Judge lifts lockout, doesn't grant stay | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judge lifts lockout, doesn't grant stay

Even if they don't get a stay, wouldn't you need six years of service to be a FA, just like last year?

Short term, I would think the benefit would be in the ability to swap players for picks.

It all depends on what the judge rules. It is possible they adopt last years rules until an agreement is reached (which could all be voided when they reach an agreement if they agree to something different).

Basically, just as it was before, we know nothing of how this will all turn out. Circus is still in session. and once the draft ends. the NFL will most likely shut down until an agreement is reached.

As far as i understand it, the way the ruling judge worded her decision will make it MUCH HARDER to get a stay.

I am not saying they will not get one, i am saying she did her best to make sure it did not happen.

Translated: she wanted to slap the owners down, and help out the players, and in turn, us, who love football.

Even if we are Dolphin fans...

You know who should've oversaw this case? The honorable Judge Alex. He doesn't take **** from anybody.

judgealexJPG-1.jpg

Judge Whopner taught those two all they know!

it now seems like the owners won't get a stay after all. wow, they must be pissed. chris mortensen said free agency may begin on draft day.

Common sense tells me ... the lockout might be lifted, but the owners want to take back money & the Civil War will heat up ... looks like the lawyers might get a good chunk of that money!!

i.e. if the judge rolls the status quo back to last year ...

In the past ... I believe there was a Salary Cap, but there is NO Salary MINIMUM. So the owners can just collude & not pay big contracts to Free Agents, Players, .... AND Draftees!! i.e. The owners could set a Secret Salary Cap (wink, wink, nod, nod).

Everyone may just go into a big snit & dig in there heels ... then sue each other, which will drag on forever!! Although football may go on in some funky manner.

ALSO ... those other player lawsuits will probably come into play ... could abolish the Draft & Player-Restrictions ... we could be headed to the Hollywood/Soccer model of contracts rule = sign anyone, any time.

Boil it all down & the owners can still play by the Golden Rule ... He who hath the Gold, Rules!! In laymen's terms ... everyone can dig in their heals & do what they want = Civil War. (Within the court rulings!! Loopholes, baby!! lol)

IMO, there is a decent chance even the 8th Circuit will not stay the injunction.

Unlike a money judgment, where a stay is normal, a stay of an injunction allows the irreparable harm the injunction is intended to prevent.

And on the contrary, it is difficult to see how lifting the lockout harms the owners, especially if there is a ruling that the 2010 rules remain in effect. Also, part of the ruling which was posted relies on harm to the public as well as the Players, as one of its findings, as such, a stay would also harm the public.

I will try to take the time tomorrow to read the whole Order to see if there is anything which changes my feelings on this....

So the owners can just collude & not pay big contracts to Free Agents, Players, .... AND Draftees!! i.e. The owners could set a Secret Salary Cap (wink, wink, nod, nod).

Not gonna happen.....It would be possible if they were all tight and not ego maniacs but guys like Daniel Snyder, Jerry Jones, etc. would swoop in when they saw the writing on the wall and pay top dollar for the best FA's, etc.

Not gonna happen.....It would be possible if they were all tight and not ego maniacs but guys like Daniel Snyder, Jerry Jones, etc. would swoop in when they saw the writing on the wall and pay top dollar for the best FA's, etc.

We shall see ... rich guys are usually so tight, they're bungholes squeek!! They're on a mission to screw the players out of money!! The group can put the screws to a few unruly owners if the core sticks together ... squeek!! squeek!!

Judge Nelson just denied the motion for a stay. I assume now the league will go to the 8th circuit as a last ditch hope, though it sounds like free agency is about to kick off.

Back
Top Bottom