Johnathan Hankins - signed for Colts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Johnathan Hankins - signed for Colts

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-top-available-free-agent-johnathan-hankins/

Giants defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins is the best free agent still available in the NFL, and there has been surprisingly little talk of teams showing interest.
Hankins is the No. 49 player in our Free Agent Hot 100, making him the only player in the Top 50 still unsigned, and one of just 13 available in the Top 100. So why isn’t there any interest?
He may have priced himself out of the market. A report in the first days of free agency that he was asking for more than $10 million a year could have led teams to turn elsewhere until Hankins lowers his asking price. The one-year, $8 million contracts signed by free agent defensive tackles Dontari Poe and Bennie Logan indicate that teams just aren’t looking to spend that kind of money at that position.

Do you think the Dolphins are still interested or have they moved on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hankins would be such a huge get right before the draft. I believe Miami has about $16 million in salary cap money so they could make it work and still have enough to sign draft picks....not at $10 million per year, but I'd go $8.

I don't think we are in the same ballpark when it comes to price. And this far along, there is even less money than when we probably first talked with his agent. So until he realizes he's now going to have to settle for even less than the original deals he balked at, I don't think we are a likely landing spot. I think he's more likely to go to a team with more cap room. Someone will probably offer him a fair bit more than we can afford at this point. I'd be tickled to be wrong though. IMO DT is our thinnest position right now.

Im still going with the opinion of an eventual resign with the Giants.

Hankins would be such a huge get right before the draft. I believe Miami has about $16 million in salary cap money so they could make it work and still have enough to sign draft picks....not at $10 million per year, but I'd go $8.

Miami does not want to spend all of their cap. They restructured Suh last year to give themselves cap flexibility . . . that does not mean they want to use it all up. It is why they have a certain price on a guy and they are taking a hard stance on that price.

This would be one of the best signings in our history he is 24 and has two big contracts at his age

I don't really think they want this guy, period. if they did, they could've sign him into a 5mil, 2 mll signng bonus and other bonuses totalling 8-10mill for a year. I heard the guy has hot and cold motor.

Kdawg954 said:
Miami does not want to spend all of their cap. They restructured Suh last year to give themselves cap flexibility . . . that does not mean they want to use it all up. It is why they have a certain price on a guy and they are taking a hard stance on that price.

What are they going to use it on...if not players that can help the team?

We have $16 million...less $5 million for draft picks. That leaves us with roughly $11 million.

What and who are we saving for...Landry maybe?

Still no deal for top available free agent Johnathan Hankins

What are they going to use it on...if not players that can help the team?

We have $16 million...less $5 million for draft picks. That leaves us with roughly $11 million.

What and who are we saving for...Landry maybe?
Could be brother, as well as leaving money to sign players through the year due to injury and to carry some to next year.

Im still going with the opinion of an eventual resign with the Giants.

Agreed... I'd still like to see us bring him in though. Need more talent in the DT department and we can cross it off the draft list. Just dont see it though

Wouldn't a one year deal be the same as carry over cap space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have about $20M in cap space.

He' said had a standing offer from the giants the whole FA period. He can take their multi year deal any time. He just wants more. Plus his agents haven't been helpful. Keeping his price high no matter what. Who knows, he may eventually get close to what he wants, just not in Miami, unless we have a big change of heart. If we draft a good DT, then he's out of sight and mind.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Could be brother, as well as leaving money to sign players through the year due to injury and to carry some to next year.

What purpose does the practice squad serve?:idk:

Back
Top Bottom