John Clayton on ESPN Radio | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton on ESPN Radio

STATS Inc's homepage has sortable, searchable stats now but its limited. I dont have it on me just search on yahoo for their website

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
That's what's weird...2 straight playoff years with Lamar Smith, jack**** with Ricky.

Those 2 years you are talking about our o-line was a lot better with Webb, Donnaly, and Dixon and Ruddy were healthy. We also had the same starting QB for every game except 1 in those 2 years while our starter has missed 9 games in the past 2 years no matter how maligned he is. You also have to look at our defense was in their prime for thoose years. Zach was healthy, Bowens and Gardner were dominant and played almost every game, and our corners were still in their prime. Ricky is not the only factor here.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Brian Griese has one of the weakest arms among starting NFL QBs. Jay Fiedler's arm is stronger than Griese's. The fact that you think that Hasselbeck outperformed Ramsey, and that Griese is a Drew Bledsoe replica, pretty much discredits your ENTIRE post, IMO.

When I said Hasselbeck had more success, I was talking in particular to that game against the Dolphins. I know Ramsey only had 2 series, but he couldn't do a thing against the Dolphin D, then Hasselbeck came in and put points on the board right away.

Nowhere in my post did I say Griese is a Bledsoe replica. I said he's got a good arm, but he sits too long with the ball. If you've ever read any of the Redskins boards, that's what they're also saying about Ramsey.

And for you to suggest that Fiedler has a stronger arm than Griese says alot about your credibility. I happen to think Fiedler is the better overall QB for Miami's system than Griese, but Griese's passes have more velocity on them than Fiedler's do.

That's what's weird...2 straight playoff years with Lamar Smith, jack**** with Ricky.

And I am sure that's the reason they missed the playoffs, getting Ricky, right? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Noland
I just wish there was some way we could trade up in the draft to get Rivers. It would be cool to trade Ogun for a better pick to get Rivers and the 20th get a WR that would be the bomb.

All this talk of QB and WR is nifty and all...but unless there's MAJOR overhaul of the O-line, none of it will matter. And with our picks and cap situation, I just don't see us being able to seriously upgrade 3-4 guys on the O-line.

As for the Hasselback talk I would hope to that our QB would be halfway decent with 2 very good WR's (still good even if they drop the ball), a solid #3 WR, a very good RB, a great left tackle with a great LG in Steve Hutchinson and a very solid right side.

Bledsoe a stud? yeah 5 years ago. He is a good qb who you gave a 1st round pick to obtain and he as less than 5 good left. So basically you admit that the bledsoe trade was horrible if the 20th pick for Ramsey is bad.

this upcoming season is ramseys third in teh league, Bledsoe played for ten when he was traded. Talk about contradictions, that is clear hypocrisy at work, LMAO!

age-wise no...I think Ramsey would be a good pickup, but not with that oline

ours is still better than yours.:D

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm starting to think less and less that Ramsey is ready to win this year. He's got some learning to do still. I'm lookin at his stuff on STATS Inc. He's not in the Top 20 league wise in most any of the good categories, and he's got a high percentage of "poor passes" per attempt...a lot like Fiedler this season.

He's shown potential but he's got a lot to learn before he puts it together IMO. Gibbs isn't stupid, he's won 3 super bowls for cryin out loud. He doesn't think Ramsey is ready this year either.

Ramsey, like Rivers and Henson, would be more of a future prospect but Ramsey can actually start and do semi-well this year whereas its not a good idea to start rookie Rivers or Henson

Don't forget the skins had a worse o-line then we did !!(If possible) and no RB!!

that'd be hilarious if the fins got rid of their first rounder again

Yeah right :rolleyes2... I wonder if the Dolphins can find a r-b that recently had an "acl" injury, draft him #1 and HOPE that he is close to 90% of what he was in college .......

:shakeno:

Marino1983

Originally posted by Marino1983

Yeah right :rolleyes2... I wonder if the Dolphins can find a r-b that recently had an "acl" injury, draft him #1 and HOPE that he is close to 90% of what he was in college .......

:shakeno:

Marino1983
other rb's have come back from serious injuries, so he could too. Hard not to take a chance on a guy, who in pre-injury form, rushed for over 1700 yards and 28tds in 11 games...that and the fact that recent UM running backs have been insane..(James, Portis)..and others are good(Jackson, Davenport).

Originally posted by relive1972

And for you to suggest that Fiedler has a stronger arm than Griese says alot about your credibility. I happen to think Fiedler is the better overall QB for Miami's system than Griese, but Griese's passes have more velocity on them than Fiedler's do.

It's funny but when I first read CK's responce about Griese's arm he gained even more credability with me!

Some Qb's have more velocity than others when it comes to balls thrown around 20 yards, but then you make them throw a long pass, and it dies....

I've seen it up close and personal. Griese is more accurate on a longer throw, but it is a FACT that Fiedler can throw it farther, but the spirals are different. Griese throws a much easier pass to catch

other rb's have come back from serious injuries, so he could too. Hard not to take a chance on a guy, who in pre-injury form, rushed for over 1700 yards and 28tds in 11 games...that and the fact that recent UM running backs have been insane..(James, Portis)..and others are good(Jackson, Davenport).

Ah, so it's okay to spend a first rounder on a RB who MIGHT NEVER PLAY FOR YOU, simply because he MIGHT be good, but it's NOT okay to spend two firsts on a sure superstar stud RB who's already proven?
I know who you are now, CirclingTheDrain...you're the REAL Bills' GM! :D

Ramsey had a broken foot when he faced us. He'd been playing on it for over a month. Also had a broken finger he suffered only a few weeks prior. Dude was beat to hell. They debated on whether or not he'd even play.

Back
Top Bottom