Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

The two situations aren't even close to being similar. Just because you have a hard on for Rosen doesn't mean you're right. They traded a 2nd and 5th round pick for Rosen and he couldn't even beat out Fitzpatrick last year when he was given a chance. Tua was drafted at #5 this year to be the long term franchise QB. He will be the starter for a long time as long as remains healthy. Rosen already lost his chance to be a starter here. What part of that do you not understand?
Just because somebody points out your hypocrisy doesn’t mean that there a Rosen fan. So put that back in the blowhole in which it came from

Basically it was a 3rd round pick they gave up at 62nd. The best QB available would have been Will Grier if QB was the route you wanted to go, I'd take Rosen 100 times over Grier. You can make the case that you could have taken DK Metcalf and I'd say "OK sure that would be a much better use of that pick" but again it would also be hindsight since you had no idea DK was gonna fall that far at the time.

Overall all I know is a team that was supposed to be void of talent and a roster of scrubs played their asses off in 2019. In 2020 Miami had 14 picks in the draft when it started and in 2021 Miami still has 10 picks with multiple 1st and 2nds. I'm not worried about Josh Rosen and "what ifs" at this point.

Had there been no Rosen trade, no one knows who Miami would have picked. If they had QB position rated high, maybe rosen was seen as a good risk. We know with some certainty if QB wasn't seen as a need, Rosen wouldn't have been a temptation.

I'm not sold on Rosen, but he's still here so Flo/Gailey apparently don't see him as a clear 'fail' as others do. We don't know if the plan is to give TT a shot to start game one or hold him til game 8 (example). That decision affects Rosen. Have they seen enough he's penciled in as TT's backup? No poster here knows. What would Miami take in trade? Also unknown. Clearly they've not received an offer deemed 'good enough.' I have no problem keeping him til summer and see if he's progressed any.

Basically it was a 3rd round pick they gave up at 62nd. The best QB available would have been Will Grier if QB was the route you wanted to go, I'd take Rosen 100 times over Grier. You can make the case that you could have taken DK Metcalf and I'd say "OK sure that would be a much better use of that pick" but again it would also be hindsight since you had no idea DK was gonna fall that far at the time.

Overall all I know is a team that was supposed to be void of talent and a roster of scrubs played their asses off in 2019. In 2020 Miami had 14 picks in the draft when it started and in 2021 Miami still has 10 picks with multiple 1st and 2nds. I'm not worried about Josh Rosen and "what ifs" at this point.

I wouldn't have used the pick on a QB at all. I would have used it on another position knowing they were probably going to draft a QB this year like they did by drafting Tua.

I wouldn't have used the pick on a QB at all. I would have used it on another position knowing they were probably going to draft a QB this year like they did by drafting Tua.

Fair enough. Neither would I, but Grier/Flo did. Apparently they saw value in a QB and Rosen above available rookies. Whether they, or we, were right, remains to be seen.

Just because somebody points out your hypocrisy doesn’t mean that there a Rosen fan. So put that back in the blowhole in which it came from

There is no hypocrisy when it comes to these two situations. Rosen got here by trade and Tua got here by getting drafted here. It's night and day. Plus Tua will be the starter here long term and Rosen won't be. End of story!

Fair enough. Neither would I, but Grier/Flo did. Apparently they saw value in a QB and Rosen above available rookies. Whether they, or we, were right, remains to be seen.

Well obviously they were wrong when it comes to Rosen because he couldn't beat out Fitzpatrick last year and won't be the starter here now that they have drafted Tua.

There is no hypocrisy when it comes to these two situations. Rosen got here by trade and Tua got here by getting drafted here. It's night and day. Plus Tua will be the starter here long term and Rosen won't be. End of story!
Dude by your definition/ description, if he can’t beat fitz out he sucks. Doesn’t matter how the player got here.If tua doesn’t start because of injury that’s one thing, but if he can’t beat fits out healthy he sucks. Your words.

Well obviously they were wrong when it comes to Rosen because he couldn't beat out Fitzpatrick last year and won't be the starter here now that they have drafted Tua.

I think we disagree on the obsession with 'starter.' Yeah, I wish he'd played at All-Pro level and exceeded his value, but my perception of value is if Miami gets a backup for a 2nd, in NFL reality, that's not a failure. I doubt we'll ever resolve that difference of opinion.

Dude by your definition/ description, if he can’t beat fitz out he sucks. Doesn’t matter how the player got here.If tua doesn’t start because of injury that’s one thing, but if he can’t beat fits out healthy he sucks. Your words.

And did you read my earlier post on the matter? I said it doesn't matter if Tua starts this year or not because he is the long term starter come 2021 regardless of what happens this year. Rosen's ship has already sailed when it comes to starting here. He had his chance and blew it. Tua won't blow his chance no matter when he starts.

That too was uncertain, if not for the injury Miami might have Borrow right now or neither if another team decided to trade up and grab Tua. You can't always bet on what you think you're going to get if you have a deal in front of you that makes sense and that was my point all along. Given how inept Miami has been at the QB position since Marino, doubling or even tripling down was OK in my eyes.

I don't think many people can argue that QB hasn't been a position of need for decades.

That too was uncertain, if not for the injury Miami might have Borrow right now or neither if another team decided to trade up and grab Tua. You can't always bet on what you think you're going to get if you have a deal in front of you that makes sense and that was my point all along. Given how inept Miami has been at the QB position since Marino, doubling or even tripling down was OK in my eyes.

I don't think many people can argue that QB hasn't been a position of need for decades.

QB has been a position of need for decades but that doesn't mean Rosen was the right move. I think they wanted Tua along so why waste a draft pick on Rosen?

I think we disagree on the obsession with 'starter.' Yeah, I wish he'd played at All-Pro level and exceeded his value, but my perception of value is if Miami gets a backup for a 2nd, in NFL reality, that's not a failure. I doubt we'll ever resolve that difference of opinion.

So you think teams draft QB's in the 2nd round to be backups? I doubt most teams think that way. They try to draft starters in the 2nd round regardless of position. Backup QB's are usually drafted later in the draft.

And did you read my earlier post on the matter? I said it doesn't matter if Tua starts this year or not because he is the long term starter come 2021 regardless of what happens this year. Rosen's ship has already sailed when it comes to starting here. He had his chance and blew it. Tua won't blow his chance no matter when he starts.
Yeah I read that hypocritical post, and it sounds just as stupid the second time.

It was a good trade last year. We took a lottery ticket on a guy who was a top-10 pick the year before, and it is what it is. Everyone brings up the C that NO took, but who is to say that we were ever going to take him?

I don't think Rosen will ever amount to a whole lot, but if he's a serviceable backup ala Matt Moore for a while at a cheap price, it's not a a bad deal at all. I'd still make that trade.

QB has been a position of need for decades but that doesn't mean Rosen was the right move. I think they wanted Tua along so why waste a draft pick on Rosen?

They had to line someone up under center and with Fitz you had no idea how he would hold up or play, the Tannehill experiment was over. I think it was simply "hey we can get a 1st round 2018 QB for a second and we have an extra 2nd in 2020 so let's do it". I actually think this thread (myself included) is overthinking the move more than Flores and Grier did, at worst case you rode Rosen to the number #1 overall pick in 2020, which would have paid for itself.

Back
Top Bottom