Judge lifts lockout, doesn't grant stay | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judge lifts lockout, doesn't grant stay

Watching ESPN it seems that it will take 24-48 hours to rule on a stay. No stay means the beginning of free agency. Trading players during the draft would be nice, but to me it is more important to be open for business by Saturday night. I don't want the AFL, CFL and UFL swooping in and taking all the undrafted free agents.

So, FA could start 24 hours before the draft?

How ****ing crazy would that make the entire process. Trying to keep up with everything would be damn near impossible.

Well hopefully the owners realize what is at stake here like Nubs pointed out. I dont want to see the undrafted players scooped up by other leagues.

thats not good

A stay means that they will have the appeals process before the lockout is officially lifted. The owners will probably get a stay, but probably will lose the appeal. That process would probably take about a month which puts the start of free agency at the end of May or beginning of June.

So, FA could start 24 hours before the draft?

How ****ing crazy would that make the entire process. Trying to keep up with everything would be damn near impossible.

Which is probably why they will be granted a stay. It will be extremely crazy if free agency begins immediately.

I don't think anyone wants FA to start this close to the draft but probably want trades, player contact, and undrafted FA signings.

Whats it really mean ? Its finally proof the since the owners are seeking a stay, they had full intention from day 1 to shut the NFL down, not the players.
Well anyone that didn't think that already has a screw loose. The owners made a TV deal (that has since been declared illegal) that paid them even if there was a lockout. Now why do you put that in your deal, unless you planned to use it ?

I would be shocked if they don't get the stay, but I would love the circus if they don't.

Well either way I hope an agreement is reached because there needs to be a cap and there needs to be some changes to the model and this will only delay the inevitable. Im on the side of the fans of which neither the owners or players truly give a damn as long as they have fat pockets

A stay is almost gaurenteed as there are no rules in place right now for FA. What this really means: The coaches should be on the phone with all their players setting things up IE DABOLL CALL HENNE!!!!!!

How can Roger Godell say, "We know the fans just want football, and that's what we want too, just to get back to football" then turn around and say "We want to appeal this judges decision to end the lockout because it's in the best interest of the players"??????? LIIIIAAARRRRR.

Even if they don't get a stay, wouldn't you need six years of service to be a FA, just like last year?

Short term, I would think the benefit would be in the ability to swap players for picks.

Back
Top Bottom