Josh Reed Notes! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Reed Notes!

The Spaz

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
In 30 games as a WR in college Josh Reed caught 167 balls for 3001 yards and a 18.0 yard average with a long of 75yds and scored 17 TD's. As far as combine notes he did 13 reps of 225 had a 37in vertical leap a broad jump of 9'11" 20-yard shuttle 4.10 and had a 21 wonderlic score. Twice was chosen 1st team ALL-SEC and LSU Player of Year. Josh Reed set 17 Tigers and SEC records including a single season conference mark for receiving yards in 2001. He also posted a school record 17 games of 100+ receiving yards. He also is the only player in SEC history to have 3,000 receiving yards. " Josh is a great receiver. You can see he's an ex-runningback the way he runs and cuts. I haven't seen him brought down by just one person too often. You pretty much need to have several defenders flying to the ball and making great plays to catch him because he's such a great athlete."-Illinois Linebacker- Jerry Schumacher

Go Bills!

Yeah but then again Josh Reed isn't a nut Like Ryan Leaf! Go Bills!

Umm in case you haven't noticed Josh Reed is a WR. It's ok to be afraid of Josh I know you are by the way your trying to blow him off but he will prove you wrong on the field no doubt! Go Bills!

Originally posted by The Spaz
Umm in case you haven't noticed Josh Reed is a WR. It's ok to be afraid of Josh I know you are by the way your trying to blow him off but he will prove you wrong on the field no doubt! Go Bills!

I know who Josh Reed is... and I certainly don't fear him based on his performance in college .... which was my point... want me to start naming WR "prodigies"? or are you on the same page yet?

In matter of fact I want you to start naming Wr's who in college have had the same amount of success as Josh Reed. Ready GO! Go Bills!

Ok...

Rahib Ismail-
One of the most recognized players in college football, Ismail was an All-America selection his sophomore and junior seasons at Notre Dame and finished second in the 1990 Heisman Trophy balloting following his junior year. During his college career, he averaged 15.3 yards from scrimmage, 27.6 yards on kickoff returns and 61.8 yards-per-touchdown play. His career average of 22.0 yards-per-reception set a school record while his five career kickoff returns for touchdowns ranked one shy of the NCAA record. He returned kickoffs for touchdowns of 89 and 92 yards against Michigan in 1989 as a sophomore and had two kickoff returns for touchdowns against Rice as a freshman to become the first player in NCAA history to return two kickoffs for touchdowns in two separate games. As a junior, Ismail ranked ninth in the nation, averaging 156.9 all-purpose yards and led the Irish with 32 receptions for 699 yards and two touchdowns in addition to ranking third in rushing with 537 yards and three touchdowns on 67 carries. He had two games with over 170 yards receiving in addition to crossing the 100-yard rushing mark in two contests. As a sophomore, Ismail averaged 135.7 all-purpose yards with 27 receptions for 535 yards and 478 rushing yards on 64 carries. He was named MVP of the Orange Bowl after rushing for 108 yards, including a 35-yard touchdown, against Colorado in a 21-6 win.

Big impact player nowadays eh? oh it gets much better.....

how about....

Kevin Lockett -

Lockett established himself as the most prolific pass catcher in Kansas State history. He caught 217 passes, the 11th-best total in NCAA history by the end of his senior year in 1997. He had 3,032 receiving yards, topped only by Oklahoma State's Hart Lee Dykes on the all-time Big 12 chart. Lockett set other all-time Kansas State receiving marks, including TD catches (26) and consecutive games with a catch (43). He's the only player in Big 8 and Big 12 history to gain more than 550 yards receiving in four straight seasons. As a senior, he set a Wildcats single-season record with 72 catches. His 882 receiving yards were the second-best total in Kansas State history. He caught six TDs and averaged 12.3 yards per catch. He was a third-team AP All-America pick and a unanimous first team All-Big 12 selection. He earned First Team GTE/CoSIDA Academic All-America honors for the second straight year. He led the Big 8 with 56 catches for 797 yards (14.2 avg.) and 13 TDs as junior. He earned UPI Honorable Mention All-America honors and was a unanimous first-team All-Big 8 selection. He was second-team AP All-Big 8 as a sophomore after finishing fifth in the conference with 39 catches for 583 yards and three TDs. He posted 50 catches for 770 yards (15.4 avg.) with four TDs as a freshman.

Kevin Who?

And the Big, glaring example of not using college stats to imply how good someone will be in the NFL...

Peter Warrick -
Set an Atlantic Coast Conference record for receiving yards (3517) during his Florida State career, and posted Seminoles record for TD catches (32) ... Amassed 937 career punt return yards, averaging 13.0 on 72 returns ... Named MVP of 2000 Sugar Bowl as FSU defeated Virginia Tech 46-29 for national championship ... Caught 6 passes for 163 yards in Sugar Bowl, including TD catches of 43 and 64 yards, and also scored on a 59-yard punt return and a two-point conversion ... Earned consensus All-America honors as a junior and a senior, catching 61 passes for 1232 yards (20.2 avg.) and 12 TDs as a junior, and 71 passes for 934 yards (13.2) with 8 TDs in nine games as a senior ... Averaged 139.7 all-purpose yards per game as a senior, including 12.6 avg. on 18 punt returns, including a 75-yard TD ... Redshirted as true freshman in 1995; played in 43 games from 1996-99.

That enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference Josh Reed made an impact in his rookie year none of the players you listed did. Did any of those players win the Biletnikoff Award (Nations top receiver)? Also how about you layout career stats in college just not game stats. In 2001 Josh Reed caught 94 passes for 1,470 yards. If you want big game stats how about Josh Reed's 239 yards on 14 receptions against Illinois in the Sugar Bowl or 19 catches for 293 yards against Alabama. You will be eating crow about Josh Reed when the season rolls around. Your DB's won't know what happened I mean who are going to leave open Eric Moulds who seems to burn you guys every game I don't think so. I'm done with this thread and and prepare to eat crow come this upcoming season. Go Bills!

Originally posted by The Spaz
The difference Josh Reed made an impact in his rookie year none of the players you listed did.
Did any of those players win the Biletnikoff Award (Nations top receiver)? Also how about you layout career stats in college just not game stats. In 2001 Josh Reed caught 94 passes for 1,470 yards. If you want big game stats how about Josh Reed's 239 yards on 14 receptions against Illinois in the Sugar Bowl or 19 catches for 293 yards against Alabama. You will be eating crow about Josh Reed when the season rolls around. Your DB's won't know what happened I mean who are going to leave open Eric Moulds who seems to burn you guys every game I don't think so. I'm done with this thread and and prepare to eat crow come this upcoming season. Go Bills!

Ummm ... I did list career stats...
as for eating crow? why should I? all I was doing was saying you can't go by college stats in the pros, there are plenty of examples either way, and while using college stats to show the worth of a rookie, is quite common... Reed isn't a rookie anymore, and lost the advantage of having Price in there with him. It will be interesting to see how he does without two other recievers that the defense has to watch....
He may excel ... he may falter... but college stats are no indication of either....
It seems you really did miss my point completely... not surprising.

Anyways...lol:)! Josh Reed will excel just as Peerless Price did with Eric Moulds lined up across form him, Drew Bledsoe loves Josh Reed's ability. The only total yardage you listed was Peter Warrick. I'm saying you will eat crow because you don't feel he can get the job done, which he will! Go Bills!

Another difference is that Josh Reed won't be thrown into the tigers as a raw prospect! He got to play the slot last year, and this year he will be playing w/ All-Pro Eric Moulds. Josh Reed actually outperformed Peerless in TC and Pre-season last year. So....

Be afraid.

Who was the otehr threat on LSU? NOBODY.

He carried that team on offense, he should have no problem being a #2 WR!

You guys are high if you believe that Reed is the answer to all your prayers. He's a decent WR, but he's not going to be great and he's not going to do anything close to what Price did for you. All the college stats in the world mean absolutely nothing until the player shows that he can do the same thing in the pros and, so far, Reed hasn't shown that. He was a decent #3 but nothing spectacular and now he's going to have to face each opposing team's top corners each week so we'll most likely see him flounder for much of the season as he attempts (and likely fails) to adjust to the added pressure.

I think your high if you don't beleive Josh Reed has skill! The man just didn't do good in college he did great in college. He will lineup across form Eric Moulds and will do very well. I predict at least 70 catches for 1,000 yards! Go Bills!

Back
Top Bottom