John Clayton: Where Ricky is/Ty Law | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton: Where Ricky is/Ty Law

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Clayton: He's in Boston and this week he is expected to be in Miami

Has to take first drug test....we'll see in the next 7 days...

already has a trainer and workout facility, and an apartment set up...

Ty will continue to wait, but Miami, Jax, TB (how strange, all three FL teams) all offering minimum right now

Thanks for the news.

Looks like we are still in the running for Law.

yea just heard it, if law takes the vet min it will be with us! the longer it goes the better are chances!

I think Law will go to a contender because of the bonuses he could earn in lieu of a long term contract which he probably cant get right now..My guess is KC.

Do you guys think if Ty Law signs with us that our worries are over at CB?

Imo that will be the final missing piece in the secondary. At saftey I think we are O.K.

I'm not sure if he will go to a contender. He has already won Super Bowls. I think money will be the biggest thing and he will want to go to a city he likes. Tate, do you think if Law countered with a contract above vet's min but still pretty reasonable, Miami would still want to sign him?

Trackstar said:

Imo that will be the final missing piece in the secondary. At saftey I think we are O.K.

Tillman and we're okay... :shakeno: I'm hoping Y. Bell continues his growth.

Trackstar said:

Unless we wait to see if he's fully healed before we sign him, I don't think you can say our worries are over at CB. We still don't know what kind of player he'll be when he comes back.

Depends on his foot. Who knows how much he has left in the tank. If he returns to form, or pretty close to, we will have a very competent secondary even with our question marks at safety.

Man I hope we get Ty Law. And on a similar note...Does anyone remember last year when things weren't going so well, the inordinate amounting of bashing of Sam Madison certain people on this message board did. It's just find it rather amusing that he is one of the few people on the team that has their position for next year cemented. All the other cornerbacks are competing to start opposite him. At no time has there been any mention of anyone challenging Sam for his starting position. He's been my favorite player since Marino retired.

MDFINFAN said:
Tillman and we're okay... :shakeno: I'm hoping Y. Bell continues his growth.

Well, I was thinking more of Tebucky Jones and Atari. Maybe even Bua. But that's a stretch.

dolphan98 said:
I'm not sure if he will go to a contender. He has already won Super Bowls. I think money will be the biggest thing and he will want to go to a city he likes. Tate, do you think if Law countered with a contract above vet's min but still pretty reasonable, Miami would still want to sign him?

We'll see what happens after we sign Brown, the other picks, and possibly manuel wright if we draft him....

that will determine if we have money to spend other than the minimum...i still dont see saban going that much more than the minimum, but we shall see..

Saban Likes Tillman. Hence why he was one of our very early acquisitions.

Trackstar said:

Man wouldn't that be the icing on the cake, but there's a reason no one wants to give him more then the Vet minimum.

Back
Top Bottom