Jonathan Martin speaks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonathan Martin speaks

The dolphins oline theme song -Afroman Because I Got High.
I should have blocked for the qb but I got high, I should have made that run block but I got high.
Shouldn't have touched that girl with that Gold Club but I got High.
I shouldn't have walked out on the team but I got High.
I should have coached the line but I got high

That's not how it goes, man. :lol:

"Because I Got High" (Jonathan Martin, courtesy of Fail Wreckwords)
I was gonna make a reach block, but then I got high
I was gonna work all around the clock, but then I got high
Now all my blocking's on twitter, and I know why (hey hey)
Because I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high

It's hard to imagine another team picking up this piece of garbage.

The dolphins oline theme song -Afroman Because I Got High.
I should have blocked for the qb but I got high, I should have made that run block but I got high.
Shouldn't have touched that girl with that Gold Club but I got High.
I shouldn't have walked out on the team but I got High.
I should have coached the line but I got high

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Martin is immature and mentally unstable, just glad he found a similar person to hang out with in Incgnito

Dlockz - what do you think of the theory that the no snitching excuse was prevalent because of the drugs? Martin may have been a bit weak, but the flipping out behavior in the cafeteria was actually an overreaction because of the drugs. Martin may have been like many other players and smoked marijuana, but the influence of others got him into trying hard drugs like "molly", which I understand is like ecstasy. It appears that Jonathan was already suffering from depression and was probably on an anti-depressant, but who knows what the combination of that with the molly could cause.
The simple mindset around here is that Martin is a snake who planned the episode to exploit it with a big payout with his Manager and Mom. What if the bigger issue was not the bullying, but the hard drug culture that certain teammates embraced and he got corrupted and couldn't deal with it. For a long time I couldn't understand why Martin couldn't simply talk to Philbin about the bullying, to explain that there was a problem. But what if the real problem were the drugs and Incognito/Pouncey were the enforcers of the "no snitching" but it was more about the drugs.
At any rate, after reading the texts I am pretty shocked by the culture that pervaded these players. Pouncey, for all his talent, is probably on thin ice. I'm still of the view that Jake Long was a natural leader and was probably better at keeping meatheads in check, but when he left, the meatheads were in total control.
We are going to "clean house" the O-line with new players from Free Agency and the Draft, but we need someone to have the strength of character to be a good leader (and he mightn't be the best player).

Profound.

It sounds like he's suffering from "Ricky Williams Syndrome," where one smokes pot, starts thinking deeply, and can't function anymore.

Profound.

It sounds like he's suffering from "Ricky Williams Syndrome," where one smokes pot, starts thinking deeply, and can't function anymore.

Ricky Williams was a lot more talented and smarter. Even lesser skilled statisticians than yourself could generate the numbers to support that. It should also be remembered that Ricky confronted his demons and had the strength of character and talent to overcome his addiction and make a big contribution over a long period of time. Ricky was a great player. I am interested to hear how he goes as a RB Coach at the small college. He may be set for bigger coaching opportunities.

Dlockz - what do you think of the theory that the no snitching excuse was prevalent because of the drugs? Martin may have been a bit weak, but the flipping out behavior in the cafeteria was actually an overreaction because of the drugs. Martin may have been like many other players and smoked marijuana, but the influence of others got him into trying hard drugs like "molly", which I understand is like ecstasy. It appears that Jonathan was already suffering from depression and was probably on an anti-depressant, but who knows what the combination of that with the molly could cause.
The simple mindset around here is that Martin is a snake who planned the episode to exploit it with a big payout with his Manager and Mom. What if the bigger issue was not the bullying, but the hard drug culture that certain teammates embraced and he got corrupted and couldn't deal with it. For a long time I couldn't understand why Martin couldn't simply talk to Philbin about the bullying, to explain that there was a problem. But what if the real problem were the drugs and Incognito/Pouncey were the enforcers of the "no snitching" but it was more about the drugs.
At any rate, after reading the texts I am pretty shocked by the culture that pervaded these players. Pouncey, for all his talent, is probably on thin ice. I'm still of the view that Jake Long was a natural leader and was probably better at keeping meatheads in check, but when he left, the meatheads were in total control.
We are going to "clean house" the O-line with new players from Free Agency and the Draft, but we need someone to have the strength of character to be a good leader (and he mightn't be the best player).

Anything is possible but this convoluted theory that this was some grand legal plan to make a ton of money is beyond silly. Martin was still going to make money with us and had to realize when we traded for Mckinnie that Mckinnie cannot play RT. The mCkinnie move was based on they knew Martin could plat RT and getting Clabo the hell off the field. I think the drugs is a pretty big issue here and probably bigger in the nfl than they want to believe. My issue with this big payout idea is you have to show a reason u will be financially hurt. Martin is free to play elsewhere and some team will pick him up. He is still a potentially good player that I wish didn't lose his damn mind. I don't think Martin is a snake , I just think he has mental issues and im sure taking drugs with delta house didn't help. Its funny how people want to use the texts against Martin but want to ignore the drug references lol. Screw this no snitching or protecting the juvenile locker room behavior, in reality this needs to be fixed but there is something deeper. Martin and Incognito still seemed to communicate and care about each other, something is seriously wrong with MArtin.
The dolphin organization really needs to investigate their team as well as the rest of the nfl because Im sure we are not the only team like this.

Anything is possible but this convoluted theory that this was some grand legal plan to make a ton of money is beyond silly. Martin was still going to make money with us and had to realize when we traded for Mckinnie that Mckinnie cannot play RT. The mCkinnie move was based on they knew Martin could plat RT and getting Clabo the hell off the field. I think the drugs is a pretty big issue here and probably bigger in the nfl than they want to believe. My issue with this big payout idea is you have to show a reason u will be financially hurt. Martin is free to play elsewhere and some team will pick him up. He is still a potentially good player that I wish didn't lose his damn mind. I don't think Martin is a snake , I just think he has mental issues and im sure taking drugs with delta house didn't help. Its funny how people want to use the texts against Martin but want to ignore the drug references lol. Screw this no snitching or protecting the juvenile locker room behavior, in reality this needs to be fixed but there is something deeper. Martin and Incognito still seemed to communicate and care about each other, something is seriously wrong with MArtin.
The dolphin organization really needs to investigate their team as well as the rest of the nfl because Im sure we are not the only team like this.

I think that is why this other committee has been formed. The one with Jason Taylor, Curtis Martin and others are on. When it was formed we were only thinking about the bullying allegations. Maybe Ross was perceptive enough or received information that a number of players were into hard drugs and that it was becoming a problem. (Don't forget that we have security people monitoring some things). The references to molly were the can of worms in this whole mess that I didn't expect. It's probably better that it has now surfaced and will be addressed. I don't buy the story molly and mary jane were just girl's names.

[/I][/B]
I think that is why this other committee has been formed. The one with Jason Taylor, Curtis Martin and others are on. When it was formed we were only thinking about the bullying allegations. Maybe Ross was perceptive enough or received information that a number of players were into hard drugs and that it was becoming a problem. (Don't forget that we have security people monitoring some things). The references to molly were the can of worms in this whole mess that I didn't expect. It's probably better that it has now surfaced and will be addressed. I don't buy the story molly and mary jane were just girl's names.

nobody buys that just people making more excuses

If you're a lazy and inbred-conniving lout with the backbone of a jellyfish, if you can create a public hissyfit and bogus overnight local mental facility layover on your way back home to Mommy puppeteer, and then out of a 1000 texts, conveniently release the very few that suggest being a victim of hot-issues bullying and racism - then you know that the team you're purposely screwing over damn well better keep paying you for doing nothing, with an eye towards an employment harassment lawsuit possibility targeting the deepest pockets either individually or as a class action if the self-anointed arbiters of propriety remain gullible

LOL, you and this no snitching lol. The locker room does not need to be fixed, that is not the problem. Your focus is in the wrong area. Now I agree with you the drug use is a problem, and likely enhanced Martin's paranoia. When players see a real serious problem, they usually do report it. But the players are just ordinary people trying to help each other out. The players vent in the locker room, and then they try to help each other out. If that does not work, then it goes to the position coach and he tries to handle it, then the head coach and so on (it does not go to the media because they can not fix but make it worse). This is a business full of different people with different problems, that have to get to know each other personally. This is not the office, you do not share rooms with your co worker in the office like summer camp, eat dinner, breakfast, lunch and have to watch each other. Everyone have their weird habits and each of them have to accept each other quirks. Its like a family and thats why you hear the term family all the time. When a player is late for practice or over slept, its your teammates that usually get yo butt out of the bed like a big brother. They see and know things about each other and there has to be a level of trust, that we all have other best interest at hand. Martin lost that TRUST.

The players said they did not see anything extremely out of place that needed to be reported in Martin. The players and Martin himself confirmed that he did not speak with anyone in the organization about his problems specifically. So if he did not express himself or showed any alarming signs no one could of helped him. What should of happened is Martin should of spoke with the position coach or a team counselor or even both depending on what exactly was his problem, the team would of gotten him help. Even when he walked out, if he would of taken a couple of days and then spoke with the team on his problems he could of gotten help. But he turned his back on his teammates and his job and went to lawyers who about money, and the media who is about creating social Chaos! Going to the media (twitter, facebook included) is a problem we have in our society. Instead of helping each other out or getting help, we our video recording our problems, posting and blasting it to the world to see so we can laugh or have embarrassment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom