Jonnu Smith visits Miami | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonnu Smith visits Miami

Threads like this make it easy to tell who watches the NFL and who just watches the Dolphins.

I’ve been against drafting a receiver because of the need at TE until now.

Can you imagine an offense with Hill, Waddle, Jonnu, Mostert, Achane, and Thomas Jr. or Worthy???
you should had stopped at Thomas......worthy's just a gadget player who is one good hit from never playing again.....he's 165lbs.....this is football, not track and field

Perfect fit and would just add another dimension to this offense that might allow the team to unlock it's full potential (O-line pending of course). I would love to add Jonnu Smith to this team and that knocks off TE1 as a need. I still want an upgrade to WR3 though, need someone who can beat man coverage outside of Hill/Waddle.

My dream of getting Brock Bowers just isn't realistic unless 20 NFL teams are dumb enough to let him go so Jonnu Smith will do.

If we can go into the draft just needing a RG on offense, I'll feel pretty good about what can become of the 2024 season. That means you'd have to get Connor Williams back in the fold and feel good about his knee.

At which point my goal would be to make 3 selections in the 2nd round.

Does anyone know if Smith left already without a contract?

It appears so. But according to reports negotiations are on going. It looks like there is competition for Smith. The question now becomes, can Miami close the deal?
well, if history tell us something is that "most" of the time when the player leaves without a deal he ends up with another team but we'll see.

I really like Jonnu Smith, I don't think he's had a fair chance since his Tennesee days. Bad QB after bad QB. Really good signing for Miami. I was pissed when he went to NE.
what concerns me is that they signed jonnu and henry at the same time.

henry "shined" (for lack of a better description), and jonnu was let go, both had the same sack of **** QB (mac jones).

Drew Rosenhaus on Joe Rose Radio Show this morning:

"Jonnu, who is absolutely one of the most attractive free agent tight ends on the market right now, he had a good meeting with the Dolphins. We have had discussions, but that's really the most that I can say about that one right now. It's a fluid situation. There are other teams involved and we'll just have to see how it shakes out here over the next period of of days and such."

Back
Top Bottom