Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point

themole said:
Thanks. Saban not dumping AJ from the get go tells me he sees something worth keeping. I do know this for a fact...Saban ain't no JOKE! As you stated, AJ would be kicking horse turd$ down the street now, if Saban didn't see potential. :D

Same tired argument. Just because he didn't dump him doesn't mean he has any faith in him. He just doesn't have any better options.

If you drive a lousy car that gets bad mileage and the a/c's broken, and you can't yet afford to upgrade or can't find any good deals on a better used car, you don't dump the car. You have to make do. In fact, maybe you buy an older cheap car (Gus) to try out and if it's more dependable, you drive that until the right deal comes along on that cherry 'Stang.

inFINSible said:
Don't you guys think that if Feeley came in here and ruined the team single handedly, we all would be more than happy to run him out of town?

The fact remains that there were INFINITE reasons that this team crashed and burned last year and Feeley may or may not have been one of them.

Obviously, Saban feels that he wasn't a main cause of the wreckage.

I dont think Feeley ruined our year or that he is solely responsible for the 4 win season. He is however, responsible for how poorly he played. I dont think its unfair to judge a player by how he plays. If he had just been unspectacular or mediocre that would have been justifiable with the team in disarray. However, his play was so poor that it simply has to raise the question about whether or not he is capable of being a starter in the league. His mistakes were disasterous, they flatout lost games for us.
He deserves a fair shot. This year we will have solid line play (hopefully), some talent at Rb, and a decent Wr core. There will be injuries, there will be broken down plays, these things happen. The good Qbs avoid the huge mistakes and make things happen when plays break down. I havent seen Feeley do this, maybe he can step up this year.
I am extremely skeptical about Feeley. I hope for the best but I dont see the talent in him to make trading a 2nd rounder for him justifiable. He just doesnt have the presence and poise a guy with 4 or 5 years experience should have. He shouldnt have been shellshocked from the word go. He should have showed more last year.
Im not sure Saban's decision to not draft a Qb is a vote of confidence for Feeley. Saban clearly wanted to get younger on defense and establish a running game. These are his priorities. He can say what he wants now but I do believe he would have drafted Smith if San Fran had passed on him. That says a lot right there. We had limited draft picks. IF we had the 3rd rounder we wasted on Gordon we probaly would have gone with a Qb. The bottom line is the defense needed youth, Saban went that way in his first year. This next offseason Saban is going to go Qb shopping if Feeley faulters. He probaly will draft one regardless.

rickeyrunsover said:
Yes he won teh job in Wash, but he lost it almost as quick. They tried trent green and any other qb they could. AJ may not be the future, but at least there is a chance. Gus has no chance. You can say that Saban didnt draft a qb because who he wanted was gone at the time he drafted, but he had several chances to draft a qb and he could have made it a priority. McPherson in teh 4th would not have been a reach, yet he passed, he passed on Orton, Greene (in thr rd prior to him being drafted), Frye in the second. Obviously he didnt see them as better than what we have. If he saw ZERO potential in AJ, anyone of them would have been worth the pick.

You know what's funny? Both of us are just to damn stubborn to give more than an inch. :D I think you and I could go on and on and on. Don't ya think? :wink:

Are you guys new to this website?

I can't believe this same arguement got so many replies.

SCall13 said:
You know what's funny? Both of us are just to damn stubborn to give more than an inch. :D I think you and I could go on and on and on. Don't ya think? :wink:

Stubbern, I aint stubbern who you callin stubbern, you wisearse, your argumentative and hard to debate, I am sweet as pie, I dont care what they all say. what is this tomfoolery?! :roflmao: Yeah, weird I agree with you, wow that hurt.

NYinBostonFin said:
Are you guys new to this website?

I can't believe this same arguement got so many replies.

Nah wes oldtimers some that have been married for years and are trying to get away from our wives! Quick she aint lookin is she? Oh gotta go here she comes..........

Back
Top Bottom