John Denney Back?

Ruckus45

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
If it's not broke don't fix it. He's solid, understands the position, and can cook minute rice in 58 seconds. Glad he will be back .

1 dol fan

Super Donator
Reaction score
I am a fan of Denney. but, at what point do you make a change? Sign a young option that actually can make it down the field and get in the returners way at least?
I can think of a least two plays where Denney made a play before the rest of the unit could make it down field. He can still run.

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I can think of a least two plays where Denney made a play before the rest of the unit could make it down field. He can still run.
Yep. He’s one of the best in the business at his job. I always say too bad he wasn’t with us in 1994. He doesn’t **** up that snap on the FG try to beat SD and advance to the title game.

Last edited:

DKphin

Super Duper Club
Reaction score

claytonduper

Starter
Reaction score
I respect and appreciated Denny's tenure with the Dolphins, but if we are tanking in 2019 why not bring in his replacement so that he may learn and "take his lumps" with the team.

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
If we want to tank, we don’t need a different LS - just tell Denney to send a bunch of balls over the punter and kickers heads from time to time.

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Here is the thing:

The NFL has a veteran minimum salary benefit which lowers the cap hit significantly for a player like Denney and makes him more attractive to teams. So while Miami may pay him a $1 million this year, the cap hit will likely be around $650k or so. This was a player/team benefit negotiated in the last collective bargaining agreement.

A UDFA is gonna cost $600k and tht comes with 0 experience on Sundays.

Miami will ride out Denney as long as A. He still wants to play and B. His play does not fall off a cliff.

opticblazed

Scout Team
Reaction score
So we are still making sentimental signings. I know it's cheap but just feels wrong for the direction of the team. I'm a nitpicker, we best not re-sign Wake or Gore.
Damn man where is your heart. That's the goat of long snapping. He should be signed to a life time contract. It's not like he sucks, and it's a very cheap signing

Top Bottom