Jonnu Smith visits Miami | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonnu Smith visits Miami

Never lived up to his potential.

Get ready for the #ThemeOfThisOffseason

I mocked NE when they overspent a fortune in free agency and only got matthew judon and a bunch of nothing (including Cunter Henry and Jonnu Smith).

Cunter was clearly the much better player of the two (both of them playing with no QB - Mac Jones).

So, meh.

I really like Jonnu Smith, I don't think he's had a fair chance since his Tennesee days. Bad QB after bad QB. Really good signing for Miami. I was pissed when he went to NE.

Best receiving threat since Gesicki, and a fit for McDaniel's offense?

Not right at all. Gesicki was a productive pass catcher (and terrible blocker) under Flores, but McDaniel wanted to make him block and rarely threw it to him. I'm not saying Smith isn't a good TE, I'm saying that McDaniel pretty much ignores the TE in the passing game. He focuses on Hill and Waddle, and the rest just get leftovers. Hill could be double-covered, and they'll still throw the ball to him.
What are you talking about?

McDaniel made him a slot WR...

I swear to the heavens FH, don't tempt me...

See entire career and report back.
Yup, I have. He was up and coming with Tennessee in a run first offense with AJ Brown. Went to NE with Hunter Henry with Mac Jones and ATL. He has a ton of upside considering what we sign him for. Very athletic.

Yup, I have. He was up and coming with Tennessee in a run first offense with AJ Brown. Went to NE with Hunter Henry with Mac Jones and ATL. He has a ton of upside considering what we sign him for. Very athletic.
And he's always been the "potential" guy and never put together, exactly.

Hence the reason he's looking for his 4th team in as many years.

I agree he has potential. Especially if there is a focus on using him and with our weapons on the outside clearing the way.

Will be interesting to see what McD does with him.....

That would be perfect if Miami had a smart playcaller who would use ALL of his weapons.

Playcalling wasn't an issue before injuries resulting in the line only being able to keep a clean pocket for 2.1secs.

Less time,less progressions, less options. Which players are more likely to get open in less then 2 seconds?

Back
Top Bottom