Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point

feeley will NEVER start a playoff game for the Miami Dolphins. NEVER. Mark that down.

We are going to HAVE to do something... trade for Rivers, Brees, Ramsey, ANYONE is better than that career 3rd stringer.

This franchise is going to HAVE to swallow hard and pay the price for a top-flight signal caller. The fastest way to below-mediocrity is to get cheap about the QB position and we have done that for 7 years now. No effort was made to get a successor ready for Marino except bring in castoffs and rejects.

Saban has upgraded a number of positions but we are still stuck with Wannstedt-caliber QBs. We are seeing NO playoffs (run the Mora tape here) until we get a QB.

6-10. :yell:

dolphingator said:
feeley will NEVER start a playoff game for the Miami Dolphins. NEVER. Mark that down.

We are going to HAVE to do something... trade for Rivers, Brees, Ramsey, ANYONE is better than that career 3rd stringer.

This franchise is going to HAVE to swallow hard and pay the price for a top-flight signal caller. The fastest way to below-mediocrity is to get cheap about the QB position and we have done that for 7 years now. No effort was made to get a successor ready for Marino except bring in castoffs and rejects.

Saban has upgraded a number of positions but we are still stuck with Wannstedt-caliber QBs. We are seeing NO playoffs (run the Mora tape here) until we get a QB.

6-10. :yell:

A year ago, Charger fans were typing the same diatribe...

I’m NOT saying Feeley is anything other than what he has shown us, but I am not going to just rip him and not give him a chance because there WERE other mitigating factors in play last season…that exact same short- sidedness got us into this mess!

inFINSible said:
The guy makes a good point and is right but, instead of acknowledging that he could be right, your hatred for Feeley comes shining through.
Seems like you're a fan of your own opinion more than a fan of hoping Feeley is more than he showed last year.

The guy is right?? He said when your leading reciever is your tight end it means your best route is a short one. Thats funny, last year Wiggins was the Vikings leading reciever and they had Moss.
You just have to find a way to insult anyone who sees Feelme as he is. Face it, he is not starting NFL material.:shakeno:

svnrdr said:
A year ago, Charger fans were typing the same diatribe...

I’m NOT saying Feeley is anything other than what he has shown us, but I am not going to just rip him and not give him a chance because there WERE other mitigating factors in play last season…that exact same short- sidedness got us into this mess!

You can say that but what was Brees in college?? He was a good QB. People want to keep comparing Feeley's first year to that of Elway and Manning, but what did Feeley do in college to prove he is a good player? Nothing. He was a chance when Philly took him. He was even a bigger risk when we took him. He has made his carreer on people like many of you that see him throw a couple good passes and a couple clips of good plays he has made. Until he shows that he can do something in the NFL, he was a huge waste of a 2nd round pick.

SCall13 said:
Saban more likely kept Feeley around to back up Gus. Feeley is cheap this year, but next year his salary cap number jumps way up. He will either restructure after this season and continue to be a backup to whomever Saban brings in or he will be shopping his services elsewhere.

You have no foundation whatsoever to base that statement on! Other than a obvious bias against Feely. Both potential starters are coming into a situation that could be just like it was last year concerning the OL. If Hudson Houck can work magic on the OL of last year, then the QB coach should be able to develope the potential of AJ Feely. NOTHING we have right now is a given. It's all based on potential. AJ has just as much upside as Gus. My point is...for the teams sake..I hope it's AJ, because he is younger.

FiN.in.RI said:
He did in Philly and he did it in college.

DID WHAT?? All he did in college or pro has been to hold a clip board or throw interceptions at an unprecedented pace. Gvie me a break. He played 4 games in Philly behind a GREAT OL and with teams that didn't have anything to use to prepare for him. Now every team in the league knows the way to beat him is blitz him and he will throw it to the other team.

Shamboubou said:
You can say that but what was Brees in college?? He was a good QB. People want to keep comparing Feeley's first year to that of Elway and Manning, but what did Feeley do in college to prove he is a good player? Nothing. He was a chance when Philly took him. He was even a bigger risk when we took him. He has made his carreer on people like many of you that see him throw a couple good passes and a couple clips of good plays he has made. Until he shows that he can do something in the NFL, he was a huge waste of a 2nd round pick.

You obviously have not read my posts.

themole said:
You have no foundation whatsoever to base that statement on! Other than a obvious bias against Feely. Both potential starters are coming into a situation that could be just like it was last year concerning the OL. If Hudson Houck can work magic on the OL of last year, then the QB coach should be able to develope the potential of AJ Feely. NOTHING we have right now is a given. It's all based on potential. AJ has just as much upside as Gus. My point is...for the teams sake..I hope it's AJ, because he is younger.

Then you should LOVE Brock Berlin, b/c with that logic Brock is younger and cheaper with much more potential. He at least is not color blind. He knows who his team mates are.

svnrdr said:
You obviously have not read my posts.

That was geared more towards the part of your post that said that is what SD fans where saying last year. I have read your posts and I know that you are not predicting what he is going to be. I was not calling you out it was more just towards the comment that you made about SD fans.

raving said:
You presented a clear and formidable case...the problem was you are dealing with a dogmatic, myopic, close-minded hard head who is more interesting in winning his point then understanding something basic about our team and our coaching staff and our overall predicament. That seems closer to the old way we did things and that got us into a heap of trouble. Trust me - if Saban did not think that Feeley deserved a shot at playing he would be out on the street. Saban knows what we all know - do not throw the baby out with the bath water - unless that baby smacks of a Wanny-esque small minded approach that leaves you and your crew and your family at the bottom of the freakin ocean!

Thanks. Saban not dumping AJ from the get go tells me he sees something worth keeping. I do know this for a fact...Saban ain't no JOKE! As you stated, AJ would be kicking horse turd$ down the street now, if Saban didn't see potential. :D

TARHEEL38 said:
The guy is right?? He said when your leading reciever is your tight end it means your best route is a short one. Thats funny, last year Wiggins was the Vikings leading reciever and they had Moss.
You just have to find a way to insult anyone who sees Feelme as he is. Face it, he is not starting NFL material.:shakeno:

OK, compare apples to apples…

There is a big difference when you have Moss and Burleson along with a solid running game to open up your TE vs. NOT having any time to throw and checking down to your TE or even having to lock in on him from the get go as had to be done by Fiedler and Feeley.

Moss drew double teams that opened up other players and kept teams from putting 8-9 in the box…So YES the short routes were our primary passing routes.

TARHEEL38 said:
Then you should LOVE Brock Berlin, b/c with that logic Brock is younger and cheaper with much more potential. He at least is not color blind. He knows who his team mates are.

He also said for the Team's sake.. :shakeno:

Shamboubou said:
That was geared more towards the part of your post that said that is what SD fans where saying last year. I have read your posts and I know that you are not predicting what he is going to be. I was not calling you out it was more just towards the comment that you made about SD fans.

It was a statement of fact, not opinion...Living in So Cal I heard and read daily fans wanting to draft Manning or Rivers...

All is good...I know you were not calling me out...:D

TARHEEL38 said:

:roflmao: His problem is, he brings a BB gun to a field where everyone else is shooting 30/30s.

The proper "LOGIC" is matching the "CALIBER" of the players.

You're using a pee shooter. :D

TARHEEL38 said:
DID WHAT?? All he did in college or pro has been to hold a clip board or throw interceptions at an unprecedented pace. Gvie me a break. He played 4 games in Philly behind a GREAT OL and with teams that didn't have anything to use to prepare for him. Now every team in the league knows the way to beat him is blitz him and he will throw it to the other team.

^^^^^ I won't waste my time with this trash. Who would? :nono:

EDIT: I can see this thread took a turn for the worse. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom