Josh Rosen Would Have Gone #1 Overall This Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Would Have Gone #1 Overall This Year?

WestSideFin

Active Roster
Reaction score
Todd Mcshay said on ESPN if he was going through his pre draft analysis and grading these players out. Josh Rosen would be his #1 QB in this years draft over kyler Murray. Just passing the info on I found it interesting. Have a good one y’all.
Finsup

Rosen at 20 years old was considered to have the best arm and be the most ready QB last year...
But he is a pocket guy, and Arizona had no pocket to speak of.

I will admit, I prefer pocket QBs. They last longer and get hurt less. The mobile guys lose efficiency as they age while a wily old pocket guy can live forever.

Rosen is 22. Let me say that again.... 22.

I definitely think Murray is the better prospect. But this year is a very weak QB class, so who knows. I had Rosen rated as a bust coming out, so he would never have topped my boards. Did nothing in Arizona to change my mind. If the kid is going to have an attitude adjustment that changes his NFL trajectory, it needs to happen now.

Was he saying that last week? Asking for a friend.

It's a good situation for Miami. If Rosen plays well the team may have its quarterback of the future. If he doesn't, the team now has a slew of draft picks to move up for one of the top quarterbacks in 2020 if need be. If Rosen hits, can you imagine what the Dolphins can do with the draft capital in 2020? I believe the team could end up with two #2 picks, two #3 picks and two #4 picks depending on compensatory picks.

It's hard to look at the glaring hole at defensive end, although I guess Wilkins could play end this year. It's hard to look at the RT spot that needs help. But, this is such a big rebuild that all the needs couldn't be filled this offseason. I really like what the front office is doing, something that I haven't been able to say for a long-time. The trade back with New Orleans was a prime example of getting extra value for that #2 pick before the trade with Arizona.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I would have ranked Rosen third behind Murray and Haskins. Coming out, I liked Rosen better than Darnold but there was concern about his "unique personality." I think that was the term used to describe Rosen and there were questions about how he might relate to teammates. That still bears watching. I don't think leadership is one of his better skill sets.

I keep hearing this thing about his bad attitude. What did/does he do?

I definitely think Murray is the better prospect. But this year is a very weak QB class, so who knows. I had Rosen rated as a bust coming out, so he would never have topped my boards. Did nothing in Arizona to change my mind. If the kid is going to have an attitude adjustment that changes his NFL trajectory, it needs to happen now.
I don't know who his agent is, but Grier and maybe even Ross should have a Come To God meeting with him since his own earnings depend on Rosen not washing out. The agent should put a stop to social media, and manage him on a regular basis including having him not speak his mind so freely. As far as learning, Rosen is allegedly very smart, respects intelligence so I don't think there will be a problem cueing to Fitzpatrick and taking mentoring from Caldwell so there's that too.

Last edited:
I keep hearing this thing about his bad attitude. What did/does he do?

Just look up his comments about Cleveland before the draft for an idea of what people are talking about. Also his comments immediately after the draft. Granted, I really enjoyed his comments about Cleveland -- and I don't think he was wrong -- but you can't say that kind of stuff. It's just dumb.

He seems very emotionally immature and has an entitled mentality. But he's also a smart kid and has shown he can do a lot of the things that a quarterback needs to do to succeed. So you take a chance on him growing up a little bit after suffering some adversity and hope for a payoff.

Just look up his comments about Cleveland before the draft for an idea of what people are talking about. Also his comments immediately after the draft. Granted, I really enjoyed his comments about Cleveland -- and I don't think he was wrong -- but you can't say that kind of stuff. It's just dumb.

He seems very emotionally immature and has an entitled mentality. But he's also a smart kid and has shown he can do a lot of the things that a quarterback needs to do to succeed. So you take a chance on him growing up a little bit after suffering some adversity and hope for a payoff.
What were we like at 21, there's a reason for hope!

Yes and unfriending the Cards on social media after they picked Murray was kinda immature. At least wait 24 hours or so.

I don't know who his agent is, but Gaines and maybe even Ross should have a Come To God meeting with him since his own earnings depend on Rosen not washing out. The agent should put a stop to social media, and manage him on a regular basis including having him not speak his mind so freely. As far as learning, Rosen is allegedly very smart, respects intelligence so I don't think there will be a problem cueing to Fitzpatrick and taking mentoring from Caldwell so there's that too.
In other words, we should hire a babysitter! Lol

Back
Top Bottom