sees Ramsey being successful in getting traded and thinks Miami will be likely suitor since Dolphins he thinks will give up first round pick for Ramsey.

Henson: Thinks most likely destinations are Packers, Chiefs, or Bills. Clayton did not mention Dolphins in the Henson equation (of course, he had already given Ramsey to the Dolphins above). Thinks if Henson makes to the draft that he will be fighting Rivers for the 3rd quarterback taken - thinks Henson could go mid-first round after last week's workout.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
that'd be hilarious if the fins got rid of their first rounder again

Yeah, since it was SUCH a bad decision last time... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Rick 1966

Yeah, since it was SUCH a bad decision last time... :rolleyes:
That's what's weird...2 straight playoff years with Lamar Smith, jack**** with Ricky.

that'd be hilarious if the fins got rid of their first rounder again

Wouldn't it be the same as drafting a QB with that pick anyway?? :confused:

I want to see what Buffalo does with their first round pick. The last two have turned out stellar. A QB you're looking to replace and a RB who has yet to even suit up. :clap:

Originally posted by Muck

Wouldn't it be the same as drafting a QB with that pick anyway?? :confused:
age-wise no...I think Ramsey would be a good pickup, but not with that oline

Back on topic, whether or not Clayton is accurate here really isn't relevant. It's virtually impossible to be at this point. But it's fun nonetheless. Honestly, what he forsees really isn't all that far fetched. Alot can happen in the month of March.

age-wise no...I think Ramsey would be a good pickup, but not with that oline

Ramsey just turned 25 yesterday. So he's not that old. Where it evens out is experience. Rivers, Henson, whomever is going to have to sit a bit. Then they have to get comfortable. Ramsey is beyond that. He's ready to play at a high level right now.

But the OL will definitely be addressed. We have no other choice. I think free agency will be the arena we use to address that.

Originally posted by Muck
I want to see what Buffalo does with their first round pick. The last two have turned out stellar. A QB you're looking to replace and a RB who has yet to even suit up. :clap:
Bledsoe is a stud, just had an awful year which was a product of horrid coaching...and McGahee could be awful, or great..we'll see. Drew will bounce back big time cause Wyche is working with him, and McNally with the o-line...and as Mularkey has said, we will run it down team's throats.

Originally posted by Noland
We need to keep our 1st round pick even if it means draft a WR.
(in the voice of the old knight), "You have chosen...WISELY."

I agree Noland, that'd be a smarter play for Miami

Bledsoe is a stud, just had an awful year which was a product of horrid coaching...and McGahee could be awful, or great..we'll see. Drew will bounce back big time cause Wyche is working with him, and McNally with the o-line...and as Mularkey has said, we will run it down team's throats.

Bledsoe needs an OL. The older he gets, the more statuesque he gets. And he's 32.

Drew's got a gun. But he's got to make better decisions down the stretch. And he can't get flustered.

Back
Top Bottom