****Jordan Love Super Thread**** | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Jordan Love Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised you didn't include Allen in that characterization who really is the epitome of an inaccurate, mobile, college- unimpressive big armed QB. I don't see Love being any riskier than him!

If you look at his post history, it's not surprising at all. Although maybe you're being facetious.

Where does this “low IQ” hard on for Love come from? It makes no sense. Next thing, you’ll be saying he’s only an athlete that should play WR, and other dog-whistle tales from the way back machine.

He threw 17 INT's

Do we really? Bringing in Chan Gailey's decrepit *** out of retirement is an example of having coaching? True, Flores squeezed 5 wins out of this putrid squad, but they very easily could end up taking a step back next year. Meanwhile, what happens if you bring Love into this situation and he winds up looking like a deer in headlights (which is what I honestly think would happen if they drafted him) This guy processes information slower than Rosen does. If Rosen didn't work out here, what makes anyone think Jordan Love would?

What makes Gailey a bad offensive coordinator choice in your mind? Do you not think he has any teaching skills?

He threw 17 INT's
He also only threw 6 in his frosh and 6 in his sophomore years. You make it sound like he's an interception machine.

Dan Marino threw 23 INTs in each of his junior and senior seasons.
Brett Favre threw 336 INTs in his career
Warren Moon threw a bazillion INTs.

Not saying that Love is on the caliber of any of those 3...but to call a guy "Low IQ" because of high INTs is a pretty weak argument.

Hopefully not by us. I'm tired of these "upsiders" who did squat in college taking roster spots away from players who actually produced all because of some mythical untapped "potential" that these egotistical coaches think they can get out of some of these bums. It's really ruined the game of football for me.

You could say the same thing about Marino coming out... there is no doubt Shula picked him because he was confident in his upside/potential ... I’m not saying Love will be anything remotely close to what Dan was, but it’s possible

He also only threw 6 in his frosh and 6 in his sophomore years. You make it sound like he's an interception machine.

Dan Marino threw 23 INTs in each of his junior and senior seasons.
Brett Favre threw 336 INTs in his career
Warren Moon threw a bazillion INTs.

Not saying that Love is on the caliber of any of those 3...but to call a guy "Low IQ" because of high INTs is a pretty weak argument.

You have to remember Marino, Favre and Moon played in a time when the game was completely different. A lot of Love’s INTs were simply throws he should not have made.

To be brutally honest, football IQ is actually the biggest question mark I have about Love. He struggled to read zone defenses in multiple games last season. He strikes me as a guy who is much more of a developmental project at the NFL level than his future draft position would indicate.

That doesn’t mean he won’t be successful. I simply think the Mahomes comparisons are highly unrealistic.

Love had a poor supporting cast and completely new coaching staff and offense. He has already said he tried to force bowls in order to make things happen. He was their best player and needed to make big plays to be competitive.

Utah State is a poorly ranked team. He had NFL caliber players around him his sophomore year like the RB who plays for the chiefs and just win his first super bowl.

Love had a poor supporting cast and completely new coaching staff and offense. He has already said he tried to force bowls in order to make things happen. He was their best player and needed to make big plays to be competitive.

Utah State is a poorly ranked team. He had NFL caliber players around him his sophomore year like the RB who plays for the chiefs and just win his first super bowl.

I completely agree. If we do not take Tua because they are too scared of his injury risk then I think Love should most definitely be our next option over Herbert.

You have to remember Marino, Favre and Moon played in a time when the game was completely different. A lot of Love’s INTs were simply throws he should not have made.

To be brutally honest, football IQ is actually the biggest question mark I have about Love. He struggled to read zone defenses in multiple games last season. He strikes me as a guy who is much more of a developmental project at the NFL level than his future draft position would indicate.

That doesn’t mean he won’t be successful. I simply think the Mahomes comparisons are highly unrealistic.
The Mahomes comparisons are completely lazy. The same way when there is a smaller white WR he is compared to Edelman/Welker. The same way that "every rb from Alabama" is going to bust because of Trent Richardson.

What scares me more about Love is his arrest for marijuana. That shows immaturity and stupidity. You are a leader of a D1 football team, Utah State or wherever.

The Mahomes comparisons are completely lazy. The same way when there is a smaller white WR he is compared to Edelman/Welker. The same way that "every rb from Alabama" is going to bust because of Trent Richardson.

What scares me more about Love is his arrest for marijuana. That shows immaturity and stupidity. You are a leader of a D1 football team, Utah State or wherever.

Yeah that was a poor choice, and that was in Logan Utah imagine the temptation in Miami when you sign a multi million dollar contract. I will support him of he is the selection and honestly think for Miami he is QB3

Yeah that was a poor choice, and that was in Logan Utah imagine the temptation in Miami when you sign a multi million dollar contract. I will support him of he is the selection and honestly think for Miami he is QB3
I've heard he's option 4 after Burrow, Tua and Herbert FWIW.
I don't care about the 17 int's but Love is just not accurate so I'd be a bit surprised if he drafted him but you just never know with our FO.

I've heard he's option 4 after Burrow, Tua and Herbert FWIW.
I don't care about the 17 int's but Love is just not accurate so I'd be a bit surprised if he drafted him but you just never know with our FO.

I've heard the same. Our source is awesome.

Love will be the biggest bust out of the 1st round. Everyone is looking for next Mahomes but this guy isn't even close. Should be a day two pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom